Very annoying sweat collector on Rock Tropia / Creatur Hater

Bill TheGalactic Hero
Hello, I am on the planet Rock Tropia and have started the mission: Hating on Haters a while ago. I am aware that apart from the quest zone there are other places where you can hunt this mob.
However, I would like to complete this quest as it is intended and with a certain amount of speed. However, this is no longer possible at all. There are 6 to 7 mobs and they are blocked by sweat collectors every day.

If you kill these mobs, the player will accuse you of interfering with their gameplay and of being their mob. It takes 35 to 40 minutes to empty a mob of sweat. Some take 3 or 4 mobs and block them and hide with them. It can't be the purpose of a game that someone who wants to spend money and play, has a harder time and can't even complete his quest at the quest location. I don't have a solution, but I don't think that's right. It can't be that a group of players block a mob and don't want to understand that others want to hunt them.

I am aware that there are other places where this mob is mixed with other mobs. But I don't see why I should leave the quest area and hunt somewhere else. Why aren't certain areas closed to these sweat collectors? I like playing Entropai Universe, but something like this is annoying and distracting. Sometimes I have the feeling that nothing here matters. There must be a way to make it acceptable for both groups.

Thank you for your attention..

Sweat-3

Sweat-2

Sweat-1

The problem is the blocking the mobs, the hide the mobs and if the mob dont die you have no respawn. I have kill one or two, some of them are afk. But some are not afk and says the write a support case and i interfering with their gameplay and its their mob etc. But is it the mob from somebody else if he or she ist just collecting sweat?

It can't be the solution to have bad feelings and upset everyone while playing your favorite game.

The community is already very small.

Well it's pretty simple really, either you go hunt the mix spawn or you kill the mobs they sweat and a couple of sweaters won't like you.. I strongly doubt any officials will punish you for doing missions in a mission zone as you say, however I've never spent time on RT so no idea.

I am aware that apart from the quest zone there are other places where you can hunt this mob. However, I would like to complete this quest as it is intended and with a certain amount of speed...I am aware that there are other places where this mob is mixed with other mobs. But I don't see why I should leave the quest area and hunt somewhere else. Why aren't certain areas closed to these sweat collectors?
Have the developers actually announced that they intend for players to hunt these mobs only in certain areas? Entropia has been suffering catastrophic levels of developer intent over-expression in recent years arising from long-standing corporate incentive misalignments, to the extent of endangering the fundamental value proposition of the platform. We should be extremely wary of any language which may even further close in the walls if it's possible that we're seeing ghosts where there are none.

Even if the answer is "no," you may perfectly-reasonably have a personal preference for hunting a certain mob in a certain area. Of course, it would be prudent for you to take your entire information set into account in forming your preference, including knowledge of spawn densities and other players' behavioral trends. These factors may or may not outweigh the preference you would otherwise have for hunting in certain spots.

In my interpretation, whether or not you are interfering with another Entropian's gameplay depends on contextual factors as well as your intentions. One is certainly not allowed to behave in a certain way for the purpose of interfering with another Entropian's gameplay; that's the easy case to classify, and it doesn't seem to be your motive. My assessment would be that you should probably not kill a mob while another Entropian is sweating it, but if they are hiding multiple mobs, you should feel free to kill any of the mobs which they are not currently sweating.

In an area with greater spawn density, it might be reasonable to treat a few mobs a player is hiding as simultaneously "theirs." It's just a courtesy in circumstances where you have plenty of other mobs to kill and no specific reason to attack mobs near them, but that criteria doesn't apply here. Just imagine you're at a library and sit at a table with someone studying. If they ask you to sit at another table so they can concentrate better, and you don't care which table you're at, then why not just move to make them happy? But if that table is the only one with good lighting and that's important to you, then just explain why you need to be at that table and do the best you otherwise can to not disturb them. The table has multiple seats and you have a right to be there too. There may also be some niche circumstances in Entropia in which you have a good reason to decline such a request, but sharing that reason would put you at a strategic disadvantage. You might just have to accept that they could possibly get upset in that case, but you should at least be able to clarify your reason to MindArk in the unlikely event they actually do make a sufficiently coherent and plausible report to warrant an investigation.

One minor point I will side with the sweater on is the implication that your want to "spend money and play" is relevant. The sweater is playing Entropia just as much as the hunter; there is not some first-class/second-class citizen dynamic in which hunters are bestowed intrinsically higher priority than sweaters. We are all just Entropians.

Hating on Haters Vol V

Kill Haters
Killed 1242 of 10,000 Haters

All from swunting
Not everyone plays the same

I ran into somebody that was hunting Haters a couple of days ago and he said that the Haters in the corner area respawn quicker than those further up the street closer to the vixens. He requested that we take the Haters from the slower spawning area and leave that corner area to him. That seemed fair enough to me and seems to be a bit of a precedent as I have seen others do it too.

Have the developers actually announced that they intend for players to hunt these mobs only in certain areas?

- Sure, you will be get a point on the Map where the quest mob is and where you can hunt it down. In most cases, the mob also counts in this area only when it is killed. In other cases it also counts if you hunt it somewehre else...
Of course, it would be prudent for you to take your entire information set into account in forming your preference, including knowledge of spawn densities and other players' behavioral trends. These factors may or may not outweigh the preference you would otherwise have for hunting in certain spots.

- I think one of the problems is also the amount of mobs that are created, I agree with you. If there were more, the problem would probably be solved.

In my interpretation, whether or not you are interfering with another Entropian's gameplay depends on contextual factors as well as your intentions. One is certainly not allowed to behave in a certain way for the purpose of interfering with another Entropian's gameplay; that's the easy case to classify, and it doesn't seem to be your motive. My assessment would be that you should probably not kill a mob while another Entropian is sweating it, but if they are hiding multiple mobs, you should feel free to kill any of the mobs which they are not currently sweating.
- Okay, I agree with you. I want to relax while playing and not argue with others about mobs. I think in future I'll have to look for those players who are hiding with several mobs and do as you say.
One minor point I will side with the sweater on is the implication that your want to "spend money and play" is relevant. The sweater is playing Entropia just as much as the hunter; there is not some first-class/second-class citizen dynamic in which hunters are bestowed intrinsically higher priority than sweaters. We are all just Entropians.
-

Don't the players who spend money finance the game of the others and the maintenance of the servers, payment and wages of the employees etc.?

I can understand if someone collects sweat for a recipe or for a quest.
But if someone is only in the game to collect sweat all the time and never really contributes anything, is too stingy to deposit anything, it's even a disadvantage for the game.

I ran into somebody that was hunting Haters a couple of days ago and he said that the Haters in the corner area respawn quicker than those further up the street closer to the vixens. He requested that we take the Haters from the slower spawning area and leave that corner area to him. That seemed fair enough to me and seems to be a bit of a precedent as I have seen others do it too.
- That's exactly where I hunt or would like to hunt. And that's exactly where the mobs are, there are just 6 of them. If you have 6 people there who have saved a mob, then you can't hunt.

Hating on Haters Vol V

Kill Haters

All from swunting
-
Waiting 40 minutes to kill a mob doesn't seem liberating to me personally. I realize that we don't all have to play the same way, but blocking 1 or more mobs for so long is just not right. Especially not in an area with a mob that is not highly populated.

If we are honest, you are only interested in collecting afk sweat in this area and not in playing in a normal and regular way. However, this prevents you from playing for others who don't want to be afk and want to hunt. This is my personal view of things...

Hating on Haters Vol V

Kill Haters

All from swunting

Not everyone plays the same but i feel like a guy that is not doing anything in game should not have priority over players that are trying to progress. Take same example on Calypso if someone wants to do the turp codex he is not allowed because noobs will spawn vehicles on them.

Last edited:
The problem is the blocking the mobs, the hide the mobs and if the mob dont die you have no respawn. I have kill one or two, some of them are afk. But some are not afk and says the write a support case and i interfering with their gameplay and its their mob etc. But is it the mob from somebody else if he or she ist just collecting sweat?

It can't be the solution to have bad feelings and upset everyone while playing your favorite game.

The community is already very small.
they are also interfering with your gameplay, they have no leg to stand on.. shoot away and dont worry about the petty reports.
worst case throw there argument back in there face say your gonna report them for the same thing 😂

Don't the players who spend money finance the game of the others and the maintenance of the servers, payment and wages of the employees etc.?

I can understand if someone collects sweat for a recipe or for a quest.
But if someone is only in the game to collect sweat all the time and never really contributes anything, is too stingy to deposit anything, it's even a disadvantage for the game.
I think this style of accounting misses far too many of the indirect causal effects which thread the Entropian ecosystem to be of much use. Of course, in an ex post sense, MindArk would prefer to have attracted only the subset of its actual playerbase which would have resulted in the highest overall profit, but that subset is unlikely to be obtained by simplistically removing all of the individual non-paying customers from history. It would be like the butterfly effect trope of trying to erase one undesired event from the past and accidentally reshuffling thousands of others.

Word of mouth effects, forum posts, Twitch streams, player-initiated events, Sweat circle conversations, and scores of other everyday causal interactions between Entropians warrant claims of contributor status for all (okay, we can dispute the ones who leave Entropia before making it out of the movement tutorial). Cases of Entropians profiting or playing for free also contribute by inspiring/reinforcing the essential Entropian mentality of the individual enjoying radical magnitudes of control over the outcomes which constitute her user experience. Cycling, or depositing, or depositing net of withdrawals (whichever accounting metric you prefer) is just the most salient and direct effect at the end of a long and interwoven network of causes all contributing to MindArk's bottom line. The total profit MindArk enjoys is not an additive function of their profit from each individual player and/or from each individual game system evaluated in isolation.

They can say you are interfering with their gameplay because you kill their sweat mob.
You can say they are interfering with your gameplay by hijacking a perfectly good spawn.

So kill away my friend, they have plenty other mobs to swunt but it seems you have no other choice for a half-decent non-mixed spawn. The only ones at fault are the rocktropia devs (if there's any left) for not having a better spawn.

Disable local chat, do not engage them at all, put some music on, relax, eat a burrito I don't know. This is supposed to be fun.

Good luck !

Mate kill the mobs. Send these lot packing for the hills. Shoot and don’t stop.

They can sweat you can shoot. Team work you all get in on the action.

Problem solved.

We are sweating you cant shoot. I am shooting you can’t sweat…..no let’s do this together.

Eventually they will find a quieter spot or move on. just keep at it.

Ahhhh brings back memories at neas. Ambu traaaaaiiinnnssss on swunters. Choo choooo. While the rest stood on the hills watching the havoc unfold.

You are being nice.

Regards
Tees

Last edited:
MindArk does this for a business.

If you like it or not:
This game is free to play, but pay to win.

If you pay, you win the argument against a sweater who doesn't pay.

The righteous have spoken.

I'm not gonna tell you what you should do, but I will tell you what I did.

I either found haters they weren't sweating, or I sweated with them and then killed it when it was dry.

But, I was not in a hurry.

IMO, it's not a question of whether I'd get in trouble. For me it was reputational. I wanted to have a positive reputation. That mindset will tend to influence you to behave in a certain way. Yes most of these people will never know me. But if I'm in this game for the long haul, it is something that I can build up.

Back