Help: Voice chat options greyed out

conners1010

Alpha
Society
The Decay Squad
Conners
Hi all I know a couple of others at least are having this problem. When I go to the voice chat options ingame both tick boxes at the bottom are greyed out
Is there anything i can do to make these options available?

I'm not behind a router and running windows 7 64 bit.
Anyone with the same issues, still unresolved, running the same setup?
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Conners

Tried checking if there is another input/outpout device on the drop down list?

Tried checking if there is another input/outpout device on the drop down list?

There is but they are not where my headphones are plugged in. (just tried changing and that didnt work)
Also thought id add I'm trying to use the free basic voice package. Want to try the proximity voice thing :D

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have got all ports blocked for voice chat, mine are greyed out too (I am doing it on purpose).

Maybe check if your router prevents those ports. Somewhere is a post about what ports to have open.

I have got all ports blocked for voice chat, mine are greyed out too (I am doing it on purpose).

Maybe check if your router prevents those ports. Somewhere is a post about what ports to have open.

I'm not using a router :S

I'm not using a router :S

windows firewall then? or anything that might block it?

might also look if the program eigcc_main.exe is running in yer taskmanager -> if not *shrug* + sorry out of ideas then.

eigcc_main.exe is the voice chat program that runs next to the client.

windows firewall then? or anything that might block it?

might also look if the program eigcc_main.exe is running in yer taskmanager -> if not *shrug* + sorry out of ideas then.

eigcc_main.exe is the voice chat program that runs next to the client.

thanks for the suggestions. im going to recheck what ports need to be open and see what my firewall does (thought id sorted them last night) wish me luck :D

this is how my voice chat confguration menu looks like:

hey that looks like it could be my setting, or in other words i got the same :scratch2:
realy dont know what else to do and support isnt responding, done firewall settings opened ports. checked hardware functioning and all just checks out fine.

Last edited:
Strange indeed lol. you 2 win :D

Is there any chance you could let us know what firewall setting you did please John.
inbound or outbound? and tcp or udp ports?? (not to good with the port thing)
cheers

i followed dandys settings
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2612722

Recently a friend with voice chat tried to talk to me.
But I could not hear him.

I had port 35060 and ip address 192.121.4.4 opened.
That port and address was initiated from my PC.

I have looked in my router logs, and I kept having port 27640 and ip address 192.121.4.4 tried to access my router ip address.

I allowed that port and ip address to go thru.

So to make voice chat to work for your routers:

192.121.4.4 and 129.192.113.69 ... port 443/35060 (voice chat Ericsson) out going
(129.192.113.69 is new for Proximity Voice Chat)
192.121.4.5 ... port 35600 - 60000 (from 35600 and upward will be used, in ths example I limit it up to 60000) out going

Note: you can allow any ports and just allow ips for your adsl firewall to make it easier.

dandy

also on the entropia support confirmes the ports mentioned https://support.planetcalypso.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15086

edit. this one is more direct https://support.planetcalypso.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15086

Last edited:
I have same option (or lack of options) as u Gus... :yay::yay:

hopefully we will all be sorted with this update LOL.
If not though I'll start messing with the firewall :)

Mine was greyed out because I deliberately blocked the Voice Chat program with my software firewall initially.

After others had tested it out in-game and on the forum ;) , I unblocked it which then allowed it to run. I hung around Twin Peaks to check out the proximity chat function. It's a cool thing, and allows anyone with a microphone to be a DJ.

I'm currently running it on XP though, so if you dont have a 3rd party firewall running, I dont have a solution. Perhaps support could assist?

Someone suggested I fix mine like this and it worked...

Turn VC off - OK it
Turn in game volume down to zero - OK it
Turn in game volume to max - OK it
Turn VC on - OK it
Wait 10 seconds

For me this caused the white speaker icon to come back... as for why? dunno, go figure..

Wistrel

It's interesting that there's now a separate process running (attempt to stay in compliance with the LGPL?).

Assuming that process is the one responsible for local chat (*), is that process completely in synch with the client - i.e. does it use the exact same code path to select input/output device as the Entropia Client executable uses and displays in the UI, and interactively controlled by the client to make updates (to what device(s) to use) accordingly?

Chances are (or to paraphrase the original Wargames: Confidence is high) that's not the case.

(*) Without MA telling us this, we can only guess.

I filed a support case about this and they told me to run a dxdiag and send them all the info.Now they're working on it.
Hopefully it's gonna be solved during the week.I don't think I'm gonna use this feature a lot but, hell I'm very curious to see how it works.It's one of those things that could boost in-game experience to a very positive degree.

want to share the ericson part of the thing found here http://www.ericsson.com/tl/ourportf...ame-communication?nav=fgb_101_214|fgb_101_432

and their documentation here http://archive.ericsson.net/service...ocNo=1/28701-FGC1011257&Lang=EN&HighestFree=Y

(btw still havent got it working and support confirmed the issue and is investigating it (yes i know its cut n paste answer from support but atleast someone cut n paste it :D )

This is intresting:
"To further improve the user experience, the
service takes a set of acoustic parameters into account,
such as room properties. The resulting 3D high-definition
rendering adds an unmatched audio realism to the gaming
experience."

This is more intresting:

Android application
To enable break-ins and break-outs, EIGC provides an
Android application allowing communication between
a person playing the game and a person not actively
playing the game. Through this mechanism, a person
playing the game can call a friend logged-in to the game
from his Android phone, by simply clicking on his name
in the game’s friends list. Similarly, using the Android application,
a person can use his mobile phone to contact
friends playing the game. The only identity information
needed for this type of communication is the game identities.
The Android application requires only a minimum amount
of integration by the online game provider, as it comes
with its own user interface. Online game providers can
choose to have their own brand on the Android application.
The Android application offers the following services for
communication with a person logged-in to a game or
another person using the application:
• Chat (voice and text).
• Synchronization of friend lists with the game server.
• Image transfer, such as sending/receiving screen
shots.

Had this problem too... dunno what fixed it, but make sure you have allowed traffic for the Erickson program through firewall and that your mic is on and working

Had this from the VU too, not as bad as the screenie posted on here, I can see my input and output equipment listed ok, just choosing to activate any of it in that screen or the plan (free or premium) choice screen does nothing, choices all greyed out. I thought at first my firewall/av product was blocking it, but I tried once with it off and no change. I also got a message from my firewall the other day that the program wanted to connect to the internet, and I approved it, but still nothing. I have not yet actually seen that program running in the task manager, though it is clearly installed and has it's own folder inside the bin folder for EU (and was running at least that once).

Seems pretty clear the program is not working as it should, did repair, no result. I'm not fecking with my firewall or port settings, have them all set up fine and it will ask me to approve or dissapprove of anything pretty much, that program just isn't trying :laugh: Won't bother doing support case either now, seems plenty can't get it to work, so they will fix it eventually or not I guess.

I can see my input and output equipment listed ok, choices all greyed out.

Same as mine that is. I've also tried repair, which didnt work, and tried messing with some ports settings.
As you said I have yet to see the program run on the task manager. When i try to open the program manually i get this (dont know what mem null is all about):-

I have sent a support case this is the reply they sent

On 2011-05-19 16:56:22 SUPPORT replied:
Hi,

Thank you for reporting.

We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating it.

In the mean time I can give you some suggestions that you can try:

1. Create an exception in your firewall for the file "eigcc_main.exe". Alternatively modify the entry "Voice Chat" to always allow the connection.

2. If option one did not work we kindly ask you to disable any security software (anti-virus, firewall etc.) temporarily while doing a repair of the Entropia Client. You can do this via the "Tools" button in the Client Loader.

We would greatly appreciate if you could let us know if any of these options worked for you. We also hope to have more information on this matter soon.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,
Andreas | Planet Calypso Support

I am extremely wary of stopping my antivirus and firewall as ive been bent over by viruses and stuff for two months this year already. I'm not going to stop my firewall so hopefully for me too they will fix it at their end.

I have a different issue. With my head set and mic plugged in, 30 day subscription paid for all settings say it's good to go, yet there is a red bar through my mic icon in the chat screen? Will send a support case tomorrow as it has been over a week with no chat!

I have a different issue. With my head set and mic plugged in, 30 day subscription paid for all settings say it's good to go, yet there is a red bar through my mic icon in the chat screen? Will send a support case tomorrow as it has been over a week with no chat!

have you set a button for push to talk?

I have the same issue, after going through the motions with them trying everything they ask and more, they just requested i send them a dx diag text file. So guess they could be getting somewhare?

... there is a red bar through my mic icon in the chat screen?

Hello, try clicking that Microphone icon to unmute it. Hope this helps ;-)

Hello, try clicking that Microphone icon to unmute it. Hope this helps ;-)

Yes, the mic and speaker icons near the chat window are toggle on and off mute buttons, the red bar means it is set to be muted.

Update on my issues, miraculously the voice chat fixed itself at least in part with no changes made on my side at all. Last night I looked and all the options work now, no more greyed out, so was able to tick proximity and push to talk on etc., and the chat area mute buttons are also live now. The other important part of this service however is still not working, the section where you choose the service level you want (free or paid) and click activate, still greyed out and not working. Clearly not an issue on my end or this half way cure would not have happened all by itself, glad now I didn't mess around with firewall or ports or whatever, suspect they will find a way to make it actually work for everyone at some point (the average user must be taken into account, and the average user does not know how to change port settings and advanced firewall settings, Erickson surely can guess that and make a program that works)

Back