VU 10.0 Bug reports

Konve

Marauder
David Konve Williams
Please post bugs you've found, I don't see the point in making a new thread for each.

• Go swimming, get out of the water. You still get bubbles appearing around your screen until you relog.
  • You can't detach armor plates from armor that had them attached before the VU. The plates do not appear to be on the item, but the stats are changed. If you go to repair the item, the plates do not appear in the confirmation window. Thankfully (;)) you can't attach another new plate, however. Edit: The plate appears in your storage and can't be moved.

EDIT: Mindark|FPC's update, please read it:

There are a few issues in the new Version Update 10.0 that we are aware of and will fix as soon as possible:

• Settings you have made in the inworld Options window are not saved when exiting Entropia Universe and you might automatically get graphics quality settings that are too high for the system you are using. (If you have chosen Low or Medium graphics quality settings, redo the change every time you log in and your performance will be better.)
  • Air bubbles from swimming in water follow your avatar onto land.
  • Armor Platings attached to armor pieces in Storage are not visible or stuck.
  • You sometimes receive search windows from mining although you do not mine yourself.
  • There is a problem that sometimes causes a fatal crash (otherwise known as “Blue Screen of Death” or “BSOD”) on nVidia-based systems. This mostly effects newer graphics card driver versions. With older drivers, the client might still crash but not always with Blue Screens. We are working together with nVidia and CryTek to resolve the problem. ATI-based systems are not affected.
  • "Window Mode" can now be chosen in the Options window inworld. However, if you log in with full screen, you will not be able to switch over to window mode directly. A relog will resolve this.
http://cl.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/pages/2009/08/18/4137/index.xml

Here goes a quick summary of all the bugs reported thus far:

(Some things have been left out, because they seemed like one-time encounters. In any such case, and indeed almost any other bug, a relog should fix the problem.)

1. Computers with nVidia graphics suffer from very poor stability ("top priority link")
  2. Loot/Mining issues on Land Areas (disappearing loot, be careful)
  3. Trouble installing VU 10.0 (helpful link)
  4. Big trouble logging in? (Link)
  5. Graphical options are not saved on relog
  6. Attachments attached to item, in storage at 10.0, are bugged. See fix: LINK
  7. Face masks might cause login-issues (link)
  8. Other, close, person's mining-search window appear to you too
  9. Controls sometimes get stuck and make you walking any any direction. Pressing said directions directional key again, should fix it
  10. Swimming on-to land
  11. Thick-fog bug
  12. Disappearing Teleporters (relog fixes)
  13. Avatar graphical glitches related to clothing
  14. Sound issues (future patch should fix)
  15. Land undergroup in water after teleporting
  16. Land underground in water if stood ontop of bomb or probe
  17. Get successful find while mining - but no deed or claim rod
  18. Text-window scroll is too much, it scrolls more then one page at a time
  19. Some keys are not default anymore, you need to assign them yourself
  20. Crafting: "Could not execute"
  21. Falling and landing-freeze, need to wait until you can move again
  22. Mob textures - sometimes disappear entirely, sometimes partially
  23. Mobs can go invisible when running
  24. Running animations bug sometimes
  25. Too quick white-screen when teleporting
  26. Mob death sounds cut off when looting
  27. (L) and unL armour plates had their icons swapped
  28. Time-Lag in mob's life-bar
  29. Some mob's hit-boxes are behaving strangely
  30. Sometimes you don't get any loor nor any no-loot message
  31. Some mobs react slowly (feature? bug?)
  32. Refiners refusing to refine
  33. Auction order function is faulty
  34. Service center graphical glitches
  35. Have to re-locate some locations to get the TP
  36. New players can't assign some TP, even if they can use them to TP out
  37. Death close to one revive might take you to an entirely different one, much further away ("feature" = bug by design)
  38. Missing reply-sound in PM
  39. Various graphical options issues (LINK)
  40. Banks empty
  41. Pressing 'K' while mining may cause CTD
  42. Random program-freeze when doing full logout (waiting the 20 seconds) from full-screen
  43. Map interface issues (link)
  44. "Replace Me" icons
  45. Out-of-place bubbles
  46. Scope-zoom bug
  47. Impossible to turn off steaming audio in the CL options
  48. Impossible to turn off ads in the CL options
  49. Click-time issues when trying to close windows etc
  50. You may want to stay away from Atlas: Link

Also, here's a list of not bugged but otherwise very annoying stuff:

1. Unclimbable-hills ("feature" = bug by design)
  2. Hills everywhere ("feature" = bug by design)
  3. Asked to clearly beta-test software without any recognition from Mindark or FPC
  4. Running down-hill is slower then straight forward (wtf?)
  5. People miss the third-person controls
  6. Occasional rubber banding (take a few steps, get thrown back towards original position)
  7. More lag, crashes
  8. Windows 7 compatability issues (note that Win 7 is not supported)
  9. Resized items = mess in storage
  10. PM and chat interface messups
  11. Run/Walk toggle
  12. Unable to remove one icon (explanation link)
  13. Queue-tool does not work the same anymore
  14. Icons look like VU 4.0
  15. Reduced run-speed ("feature" = bug by design?)
  16. Where's the global sound? :(

Did I miss anything? Also, please remember that all customizable items, except clothes, are blank, they have lost their colours. This was adressed in the 10.0 content list - they will be restored later. This appears to include face masks. Also please keep in mind that third person controls should come with VU 10.2

You can't walk through trees, is this a bug? Mindark? FPC? Marco? Someone? :D
(Did anyone get that joke?)

Last edited:
Dont know how it happened but I just started walking backwards. Forward running/walking made me stop but not go ahead. All I had to do was press "S" to manually walk backwards and the problem was solved.

Glitch where you cant select any mobs in 3rd person (not in aim mode) but you can see them in aim mode. this makes looting dead things impossible (even with loot hotkey i tried it)

Easiest way to get around it is logging or going into aim mode, then leaving it by pressing space and left clicking and right clicking alot when the body is selected :D

Go swimming, swim to the ground. You'll start walking and can't start swimming again until you get out of the water and back in again.

Cape Corinth, bubbles come out of your head :cool:
Service Centers are WAAAAAYYYY to damn bright....:mad:
Lots of hills that should be climbable, are not around ithica, cant even get off the road the hills are too steep going south...

• PM chat window screwy (very technical term btw!). Mouse/cursor/enter/space all confused once chat window opened, ESC closes (accidently)
  • Teleports sometimes disappear after arriving and relog required to make them reappear
  • Jumping from high places (bridges, cliffs, etc) causes movement to stop, but is regained after trying all sorts of random things
  • Makeup Masks are blanked

I've crashed (machine reboot) 3 times so far, but half expected it thanks to warning about problems with NVidia cards/drivers (GFX 8600GT, driver 185.85).

Nighttime was pretty damned cool though!

Last edited:
  • Unable to open Personal Storage Terminal (with my apartment stuff)

the personal storage terminal is for your apt later on when you can access it.
You should also have a storage box in your normal storage with your items from your apt.

Wearing a coat makes a black spot appear on the neck...
Graphics settings (like high or medium) are not saved after relogging.

I couldent Sell Himi to a Himi Order, Order Bugged?

Rocket Launchers seem be bugged in pvp areas.. Sometimes inflicts damage, and then it wont do any damage at all.

Graphics Settings are not saved after a relog.

Glitch where you cant select any mobs in 3rd person (not in aim mode) but you can see them in aim mode. this makes looting dead things impossible (even with loot hotkey i tried it)

Easiest way to get around it is logging or going into aim mode, then leaving it by pressing space and left clicking and right clicking alot when the body is selected :D

yepp had same prob. Was only able to loot my first kill at last logg in, was the only one i could get the name tagg from. The next mobs i was just able to see in first person wiew what kind they where, but couldnt get a nametagg from the cause there wasnt any :confused: So i was unable to loot them.

- some sound are not working ( no sound when get crit hit, when get global, when fap, etc...)
-crash on win7 randomly
-mob die or go alive under the ground
-a large amount of color sound not normal (yellow paint is brown, almost black, etc...)

i post a sperate thread for that... anyway... ive manged to log in and i deceided to do a wee mining run. Took me like 20 bombs to hit first resource - tiny ofc but the problem was i couldnt see the claim marker. Also there was no deed in my inventory. Well its just i tiny i thought i dropped more mines and next hit was zinc poor. Same story no marker no deed. Came close with my finder to the place it was shown bt there was nothing. I reloged and droped few more bombs. Small narc unvisible as well. No deed nothing... Any1 else had same problem?

I had a problem with crashing to desktop every ten or fifteen minutes. I haven't been able to find any other similar complaints. Has anyone else had this problem? Or is my ISP randomly dropping connection for a few seconds every so often again? I don't want to turn in a support ticket unless I'm certain it wasn't on my end.

I had a problem with crashing to desktop every ten or fifteen minutes. I haven't been able to find any other similar complaints. Has anyone else had this problem? Or is my ISP randomly dropping connection for a few seconds every so often again? I don't want to turn in a support ticket unless I'm certain it wasn't on my end.

Same Problem here, have tried several settings to fix this but amt no clue why it happens hehe

stop chat or toggle chat dont work. you can only start chat with single key (ie <RTN> default) but have to use <ESC> to come out of chat. very annoying.

storage. again. was it too difficult to store the data of where things were and not change their size? again. ( i know not really a bug but literally hours spent sorting before)

funny bug

which might cost MA some decay until fixed:)
receipe:
-drop bomb near some watter
-fall through the ground
-press forward/run
voila, you get instant mole skills:) (mobs can't touch you)
ofc, don't forget to relog after that, or it might be considered exploit:)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/4/5/1/3/underwatter.jpg
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/4/5/1/3/underwatter2.jpg
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/4/5/1/3/underwatter3.jpg
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/4/5/1/3/underwatter4.jpg

OK, here's the list:

friend list mouse wheel scrolling: one entry is skipped when scrolling with the mouse

window handling: 9.x was crap and current gets even more in the way - makes the interface finally completely unuseable

in controls the toggle walk/run is a joke

minimum gfx-mode settings need no further comment, default settings yield 2 FPS on my machine (which is matching recommended system specs)

private chat silently stopped working

storage and incentory is messed up beyond recognition because many items changes size - and also since all items seem to have lost last position information (thanks for caring about my data)

map: it's nice that you can now zoom with mouse wheel, but it's not possible to zoom-in on something (tested while in teleporter) because center of map is fixed to where you currently are - MA, in case your coders can't do it... please at least go and rip some code from a BSD-Licensed paint program where the coder had a clue about user interface creation

engine uses only one of the available CPU cores

screen going LSD when changing gfx options (to get FPS instead of SPF)

This is from 10 minutes ingame - then i had enough.

Positive Stuff

Didn't try mining, so no invisible claims lost.
No NVIDIA card, so no BSOD.

WARNING

While i was testing 10.0 two background processes (executeables which i have always running since more than a year and have always been stable without any issues) suddenly died with GPF while EU was running.

This indicates (at least to me) that EU is messing something up (i guess in the video driver) which leads to memory corruption outside the scope of EU process - this could also explain the BSOD with NVIDIA cards in case the windows kernel contracts bitrot (coutesty of something going on in ring 0).

This is totally unaceptable.

I can only strongly recommend to anyone NOT to run this on a machine with any important data on it!

Tussi

Flaus that is awesome;)

My bugs so far that did not got mentioned.

-Running/walking, fix for that is keep pressing all movement buttons and hope you start to run

-LA mining claims don''t appear

-Weapon shoots really fast some times

stop chat or toggle chat dont work. you can only start chat with single key (ie <RTN> default) but have to use <ESC> to come out of chat. very annoying.

its a feature not a bug.

Subscribing..

Weird how I didn;t notice any bugs, well apart from all textures becoming nobbly metal but I think it's just me :D

Want to read which bugs I've missed.. I haven;t even fallen through the ground yet, and I've jumped off some REAL HIGH places :D

when you rafine have bags too. like 2 items in one area in inventory

I cant reach 10% of mining claims on CND (mountains, hills)!!!

Think, what if i get a HOF on unreachable area???

globas/crits no sound
gradivores are unlootable

-Gradivore has no textures,unlootable and still move if u killed them
-logincrash's,logoutcrash's, ctd's
-using a scope and zoom in -u get automatic zoomed out again
-cant change resolution in game
-changing grafic settings,apply and confirm they are default after relog or crash
-darkness in servicecenters(on purpose?!?)
-" queue use tool action when reloading" dont works anymore if u change between fap and weapons

not bug's but annoying things

-unreachable claims on unclimbable hills
-Mountains (looking good) but thats really to many ,in each direction i look i see mountains wich u cant climb
-the size of some weapon amp's ( shear pro ) is twice big as usual amp's
-look of some items (fap's ,armor or else) is like vu 6.0 or older
-the look of avatars reminds me of Barbie and Ken puppets (doesnt matter wich avatar :laugh:
-the pointless change of the control buttons (walk and run) as the remove of the 3rd person view button

In fact the coder of CE² in EU seems not to be the usual power player to know how annoying things like this are:eyecrazy:

I'll add:

* You can sometimes see other people's mining data - like when someone drops a bomb you too get the same detector screen and stuff. Also, sometimes when people use items near you the game registers as if you did it so if you're chatting it forces you out of the chat so your screen goes nuts with all the windows you manage to open.

* Sometimes I can't TP to some locations, so I have to relog.

MA, have you seriously tested this? There are so many bugs that it seems like we're just beta testing...

not so many bug, good job MA ;)

BTW, when TP from city to another, game crashed at the second or third attemp

When crafting, u got lot of randomly "could not execute"

MA, have you seriously tested this? There are so many bugs that it seems like we're just beta testing...

Obviously you haven`t been here long enough :D
Imo, apart from a couple bugs and some glitches (with nvidia cards) it looks and feels ok to me...
Considering how many things coulda gone wrong, it actually came up lot more ok than i expected :)

The ones I've noticed

• Unequip doesn't work when linked to a key just says nothing targetted.
  • Axe seems slower but might just be me as the animation has changed.
  • Running down hill is slower than normal running.
  • Drop into sexy pose when jumping off cliffs and freeze for a few seconds.
  • You can jump when swimming on the surface.
  • Turn into the incredible hulk occasionally (flourescent green armor)
  • Invisible mobs :yay: again.
  • Partially invisible mobs, had half an armax chasing me for a while.
  • Running up hill, avatars legs move quickly as if running but at walking speed

edit: just remember some more

• When TP'ing it goes white screen but immediately instead of gradually.
  • Mob death sound effect is cut off when looting.
  • Got stuck in a rock when jumping on it, had to revive to get out of it.

All I can remember at 1:30am

The only real issue I have is the new map and that Amaethera and Eudoria are on the same one rather than being selectable. The active point is a good addition, hopefully it will be expanded for teams to show each members position.

Last edited:
day 1, some bugs

- vigi and Thunderbird armour look almost exactly the same
- storage scroller moves much too slow
- L plates are now white and UL plates blue, why was it reversed?
- plates that were in armour, in storage, now seem to be stuck
- FL should be resizable
- Lifebar from mob is still partially filled when mob is dead
- No sound for critical hits, neither receiving or giving

gl!
Naomi

Back