VIrtual estate market !

DRAGUNOV44

Dominant
Hello

I recently came back to the game and i was wondering what is actually going on with the property market as there are litteraly no deeds for sale?

You can say well players invested and bought everything but there are lots of estates arround with terminals saying owner is MA acquisitons -on New Treasure island and there are others in places like sakura city where the whole place is deserted and and the terminals are disabled provide no information whatsoever.

Is anyone speculating with the property value is MA planing to update those areas ??
This is also happening on other planets sych as cyrene !

Who knows what MA are planning with them. One day we will likely get one or two on the global auction or as a prize in an event. But I wouldn't expect them to unload them all too quickly as to protect the value of existing shops.
If you are looking to purchase one, just be patient, they come up for sale occasionally. Alternatively you can rent them from other players.

Welcome back :wave:

You can frequently see estate deeds for sale in Auctioneer Calypso and on this PlanetCalypsoForum.
Some places look like deserts indeed, but you can be surprised how active some owners are, just using estate as Storage, Makeups Making, Body Transformations, Hair cut etc... regarding the deeds owned by MA acquisitions, I don't know..

GL :clap:

Sadly Mindark made it so you must 'claim' a place before it shows you are the avatar owning it at the estate terminal, so at the moment it is unknown how many Mindark owned properties are actually owned by Mindark or how many are owned by speculators. There was a time a long time ago around 2008 or so when there were hundreds of apartments and shops all on the auction at the same time.... Literally 50 or more pages of auction, mostly priced at 300 [ed or so start bid... However, I suspect some speculator group came in and grabbed a bunch of them and then Mindark was like, no more, and they quit listing them.... Still sad that entire top floor of Emerald Lakes is owned by original owners and they are impossible to contact, several foma spots are still owned by original owner and he's impossible to contact, and there was a promise to release more estates many, many years ago around Sakura, etc. but then Mindark did its thing and created new cash grab stuff like Medusa Head instead.

Contact support about anything estate related and they are quite on it since they don't seem to know either. (actually they'll sometimes give wrong info since they don't know - for instance shops on Foma cannot be upgraded by another 20 item points even though the upgrade site seems to make it sound like all estates can be)

It also doesn't help that all apartments, booths, and shops are in same market history, so markup levels are really unknown for anything except apartments for the most part... Some locations do warrant higher values than others, but some well...

Lets just say if you go by how many item points there are per ped you pay in markup there's a lot of opportunities that are not on Calypso that can be nice, assuming you can find some foot traffic there.

Last edited:
So many empty apartments and caly and foma and MA won't put any for sale. I was actually looking to get a cheap one just to cross the milestone of becoming an estate owner, foma ones used to sell for a few hundred PED afaik, but you can't find it at that price anymore for some reason.

I think it would be fair to call it a mess right now.

The actual plot settlements on Caly have seen various cosmetic changes in some vus and now have a central tp and insta-tps dotted around this to various areas just outside, but only a few of the plots have the player-built snug on them.

I have noticed that at some point the stable on NI was visually upgraded and now says it is also sales enabled, so the owner should in theory be able to sell stuff, just as shops can.
There is also an area of NI with newish buildings for more shops as well, in addition to the caravans, booths and shops already on NI. I haven't event visted that tp since the relevant vu, however, so don't even know if those shops were sold.

If graphics changed to depict turnovers, I think almost all areas on all planets would be in the most run-down visual state ...

Last edited:
So many empty apartments and caly and foma and MA won't put any for sale. I was actually looking to get a cheap one just to cross the milestone of becoming an estate owner, foma ones used to sell for a few hundred PED afaik, but you can't find it at that price anymore for some reason.
when they moved Foma and CP closer to the space station and out of lootable it increased value of the estates on the space rocks substantially.

Back