VU 14.3 Update

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
We are working hard to fix issues with entering any of the dynamic areas (start room, dungeons, motherships), server instability and creature models being hard to hit. We will patch as soon as possible.!

Originally Posted Here

Oh yes. A fix for space would be nice before a big part of the player base gets stuck down there and stop cycling peds.
(Or at least someone give me a neighbor to talk to down there, even soc chat doesn't work, so levitating around by myself is boring :))

DC´s should fixed too not able to Play 30 Minutes in a row so its Time for GTA 5
see u in few weeks...

Hope the fix will include the insane lag (failed-failed-failed-failed-failed-failed-failed-hit-failed-failed-failed-failed.....) as well. On Ark at least it's nearly impossible to play atm.

went from low-medium to safe mode and from no ctds to about 6 ctds an hour...also could you please make all those 100% disciples automatically graduate? mine are having trouble doing so :))

I rarely complain...

But get REAL Mindark or who ever pulls the strings. You never learn do you? Do you ever test anything before you release it?

Dont fix anything unless it broken. Forget about minor changes and pimping. Fix the real issues like connections and stability issues.
Noone need new weaponsounds if you cant even play. Get real!

I know this VU is surposed to fix some of the issues but history repets itself. Always the same. 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

At my company we have something called "fist time right".. Wich simply meens that do it the right the first time. Let it take 1-2 months longer but just do it right!

Reactions: Mac
I rarely complain...

But get REAL Mindark or who ever pulls the strings. You never learn do you? Do you ever test anything before you release it?

Dont fix anything unless it broken. Forget about minor changes and pimping. Fix the real issues like connections and stability issues.
Noone need new weaponsounds if you cant even play. Get real!

I know this VU is surposed to fix some of the issues but history repets itself. Always the same. 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

At my company we have something called "fist time right".. Wich simply meens that do it the right the first time. Let it take 1-2 months longer but just do it right!

TOTALLY AGREE!!! you said few but right things! who cares about weapon sounds??? better fix these disconnections that happens al the time...

Thank you Bertha :)

a note to MA about testing..

Well for me Until they get a majority of the bugs fixed in game, I won't be updating nor playing.. I mean I got other gams I can play and I wasn't joking about building a space staiton... I mean I hav a fun simulatorthat does emulate space flight, and building a dian't jigsaw puzzle in place is more fun atm than waiting for fixes to come down the line..

And really this game needs to be constantly tested before any and all releases come out.. Frankly it gets annoying when you're trying to play and you can't play in an equitable way..

But 20 hours yesterday and how long over the next few days/ I mean Hopefully MA will pay overtime to the server managers and the programmers to fix these issues... Otherwise it's a travesty on the part of the programmers not getting paid for their hard work..

Finally I have to say this.. Stop trying to implement too much at once.. My question to the Programmers and server managers is.. you had all summer to get this right, so my question is, why haven't ou?

Well I'll be here waiting till the issues are fixed.. other tha that? I'll go elsewhere to go have fun..

or maybe I'll go get sleep.. This sleep apnea is bugging me..
(at least now I got a machine to fix this issue..) and this morning I feel a bit better than yesterday when I had to go out in 90+ (32+C) heat for 5 hours.. Came home more dead than alive..

Ah well, back to doingother stuff..

Benjamin Ben Coyote (Callsign "Coyote")
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

Reactions: Mac
quoting this from another thread, people need to stop shitstorming MA... Addicts, all of you!

I think that while yes - This update was made to fix the "old bugs", they had to implent SOMETHING to keep the people happy, which they failed with because the playerbase here has less patience than I dont know what.

IF you are loosing money cause of the bugs, take a couple of days off pe and play wow or something instead, when you come back, it will be fixed. MindArk is also loosing money when the game isnt functioning

on arkadia evry 5 min conection lost ,game is realy unplayable

getting lot of connection lost too :mad:

Can't be bothered to log in until the skies stop falling...

I haven't bothered to log in since multiple crashes yesterday (almost 24hrs ago) ago... I sure hope things get ironed out soon tho, I'd like to get back in-world without connection issues. Keep at it MA!

:yay:

Talking about saving PEDs, looks like it's another night of Terreria!

Ossi!

I dont get all the fuss!

Sure some people have a lot stability issues, I however have played fine with sessions up to 4 hours without disconnects, better yet I havent had any crash or disconnect at all yet.

So yeah, hitboxes are a bit weird, adjust your aim guys, the "fixed" hitboxes will be smaller than before, get used to it. And they have every right to do so, I mean, what game has hitboxes 3 meters around a mob??? I want to hit if I actually aim at the mob.

Please remember they placed a crapload of new hardware that needs to be balanced out. Sure some servers are having some problems with the load balancing (arkadia, twin peaks), at least for twin peaks, go to another area with no problems at all!

I like the update overall, not sure why they call it 64 bit cause it still uses only 1.6GB memory, like the 32 bit version. Hope that gets fixed soon.

I dont get all the fuss!

So yeah, hitboxes are a bit weird, adjust your aim guys, the "fixed" hitboxes will be smaller than before, get used to it. And they have every right to do so, I mean, what game has hitboxes 3 meters around a mob??? I want to hit if I actually aim at the mob.

Well with blades I can't hit in first person or 3rd person clicking on the mouse or with auto-tool. I don't even swing I just constantly adjust my stance back and forth and never swing except once in a great while. So no it is not a good thing and not worth getting use to because it is broken.

I suppose I could disable move to target and just swing wildly but if that's the way they intend you to play they should get rid of move to target option.

on arkadia evry 5 min conection lost ,game is realy unplayable

Getting these terrible "lost connection" also, but I think it was more like 10 to 15 minutes.
Strange enough, normally when I try to reconnect, it will say that my avatar is already online... blahblahblah...
But now it says that the server is down, and if I want to logon, I need to go from the beginners area to where I was... Like I'm a first time starter every single time...
Think I'll just try a few times today, and if this isn't fixed soon... I'll go mad and stay away! :wise:

quoting this from another thread, people need to stop shitstorming MA... Addicts, all of you!

You think it's our fault or MA's fault?

How can you not be an addict when this game is made to repay after a cycle?
They all say, MA and players, "you haven;t cycled enough" well guess what I have cycled 10K peds in 8 hours, trying to get some decent return ( meaning not loose much)

Should I play a run of 500 peds per day not to be an addict? How will my reutrns be then?

Get your things together, this game is made for addicts and made to be addicted!

I like the update overall, not sure why they call it 64 bit cause it still uses only 1.6GB memory, like the 32 bit version. Hope that gets fixed soon.

I'm confused by part I bolded, why should the 64 bit version use more RAM than the 32 bit one, assuming we are visiting the same place with same screen resolution and same graphical options?

Or do you mean by "fixed" that you expect next versions to contain higher resolution textures, thus using more than that the current RAM limit?

Any news yet MA, can we play today?

I'm confused by part I bolded, why should the 64 bit version use more RAM than the 32 bit one, assuming we are visiting the same place with same screen resolution and same graphical options?

Or do you mean by "fixed" that you expect next versions to contain higher resolution textures, thus using more than that the current RAM limit?

I expect the game to cache way way more textures in the memory to make the game more fluent.
Not per definition higher resolution textures.

For example when I go to twin peaks it keeps loading and loading. Memory stays at 1.6GB, throwing old data out to make place for the to be loaded textures etc. Cycling this old data for new takes too long imo and influences the gameplay in a negative way.
With 64 bit, I would expect the game not to delete the old textures and just add the new ones to memory depending on the users available memory. For example, I have 6GB, I wont mind if the game would use 4GB of that to make everything way way more smooth. I want the game to use that much!

I can cache the whole Caly planet like that, will greatly decrease all load times.

The whole 64 bit application needs some tweaking anyway, cause it's actually slower than the 32 bit now :)

I'm not a developer, but if I recall correctly, 64bit applications use more RAM than their 32bit counterparts by nature.

Disciple bug fix, confirmed.

I just graduated! :yay:

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my success. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.
- Louis Pasteur

Pls dont complain for crashes : p I cant log in anymore........

All I get is a black screen, my pc is up todate, reinstalled Entropia after the updates..... nothing works, not on an older pc and not on a brand new 1...

Pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL shows me memory is running at 80%

GREAT JOB

Back