Vehicles in Entropia?

Nayera Tharan

Mature
Society
Freelancer
Nayera Naya Tharan
It was a fair while ago, but I recall seeing teasers for the new CryEngine with roads involved?

Does this mean we can expect to see vehicles in the future? Or is it just decoration? (Hopefully not!)

Does anyone know anything about this? Or maybe I'm mistaken...

If there were to be vehicles though, what would you like to see?

I want motorbikes! And it'd be pretty cool (not that I'm evil) if there were road accidents... and there could be drag racing and all sorts of fun stuff :p

I'm getting carried away now, so please, give me your opinion :p

~Naya

Most likely that was the Crysis teaser, crysis is another game.

Entropia will most likely not have vehicles :D

Will be too much for MA to handle.

Ah bugger lol just as i was getting all excited :p

Can't wait to see some new content in any case... and not just pretty graphics :p

All in good time >.<

Itd be great.... MA could introduce a new profession, and then toss on a bunch of decay on these things.... start to "tax" us even more for travelling.

Of course implementation of vehicles is no easy job.... if you want relealistic, of course they could just change up the model :D so that we just travel but make it so you pop out a vehicle, might make climbing those massive mounts a bit quicker :D...

If not then... imagine all the programming needed to put them in properly... I remember when HL(half life) got vehicles and put it in, god it was funny.... power up the engine go straight then turn off the car, the momentum would take the vehicle off the map :D.

Hehe, It was in a survey MA sent us through e-mail a while back... If I remember correctly, It came in mail right after I made my account in 2005.

So they had this in their sick minds back then already...:eek:

I would like to see those small hoovering bikes... and the movement should be like in Gta IV or Halo... also, the option to shoot while speeding around the terrain is a must..:D

Damn dreams...lol

Robo:smoke:

It could be sooo cool if there were like 2 person buggies. This would be awesome to do in teams. You can drive it and ur mate can shoot from it. :yay::D:yay:

Most likely that was the Crysis teaser, crysis is another game.

Nope. It was the vid that Marco put up before the teasers. It showed a very quick glimpse of a grey tarmaced road with yellow lines down the middle.
If they do introduce vehicles they will probably cost as much as real life vehicles.
And they could have a McDonalds Drive-Thru so all the winners of the e-Mine armour can get jobs there. lol

[YOUTUBE]BYwcKQ6CVcQ[/YOUTUBE]

To all those saying there are no roads in EU teasers/trailers ...look at that and if you still don't see a road you will be shot :D

there is also this pic from their 2008 annual report.

so seems to me we will have proper roads and dirt roads in vu10

as for vehicles, don't know about them. It's a good point though by OP if we have roads logical conclusion is at some time we would have vehicles.

so seems to me we will have proper roads and dirt roads in vu10

as for vehicles, don't know about them. It's a good point though by OP if we have roads logical conclusion is at some time we would have vehicles.

Roads in VU10 might mean vehicles in VU11, but I wouldn't hold my breath....

We have had spaceship landing pads on top of malls for how long? ;)

Heres a thought at first we will be able to go to other planets via TP's. At a later update we will have spaceships.

Now when we have spaceships which we most likely will at some time we'll have vehicles. A spaceship is a vehicle :)
Now this same spaceship may well be able to travel along roads as well as space. However, if and when they have spaceships there is no reason not to have landbased vehicles. They are same as spaceship but different graphic and limited to zero height with regard to altitude.

The reason why MA could not implement vehicles earlier they had problems with having two or more avatars in a vehicle. So either they would have solved the technical problem or ditched the idea of more than one avatar in a vehicle.

I've wondered if the small inoperable "vehicles" that are sitting around at places like PA or Chug's are a hint at the future. They look like a 1 or 2 person flying or hovering transport.

Shotgun on teh warthog!!! :yay:

would be fun tho :p killing mobs with a car hurhur :p

I've wondered if the small inoperable "vehicles" that are sitting around at places like PA or Chug's are a hint at the future. They look like a 1 or 2 person flying or hovering transport.

They are. If I remember correctly Marco or Frank said that they where placed to get people used to the idea of vehicles. And that was manny manny years ago. I guess we are now used to it ;). As the comming of the vehicles look in the latest 2 chats with Marco ( I think) there he said they had also a problem with where would the vehicles be used for. And that, that was one of the reasons why there were no vehicles yet.

Hmm I feel a new competition comming:

Design something that would make vehicles be usefull ;)

Thats not very hard,

You can ofcourse make a storage in the vehicle, or setup a shop, hunt, mine, go to places where MF is disabled and only a bridge is there, do some racing so we can bet more, attacha TT terminal in it and go out hunting with soc or for event, use it as promo material..
with all that, i think racing is the most fun though.. we really dont need transportation that much

Thanks for all the replies guys :-D

And yeah it seemed strange having roads but no vehicles to accompany... hell, I'd even take a bicycle! Actually, I'd love one...

uh on...

Uh oh, VU 12... All the malls have been demolished to make room for used car lots.

And yeah it seemed strange having roads but no vehicles to accompany...

Its just to look at like all the other things that can't be use, fishing poles, holding my teddy bear :laugh:, buildings you can't actually go into, JUKEBOX, etc....................... :rolleyes:

It was a fair while ago, but I recall seeing teasers for the new CryEngine with roads involved?

Does this mean we can expect to see vehicles in the future? Or is it just decoration? (Hopefully not!)

well Marco said that space will open up, but I guess that might take a few years... and when it does, more spaceships will prolly be added :silly2:

Here is my idea...

First some (very) fast running mobs should be implanted, these mobs would run away from u when u come near them (I mean faster and bigger then gibnibs and such) ,so imagine u and your soc m8 in a jeep ,he is driving, you are standing at the back and shooting at a herd of mobs that are running awey . Running mobs are lifting too much dust and u can hardly see anything moving fast trough a rainforest. That looks a lot more like hunting then what are we doing now.

"Vehicles are already on the test server."
- Marco c. 2006

Here is my idea...

First some (very) fast running mobs should be implanted, these mobs would run away from u when u come near them (I mean faster and bigger then gibnibs and such) ,so imagine u and your soc m8 in a jeep ,he is driving, you are standing at the back and shooting at a herd of mobs that are running awey . Running mobs are lifting too much dust and u can hardly see anything moving fast trough a rainforest. That looks a lot more like hunting then what are we doing now.

Until you run into a tree, get throw 30 feet into the alligator infested pond. Your so badly injured that you have to spend 30 days (RL) in the Hadie Hospital (think I saw one there) :laugh:

[YOUTUBE]BYwcKQ6CVcQ[/YOUTUBE]

To all those saying there are no roads in EU teasers/trailers ...look at that and if you still don't see a road you will be shot :D

there is also this pic from their 2008 annual report.

OMG

how did I miss this video before?

o_O

I want to play that right now. NOW! * stomp foot *

tell me about it lol.
I think it was the one video that actually excited me the most... so much detail! :-O

Vehicles would be so much fun :D
Only available to those with loads of money though ;)

Although I can imagine when everyone gets them, we all become fat because we don't run ;)

That's why they make us run, because we'd get REALLY fat if we didn't!!!

That's why they make us run, because we'd get REALLY fat if we didn't!!!

yeah, and all avatars will have beer bellys when the shipments arrive! :eek:

well Marco said that space will open up, but I guess that might take a few years... and when it does, more spaceships will prolly be added :silly2:

SPACE .... the finaly frontier ...

These are the men of the starship Entroprise

Their Mission is to exploit new worlds and server borders...

Discover new skilisations

To boldly spend where none has ever spend before...

dahh dahhh dahh dahhh dahhh

Here is my idea...

this is cool and the hunting would be totally not the same thing :p your idea is just making me think of one thing > the scene in jurassic park where they are driving cars and chasing a hord of dinosaurs LOL

Back