MindBuster

Forum Founder, Administrator
Society
Freelancer
Werty MindBuster Someone
VU 7.5 Content list

PROJECT ENTROPIA VERSION UPDATE 7.5
2005-07-01

*** PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PROJECT ENTROPIA! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING PROJECT ENTROPIA SUPPORT! ***

VERSION UPDATE FEATURES

New avatar creation process
A new avatar creation process is launched, allowing for a more streamlined experience. Everyone will have an opportunity to check it out, even old avatars.

Old avatars
If you already have made an avatar before the avatar creation update, you have a one-time opportunity to try out the new system. Please note that you at any time can press Reset, to change back to your original look in the currently selected category. When Reset is pressed all changes you have made in the chosen category is lost and your appearance will be the same as before. Note that you cannot change your gender. To continue onwards, press Accept.

Options
Through activating the icons at the top of the UI you can switch between different sections of your appearance. Thereafter you can either use the arrows in the manipulation area to select a new feature, or use the circular zone to decide the level of alteration. If you want to reset a change, you need to activate the corresponding category and then press the reset button. Furthermore, if you press one of the Preview icons on the lower end of the interface, you will get an idea about how your avatar will look in different outfits. Note that these outfits are previews only and will NOT be included in your equipment.

Controls
Mouse: Move the cursor around.
Mouse Wheel: Used to zoom in and out.
Mouse Wheel Pressed down: Move the camera to various angles.
Keyboard Num Pad 8: Used to move camera up.
Keyboard Num Pad 2: Used to move camera down.

Confirmation
When you are satisfied with your choice of appearance you need to press the Accept button. Please note that once you have accepted your looks, you cannot do any further adjustments. However, while in Project Entropia, you will have the option to interact with a person capable of changing avatar looks, namely the body sculptor, hair stylist and the face sculptor.

Name
After you have accepted your looks, you need to choose the name of your avatar. Please choose your name sensibly. The rules and restrictions regarding choice of names are clearly stated in the Conditions of Use and any violation of these rules can lead to a permanent lockdown of your account.

New introduction
A new introduction is presented when starting Project Entropia.

New professions added
Three new beauty professions added, the body sculptor, hair stylist and the face sculptor. They can alter avatar looks, based on their skills, materials and equipment.

As a beauty designer, you can adjust the settings and changes a customer has requested. The customer will be notified when you transfer control of the process and show the suggested outcome for validation.

Your success rate ("SR") is based on your skills and the input materials chosen for the process. You can see the success rate for a 100 percent perfect outcome noted in each adjusted section. Note that more manipulation during a single procedure will lessen your overall success rate in every area.

When you are satisfied with the suggested outcome you can transfer control to the customer, by pressing Propose. The customer may accept the proposed outcome, or choose to alter the suggestion and transfer back the wishes to you for verification. You may then add new input materials to correspond with the customer's wishes.

When the customer accepts the suggested outcome, several checks are made to see the final result. Some areas, when several changes are proposed at once, may be 100 percent successful, while other have minor or no noticeable changes applied.

The general competence level of the designer influences the various areas you can alter, meaning a higher leveled designer has more options to choose from.

Added Beauty Materials
New items used by the beauty professionals have been added, including cartilage, fat and hair spray.

Added Beauty Tools
New tools added for usage when performing beauty procedures, including the hair stylist’s chair and the body sculptor’s toolkit.

New skills added
New skills added to work together with the new beauty professions.

General items added
A number of other items added to expand the range of items in Project Entropia.

Shopkeepers and Mannequins update
The Shopkeeper and Mannequin system has been reviewed and updated.

Added Revival terminals to Amethera
Based on community feedback, several new Revival terminals have been placed at various locations on Amethera.

Skill experience increased
The skill experience rate is greatly increased, based on community feedback and detailed analysis. The increase will be especially noticeable for "mid-leveled" avatars.

Fertilizing station updated
The Fertilizing station system has been reviewed and updated.

Aggression levels
Creatures roaming the lands are now less aggressive. This is especially true for lower-maturity creatures.

Creatures AI improvement
The creatures seems to have been eating smart pills and will behave more cunningly than before.

Sweating once again considered hostile
The creatures of Calypso once again consider sweating a hostile action which may trigger attacks. However, sources claim the number of sweat bottles extracted seems to have increased as well.

Updates to Options
Several new options added, including the ability to shut off wind (and thus the moving vegetation).

Change to lighting system
The dynamic lighting system slider in the options interface is changed. Now, when you move the slider all the way to the left, you have the least amount of dynamic light applied, instead of shutting it off completely.

Change to T button
When using the T button for transportation when stuck in terrain now freezes movement, to counter foul use of its functionality.

Change to blueprint
The blueprint design recipe for the Armor Plating 1A is changed, as it contained a faulty ingredient.

Music and Sounds
The Project Entropia experience is improved, with new sound effects, ambient sounds, and music.

Client stability
Several potential crash issues are removed from the Project Entropia client software.

Internal error fixed
The source of the Internal error message fixed.

Update:

Version Update 7.5 update with fixes.

The following issues have been addressed in the VU 7.5.1 update.
Updated Hadesheim to eliminate a crash.
Both client and server crash fixes applied.
Fixed an issue where you could use certain tools after they reached 10% condition.
Increased the visual range of Claim Rods to 150 meters.
Fixed a Toxic Area ("PvP3") death issue.
Fixed an issue which could render avatars invisible on other participant's clients by using shoes with various sole thickness.
Several item descriptions have been updated.
The Project Entropia Conditions of Use has been updated.

Last edited:
damn... I'm all confused now. :confused:
There have been loads of copies of this thread.. even Marco made one. What's going on? :wise:
---

ANYway heh..
I cant wait to get home n fire it up. Already got FireW0lf to do the update for me.. but he was warned "do NOT log me in!" :laugh:

I heard there are less hairstyles to chose from and the ones that are there are no different.. that true?

Going to take a screenie at the login screen in my temp Supremacy armour :tongue2: Weeee

ultimababe said:
damn... I'm all confused now. :confused:
There have been loads of copies of this thread.. even Marco made one. What's going on? :wise:
---

I made an announcement about it...

Due to an error i made when merging the two "VU 7.5 Contest Listing" threads, one located in "About Project-Entropia" and the other posted by Marco|MindArk in "MindArk Announcements" got lost, and can not be recovered

Please repost what you already have been posting in those thread in this new thread about the VU

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3604

Sorry for the inconvenience, atleast it's the only error we have had since launch 5 months ago.

Sorry :(

I was wondering the same thing. A lot had been posted before and now it's all gone.

I hate repeating myself and I'm sure others do too.

Maybe MB wanted to be the one to post the VU COntent List. :tongue2:

As for the Supremacy Armor, I wish I had done the same now. Oh well. lol

Edit - Just read what MB said. Shame about that. I can't remember what I wrote now. hehe.
However, for those that didn't see, there is a picture of the New Look Drone 01 in the Hunting Forum. They look so cool. :cool:

one accident is a good statisitc ;)

i posted a screeny of the new av creation part:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

there seem to be less hairstyles to chose from now.

ultimababe said:
I cant wait to get home n fire it up. Already got FireW0lf to do the update for me.. but he was warned "do NOT log me in!"

Just FYI... you can "Exit" the avatar alteration and leave PE and you will go back to it when you log in again. Once you hit "Accept", then it is final.

I just tried it myself to see, since I wasn't going to change anything anyway.

Ah! Thanks for the info Care Bear +rep! :)
I was kinda worried about that :tongue2:

I'd just like to post this and say thanks to MA for this vu.

After all the negative aspects of previous vu's and the comments from the community, it seems MA have potentially produced the best vu for a long time.

I think people should let them know this and tell them they have done a good job and that we appreciate it.
It's very easy to criticize bad things but many don't bother to voice their opinions when things are good.

Of course it is early days and some bugs will be there but there seems to have been a lot of good changes and a lot of new areas added.

have a beer on me Marco and tell the guys in the office we appreciate their efforts. :beerchug:

Oonly thing that mattered to me was the "increase of skill experience".Rest is just somewhat old news..my avatar looks is perfected anyway :D

Not quite sure what has happened here, whether this is a Bug due to the new amount of sweat able to be obtained or something MA have changed in the levels for sweat.

ANyway, I'm currently level 58 in sweat gathering and can no longer sweat in this VU, where as I could before the VU.

This is the Piccie I took that shows the message and sweat level?

Any ideas and has this affected anyone else in this VU?

MA, a response would be much appreciated if there is a change been made to the level you are allowed to sweat at now?

Wow- so skill increase in response to community? Wow! :girl:

And of course all the beauty stuff just looks great, esp the new profession ;)

humm, so far i like the sound of this vu gonna try it first but it semms MA does listen to our complaints at least part of them

I've not played th VU yet as I'm at work.. but I'm really loking forward to it when I get home in a couplo hours :)

Looking forward mainly to tweaking a couple of my avatars features to look a bit more like me :tongue2:

and I'm REALLY looking forward (well hoping) to stumble across one of these dungeons ;)

(I'm a goth so dungeons suit me just fine :laugh: )

Shame I can't see the avatar creation screen on my old machine. P3 800 mhz, 64mb video card...barely enough to show me parts of my avatar during the creation process and NONE of the rest of the screen (Especially the background of the space station) except for a little bit of the controls.

Thankfully my new machine will be online tonight or this weekend and I can get PE installed and running. With 3ghz processor, 1gb ram, a SoundBlaster Audigy 2ZS Gamer Edition sound card and ATI Radeon (original) 256mb X800XL top of the line video card my machine should be SMOKING good!

Hell even FarCry shouldn't be an issue to play..I hope. It's a great test of a machine's capabilities since it's such a resource hog.

Later! Have a good holiday everyone...maybe I'll get outside to sit and drink some beer at the picnic - unless of course I feign further injury to my right ankle..so I can stay inside and play PE all day! :laugh:

Trakkur said:
Thankfully my new machine will be online tonight or this weekend and I can get PE installed and running. With 3ghz processor, 1gb ram, a SoundBlaster Audigy 2ZS Gamer Edition sound card and ATI Radeon (original) 256mb X800XL top of the line video card my machine should be SMOKING good!

Hell even FarCry shouldn't be an issue to play..I hope. It's a great test of a machine's capabilities since it's such a resource hog.

That machine will be more than fine for running Far Cry. My machine is not far of the same specs and it runs so great. :)

Well I have to admit, i'm getting nice LB and Rifle skills now. Of course, i'm still in the 1-2k range, so I guess i'm still the 'sweet' skill zone. Anyone with higher stats see any significant improvement?

One thing I do hate, the teleport process. You can't chat while you wait for the 60 seconds to count down or even hunt and finish off a mob. It was a fun challenge before; kill and loot a mob before time was up. :(

:laugh: sorry. Just spotted something else.

I found a pretty good deposit, so I mined it and weigh 235 kg now. The problem is in Camp Caravan (CC), I can barely move sometimes. I move faster when i'm out of range of CC, but in CC I am dragged down by some mysterious gravity problem. :laugh:

Willing said:
Well I have to admit, i'm getting nice LB and Rifle skills now. Of course, i'm still in the 1-2k range, so I guess i'm still the 'sweet' skill zone. Anyone with higher stats see any significant improvement?

One thing I do hate, the teleport process. You can't chat while you wait for the 60 seconds to count down or even hunt and finish off a mob. It was a fun challenge before; kill and loot a mob before time was up. :(

i was at approx 1800LB and was gainig very little when using axes, but now it's faster.

Numa said:
Not quite sure what has happened here, whether this is a Bug due to the new amount of sweat able to be obtained or something MA have changed in the levels for sweat.

ANyway, I'm currently level 58 in sweat gathering and can no longer sweat in this VU, where as I could before the VU.

This is the Piccie I took that shows the message and sweat level?

Any ideas and has this affected anyone else in this VU?

MA, a response would be much appreciated if there is a change been made to the level you are allowed to sweat at now?

Your other skills have been raised too high. Happend to me a while ago, I lost my ability at lvl 53.

Thanks for the reply Neri. I thought that might be the case, but wasn't sure with other people I know capping out at 110-150 or so.

Oh well, bit of luck I kept some ME and Sweat in Storage then if I ever need it. :D

First post updated with VU 7.5.1 fixes.

Back