VTOL hunting exploit debate

OZtwo

Stalker
Society
Vikings Of Entropia
Kent OZtwo OpaloMan
JohnCapital said:
A rather vocal player got temp banned for VTOL hunting, plus MA has said so publicly on this forum. (can't bother searching references atm, but someone will.)

However, I'm curious to know what original thread started all this. Link please?

Interesting and good to know. I was about to ask how this could be done since you can't heal yourself..but I guess if you wait it out and let yourself heal then it would be a race between the mob and you to see who heals first. But still good to know.

Is it an exploit to use a vehicle to save yourself from dying? As I put, I done this many a time..not to kill the mob, but just to get away from it.

And please if there is no name calling, no need to lock a good thread like this.

You can use it to escape a mob, you can't use it to escape a mob temporarily to kill it from a distance then escape again and repeat.

vtol hunting = exploit.
all there is to it.
you can escape etc... but not use to shoot jump in shoot jump in etc.

I just thought of a simple solution. They can make it so that the VTOLs burn 4 PEDs of oil each time they take off, but once airborne, the burn rate is greatly reduced. That would eliminate the quick hopping.

I just thought of a simple solution. They can make it so that the VTOLs burn 4 PEDs of oil each time they take off, but once airborne, the burn rate is greatly reduced. That would eliminate the quick hopping.

This would royally suck, I pop out my vtol when I want to take a smoke break mid hunt or if a mob crit kills me so my fapper can sit in safety till I tp back.

Also 4ped extra fuel cost every time I get out of my vtol to drop a bomb when mining.... no thank you.

Best solution is maybe 30 second delay after you exit a vehicle where you cannot use a weapon, this I am sure would also suck once again in a pvp environment. At the end of the day there is no coding way to solve this admitted exploit except ban's from MA, not without severely destroying vehicles functionality.

VTOL Legit uses and why is should stay as it is....

Hi All,

I use it if my L-armour parts are near getting broken,
then I set VTOL out to escape, swap armour part broken on safe spot, fly back and
continu, better then waisting the last few ped's rutuba or spartacus protection in the tt!

If I get low on amo, and I always kill mobs till I have no amo left,
kill last one one with MF chip and jump VTOl.
(sometimes that last one is a nice global)

if I have to get to the bathroom, otherwise I should have to TP back, get hit when chip is loading and pee my pants :)

When I get phone in between or my Son is crying that his game stopped working etc...

When I decide to use my TP-CHIP, at the moment chip is loaded and TP target set, I pickup VTOl and hit the TP button.

So the few that use it to exploit hunting bigger mobs or whateva, every tool can mostly be used for the good or the bad.

My advice is to leave it alone, more important things that need attention urgent, then a few noobs that maybe if they win the lottery hit a nice armour part.

Sharp

LOL i would love to report you for using the v-tol exploit.
And when you get your account locked you would reply to support:

"Unlock my account. Leave it as it is. There is more important things to do...

:laugh:

You can always unequip your armor per hotkey and leave the ava. But I agree, rules for the sake of making people miserable ( like in case of the vtols ) are just sick.

I am more a member of the death-to-all-exploiters school of thought. After all, exploiting is the only way in this game to steal from other players. Sadly MA is way too lenient to exploiters. I hope that will change in the future, but I am not holding my breath. They even let Mary Jane keep the exploited loot. This does not increase the trust in this game.

:(

TBH, I think some people are just against flying vehicles. Next they'll be saying it's an exploit for your fapper to sit in a VTOL while you return from revive.

I am more a member of the death-to-all-exploiters school of thought. After all, exploiting is the only way in this game to steal from other players. Sadly MA is way too lenient to exploiters. I hope that will change in the future, but I am not holding my breath. They even let Mary Jane keep the exploited loot. This does not increase the trust in this game.

:(

how is vtol an exploit if it's a feature that was explained clearly in vu release when vtols first came out?

how is vtol an exploit if it's a feature that was explained clearly in vu release when vtols first came out?

Really? Show me the quote where it says "use this vehicle to avoid armor decay by entering it and remaining grounded so you lose aggro from the mob, allowing you to hunt way above your level" :rolleyes:

Really? Show me the quote where it says "use this vehicle to avoid armor decay by entering it and remaining grounded so you lose aggro from the mob, allowing you to hunt way above your level" :rolleyes:

It doesn't say that exactly... but it's a feature that was advertised...
As far as the 'exploit' part goes, both hunters AND miners are simply utilizing the feature of the vtols:

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/11.3.0
Creatures don't attack flying vehicles.

If Mindark really cared, they'd fix that and make it so that creatures DO attack vehicles. After all a vehicle is just a souped up version of armor, and they DO hit armor.

"don't attack flying vehicles" is a synonym for "avoid armor decay by entering"

I'd rather not get myself in this discussion again. If you still think that vtols have made armor and the professions evader and dodger as well as health points completely obsolete then I will let you be. I am sorry.

It doesn't say that exactly... but it's a feature that was advertised...

"don't attack flying vehicles" is a synonym for "avoid armor decay by entering"

... Since when?

It could also mean "escape when overwhelmed", "travel between two locations without the risk of being attacked", "scout locations without being attacked", "you won't be able to mob train with it" and many other things.

... Since when?

It could also mean "escape when overwhelmed", "travel between two locations without the risk of being attacked", "scout locations without being attacked", "you won't be able to mob train with it" and many other things.

or all of them, which btw does not disprove what was said before.

Ofc, if you make the right rules everything is an exploit, but what is the point of making players worse off?

Ofc, if you make the right rules everything is an exploit, but what is the point of making players worse off?

Worse off? If VTOL hunting was "legalized" and most people started doing it on larger mobs, then armor prices would drop, both for unl. and (L)... armor crafters would be worse off, people selling their loot to them would be worse off, traders and shop owners would be worse off...

Worse off? If VTOL hunting was "legalized" and most people started doing it on larger mobs, then armor prices would drop, both for unl. and (L)... armor crafters would be worse off, people selling their loot to them would be worse off, traders and shop owners would be worse off...

I predict the opposite... the "most people" would 1) die of boredom and 2) those who survived would kill mobs a lot slower, meaning loot prices would rise, as would oil prices.

People don't VTOL hunt because it's more convenient, they do it because they want to hunt a slow, powerful mob that is out of their reach. I don't think they do it for the loot either.

Last edited:
All below IMAO :laugh:

Vehicles was introduced in VU 11.2.0, VTOLs in VU 11.3.0
Releases dont contain any rules restricting avoiding aggro from mobs or attack from mobs if player enter to vehicle.
If players use it to avoiding mobs - it is not bad.
Dropped prices is not a result of vehicle introducing - is result of introducing of another planets and import-export operations.
But! Is an exploit to hunt Levi periodically stay at the bottom of the sea with agro loss... We ask MA support about it.

VTOL is not an exploit, its a feature. Otherwise it does not make sense to use

well i think it has t o be mob related to be honest
if mob is attacking a avatar then jumps in vtol mob goes instant invincible and has to attack avatar to get hit etc then set a 20minute timer on the mob to leave unless it hits something.
this would solve hunting exploit and keep mining able

Its not an exploit if it's been identified and has yet to be corrected. Use it, use it all you can. Don't get caught because if the house see's you're counting cards, they don't like the odds being turned in your favor!

if you come across a half dead prot and some1 flying away from it dropping down to seemingly attack it again then it's no wonder you'd think vtol exploit and if it's like Tom said his friend just died and he was getting away it's a simple misunderstanding

if he was finishing the mob off while his friend was dead using the vtol though I'd say exploit

as for KSing the mob I'd call that a fair reaction to the assumed situation

also just like to add.. Llama you died like a nib mauha :laugh:

just make it so that any vehicle, both flying and non-flying can be attacked by mobs and any avatar with a weapon at any time either inside or outside of pvp zones and that'd fix the problem pretty quickly. Add in a timer thing so that flying vehicles can't be spawned in the same LA or basic area more than once every 30 minutes and it'd fix it.

i thought of a simple solution too, you get 100 ped taken from your ped card every time you post a idea that is going to cost someone else money, but once posted, if you removed it this cost is greatly reduced, that would eliminate the quick posting of really dumb ideas by you.

i mean really, suggesting that other people have to pay more as a solution to some imaginary problem?
if MA has a problem with their design they should fix it, period, we dont need more equiping taxes.

just make it so that any vehicle, both flying and non-flying can be attacked by mobs and any avatar with a weapon at any time either inside or outside of pvp zones and that'd fix the problem pretty quickly. Add in a timer thing so that flying vehicles can't be spawned in the same LA or basic area more than once every 30 minutes and it'd fix it.

I like this idea so much I made you a picture ;)

Death rays shoot from this new moon, blowing up any vehicle thought to be being used to exploit.

If it gets it wrong, deal with it.

Anyone who exploits does not get a ban. They just lose all there gear and it is placed on the ground throughout EU for people to find, (including skills) .

4 ped to take off? 30 minutes to spawn a vehicle? ROFL

--mod's note--
There's no reason to have this same debate running on multiple threads, so merging them.
Also edited title for clarification.
--/mods note--

It would make it so much easier wouldn't it? It's almost like MA is feeding us debates or something?:scratch2:

Back