very new, very lost

Macks

Hatchling
Hi folks! I am just getting started with entropia and learned the basics ( sweating etc), and since im kinda impatient sometimes I decided to deposit a few dollars to get geared up and start killing baddies! So there I am with close to 100 PEDs but have no clue on what to get etc. I have read a big part of Alice's guide but still unsure on where to get those pieces of armor etc. If anybody could tell me exactly where to go, what to get and at what price etc, I just wanna be able to kill monsters without dieing! thanks!

welcome! ef is a great resource for a new player. i'm sure you'll find all the support and help you'll need.

Our shop located in Port Atlantis Mall, Level 1 shop 10 stock a great amount of armour for the beginners with good prices too... as for the guns you'd be better off starting with something from the Trade Terminal (aka TT) or going for a cheap gun in auction...

The rest you can spend on ammo :)

Good luck!

I'd say the first thing you should do is to go and find an auction. These are regularly found in the mobile service centres found in most cities.

Have a look at the various sections of the auction (Armour, Weapons, etc) to get a feel for what items are worth. Be very careful before parting with any peds.

I know you said you are impatient by nature but it is essential that you take your time before deciding to buy anything, especially in this environment that'll be strange to you.

Good luck.

I know its pretty crappy sweating, but the thing I tell all the new guys:

Sweat until u reach 200 SG... if u live trough that... u are ready to play EU. And since u can gain about 10K sweat and some good skills for ya, it is a really good start. Painful... but u will realize later that it isnt that painful as you think :)

But if you really just need to start pouring that ammo into those mobs...
Get a pixie armor(maybe goblin) dont pay more than +6 for a set(even thats a little too high)
Get an opalo from the trade terminal(TT), and then just ammo(medium weapon cells for opalo). Maybe buy a Vivo T1 and thats all u really need. U can get most of the useful stuff at TT. But buy the armor from someone selling in PA.

Also find a reasonable person that could guide u on your way ;)

Specifically I would not buy any armor at all to start, buy the TT weapon of your choice, a Vivo-T1, and go to billys/phoenix to sweat + hunt snables and sabakuma. The young-mature ones won't kill you even if you run around at half health sweating things till they attack you. If you fall well below half just use the Vivo to get you back above it. After you do that for a while and get the hang of it THEN you can get pixie and/or goblin which you should be able to get most pieces for no more than TT+0.5 in the auction or from street sellers.

sweating is a good way to start as the defensive skills you gain will help you more than the sweat you collect, as far as hunting goes you dont need any armor just a weapon and some ammo to start. weapons and ammo for newbs like us is found at the tt for the most part. good luck.

saint

A great place to go to help pick weapons, armor and the like that are within your budget is:

www.entropiawiki.com

Lovely tables lay out all the data you need, as well as what you can expect to pay on the virtual streets of calypso!

Welcome aboard!

AG

Hey tyvm everyone for all the answer it helped me alot. Although I hate sweating I think I will give it another shot since everyone thinks its a good way to go. I need the skills anyway, ;) oh and just one thing what is a vivo?

oh and just one thing what is a vivo?

Vivo is the first aid kit you can buy from the trade terminal. You can use it to heal yourself from a mob's attack.

Vivo is a healing tool, you use it to get health back when you have been hurt.

Hey tyvm everyone for all the answer it helped me alot. Although I hate sweating I think I will give it another shot since everyone thinks its a good way to go. I need the skills anyway, ;) oh and just one thing what is a vivo?

Vivo is an ingame "brand" - they "make" healing tool kits. You can find the lowest model in the Trade Terminal/TT. Entropedia, mentioned earlier, has all the models listed here (link). :)

TT equipment.
Pixie armor, if u like armor.

A ranged weapon essential as most of the initial mobs u will be killing start to run away on low health.

vivo is the medkit you buy from TT

gl

Sweat hunt ..that's best of both worlds and maxes skills and economy.

Sweat the mob...then kill and loot it.
Come home with sweating skills,some mindforce skills, evade skills and sweat on top of what you would just shooting mobs. Evade is like armour you never repair or pay for...makes mobs hit less often, nice to have.

An Opalo is a nice starter weapon, and will stay with you for finishing (maybe with a a101 amp to boost it's power) for a long time.

Argus and the Atlas Island TPs are all nice ones to have early on. Full of lower level mobs in good numbers.

Find a map of the TPs and revivals zones. That's a big help and some great ones can be found here :-
JaxMap

Getting all the TPs alone is one big adventure :D

Have fun, and be lucky.

t

ok I get it now, thx again to everyone, the community looks very friendly and helpful so far :) and I have started to sweat em and then kill / loot it works good so far, but what are the weapon upgrades? I have the beginner rifle from the TT but are the upgrades for it on the TT as well? thx!

No from tt on you have to find either a shop, a trader or auction.

In all 3 options it is a VERY good idea to use Entropedia: Main to check if you are skilled enough to use the hear, but also to check the market markup on the item you want.

Some are asking way more than the item is worth - so use it carefully to avoid wrong buys. Well I think we all did that in the beginning... Its part of human nature to learn from our mistakes and if we didnt do that there wouldnt be resellers :laugh:

ok thx heh looks like Entropedia is the place to check out ;) one more thing what should I do with my loots sell em to TT? Not talking about the sweat here of course

It all depend on what you loot and how much of it you loot...

Always loot at the markup on an item before putting it to the tt.

If it has a high markup it might be worth saving. Most items with a markup is suitable for auction. Its all about the ammount you put in.

On auction you can decide the price (within reason ofc) and get a markup that fits the item you are selling.

But I normally tt most stuff besides extractors, tailoring material and so on. All oils normally go to ttt.

Welcome !!
As everyone said .. visit the tt for weapon (opalo), for ammo, and your healing kit . (Vivo T1)

Most of the oils that you will loot, are going to only be at best 105%.
So, if you need the oils tt value for ammo, don't be scared to offer in all chat that you are selling some muscle / eye / thyroid etc. oil.
Honestly, even when I have 500 ped of oil .. I usually end up selling it to the trade terminal, as I can't be asked to wait for my 3% profit on auction.

Saving it up to sell as bulk is nice, but in the beginning I know how important those 8 ped are, so don't be afraid to tt it if necessary.
(But ALWAYS ALWAYS check markup of an item on the auction graph, and double check the list of items you're tt'ing to be sure you're not tt'ing something you need.)

As for armor .. Pixie and Goblin.
Which I have loads of .. so if you haven't bought any yet, maybe we can meet up and I'll give ya what I got.

Either way .. Good luck on your journey in Entropia !
Say hi if you see me !!
(and go to my website in my siggie *shameless plug off*)

Good Luck

Some good advice here, Good Luck :) may the force be with you:yay:

People never mention it, but I think it's essential to becoming a better player (especially hunting). Be sure to setup COMFORTABLE KEY MAPS!

To simplify, each Function key (F1 - F12) brings up a different "action set". My default main one is for hunting (F1).

Click on one of your Function keys, find out how to bring up the key editor, then click the Keyboard Map. You can now bring up your inventory and drag weapons/tools/etc. to comfortable keys on your keyboard. You can also drag any of those little icons in the Action Library onto your desktop and they'll anchor there, for that specific Function key set.

You can have 3 different weapons, a medkit, the map, your inventory, etc. all mapped to quick-keys, making you a much more effective hunter. You *don't* want to be hunting around in the various pages of the Action Library to get the action you want.

I spent my first 3 months doing nothing but sweating. 2-3 hours a day.

Ok, Sweating an dying.

I think the free boost to very important skills gained by spending a fair bit of time gaining skills at no cost by sweating is worth the (boredom) effort.

Then, after a false start or two, (with a Jester, and some Settler armour(tissue paper)) I moved on to an Opalo. I Looted some Pixie. Then I upgraded to Goblin, also looted.

It's worth noting that mobs like Molisk/Snablesnot/Bercycled/Sabacuma young that will kill you PDQ when your one month old will pose very little threat at all after a learning period of only 6 months, if that 6 months is spend wisely. By wisely I mean letting them kill you over and over again.
You Avi will learn from your (its) mistakes, and dying is a BIG mistake....

EU is i thing hard to get into, and well worth the effort. If it was easy, why bother?

ty all for the fast answers! Danielle I didnt buy my armors yet so I am interested indeed, my name in the game is Max Feo Rome, I am currently sweating in swamp camp, for probably the next 3 hours lol!

In case you don't know:
When you are looking at an item in auction or in your inventory, you can right-click it and see market value for today, and past values too.
Always check market value before you buy or sell, it may save you some grief.

oh and I forgot, about the markup thing, from what I understand if it's let's say uhh, 106.9%, that means it is valued at 106.9% of the value in TT correct? If so, I could TT the 102% ish items without any fear? and if they are lets say 120%, am I supposed to auction it? or store it? thx

oh and I forgot, about the markup thing, from what I understand if it's let's say uhh, 106.9%, that means it is valued at 106.9% of the value in TT correct? If so, I could TT the 102% ish items without any fear? and if they are lets say 120%, am I supposed to auction it? or store it? thx

Correct.
If you have say .. 100 ped TT value of animal Eye oil and the auction average markup is 102% .. if you DO tt it, you're only losing a possible 2 ped profit.

I generally save it all and TRY to sell it .. but I've been guilty of tt'ing my storage clear of anything less than 115% markup.

It's really up to you and how you want to play it.
I know some friends who could burn me at the stake for tt'ing anything .. but sometimes I need to :dunno:

-sorry .. I babble. Yes, the markup would be 106.9% of tt value of the item ;)

Like DanielleYourMom says, it's up to you how you want to play... a lot of players have stuff in the Orders section of the Auctions and it shows what % they are willing to pay... if you place an auction with a buyout % equal to or smaller than what they are wiling to pay then it will sell immediately (provided of course you also put in the same or less qty than they've ordered)

The other markups are TT+ value... so it's the TT value plus the markup...

Beware also that there is a lot of market manipulation going around where people are placing items in auction for extortionate prices in an effort to fool the users... you'll begin to learn what's worth what in time... I guess i'm trying to say that you shouldn't always trust the market value history... any sudden spikes in prices are usually a) people playing with the prices or b) something related to that item is about to happen (but this isn't often, usually before/during a new version update)

Depending on how much you manage to gather it might be wiser to sell it for a bit lower on the streets. It costs 50pec+5% of the added price to auction an item. So for small amounts street selling is the way to go.

Always check the streets for any markup, start to think about the TT first when you are broke ;)

ty all for the fast answers! Danielle I didnt buy my armors yet so I am interested indeed, my name in the game is Max Feo Rome, I am currently sweating in swamp camp, for probably the next 3 hours lol!

Ohhh !
I missed that !!
I'm on my way !!

:yay:

Hello Macks.

Here is some light reading for you;

Guide - Entropia Universe Directory
Great set of starter guides.

Don't forget all the guides on this site too, invaluable resource

JaxMap
Detailed PDF Maps by Jax

Alice's all in one getting started guide in PDF format
http://alice.apache-root-server.de/downloads/Entropia_Guide.pdf

Also here is a read of another thread of new participant recently helped out with a lot of useful info in it ...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/n00bs-corner/95311-my-first-time-entropia.html

In terms of Armor, as your starting set I would highly recommend a Pixie Armor set. It would set you back ~ 20 ped,

Weapons, have a read of the weapons guide (Skill increase bonus) on entropia directory by Solaris to get a basic understand of the weapons range (Updated tables can be found on EF).

The TT weapons are your best bet as far starting out in any area of expertise (They are all Sibs based starter items btw). Make sure you use Entropedia to give you a breakdown of what prices you will be up for in the future when progressing your selected area of Expertise.

Good luck mate and welcome to EU,
May Lootus Shine upon you.

~ Sparkz

PS. You will also want to have a read of https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mentors-disciples/32467-mentorship-offer-but-mainly-thanking.html before picking up a mentor, it brings about some good points in what to consider before taking anyone onboard to be your mentor.

Last edited:
Back