VR/Oculus Quest 2 working with EU?

Jamhot

Elite
Pinky! Where are the plans for our return to Entro
Society
Freelancer
Jamhot 'Jamhot' Daddy'O'
Hi is anyone playing in VR? Specifically the Oculus Quest 2? If anyone is please hit me up and let me know how you're doing it. Can't wait to experience Entropia Universe in Virtual Reality especially my flat at Billton Towers!

All the best

Jamhot

Subscribing - I followed this a few years back when the oculus first game out. The setup to make it work seemed long and complex, plus the hardware was fully wired. I have tried a few games a couple of years ago using VR which was entertaining but I did not feel the technology was developed enough to allow hours of immersion in Entropia. Maybe things have move on now with wireless VR Units

Also subscribing. Have a Quest 2 that i'd love to try this on, I can already imagine the insane motion sickness but still.... :)

The VR icon came in: 2019?
  • A new VR action has been added to the Action Library, which launches Virtual Reality for Oculus Rift. (Note that this system is still experimental and not fully supported).

I would be interested in hearing this as well. Just got the Oculus and Ive been loving it so far. The wireless gaming isnt perfect but it keeps a steady connection most of the time in the games Ive done so far.

I did it a couple of years ago with first quest. I think wired... can't remember. It is cool to look around, but without any HUD you can't really play. A wrist display would solve most of that, I think. Screens on the back of tools and weapons could help as well.

Bare minimum you need,
HP
Ammo count

Ideally,
reload timers
radar
map
loot
chats
easy way to customize from inside VR
NPC interaction
etc.....
All in a way that is intuitive and not immersion breaking

5 star,
comfortable locomotion that doesn't cause motion sickness and works seamlessly with flat screen players. (cant have some players teleporting 10ft jumps while others are running smoothly, etc...)

I'm same as you narfi, I did it a few years back with the oculus Development Kit 2 using a program called VorpX but the result was awful like you say no UI or anything useful. Was kinda hoping Mindark had sorted this now with me seeing the VR icon in the action library. Hopefully someone is playing in VR and can let us all know how it's going!

Jamhot

Back