Status

MindBuster

Forum Founder, Administrator
Society
Freelancer
Werty MindBuster Someone
Project-Entropia VU 7.6
Sneak Peek

[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/images/newspics/76sneak.gif[/wrap]
The upcoming Version Update 7.6 is said to contain changes in Mining and Crafting professions, MindArk representative Marco Behrmann has posted some info about the VU 7.6 in our forums.

Some of you already know this, but for those who didnt follow the random tidbits provided by Marco, we here give a summary of some of the new things in Project-Entropia Version Update 7.6.

Marco wrote...

• Residues has a meaning
• Using the right item at the right time yields a bonus
• Blueprint books can be put in Storage
• New tutorial system in place
• Blueprints in books doesn't count toward the number of items in the inventory.
• Mining equipment and weapons have personalized stats, based on the avatar watching's skill (like when you examine a Skill Implant)
• Learning bonus added when using certain items within your competence range
• Added special items in the manufacturing system
• You now see the number of bombs you have available in the main HUD
• Claim deeds are tradeable
• Added Land Area feedback when crossing borders
• A horde of new DNA added, including specials
• The refiner now accepts any number of input items (no more dividing ore by 3 and having 150 units maximum)

(NOTE: This is not the full VU 7.6 listing, only a sneak peek)

Marco also tells that the VU 7.6 is currently in Internal Testing phase and is to be expected for public release sometime next week.

Several of these things seems to adjustments of already existing systems to satisfy the userbase which has been long called for, and i agree the changes are very welcome.
Things like putting blueprint books in storage, also that you can put a whole stack of ore in the refiner, which is how it was in "the old days" is very appreciated.
Thanks MindArk.

The other new things also looks good, a very promising version update.

Please join the discussion of this sneak peek in our forums...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6021

-MindBuster

Last edited:
w00t by]huguig buhahahahahah

Nice.

Good idea, now we don't have to stalk Marco. :D

Everything looks promising on the tidbits, except this one worries me.
Being someone that has lost a big deposit in a rock before I am posting this as a warning if the rock claims are still going to exist that before purchasing a claim its best to go see the claim. Its not going to happen often but someone may try to sell a large deposit that is unminable if the rock or building claims are going to still exist. Don't get me wrong, I want to be able to trade claims as I mine in a team from time to time.

weeeeee sound's awesome, i can't wait until i can get back on again. Thx MB :)

• You now see the number of bombs you have available in the main HUD

Yay! I wished for that one in some thread a few months ago. :)
You can thank me by giving rep. :silly2:

And the ore prices go.... UP! (please?)

Last edited:
Darkaner said:
* You now see the number of bombs you have available in the main HUD

Yay! I wished for that one in some thread a few months ago. :)
You can thank me by giving rep. :silly2:

It was asked for more than 2 years ago, and back then Marco said it would come ;)

MindBuster said:
It was asked for more than 2 years ago, and back then Marco said it would come ;)

Damn, no rep for me then. :(

:laugh:

MindBuster said:

I don't know how this is gonna work out in the long run but potential scamming with unreachable claims WILL HAPPEND but can be avoided by simply NOT BUYING ANY CLAIMS FROM PPL YOU DON'T KNOW or go check the claim before you buy like Cauldren said.

Thanks MB. This watching skill sounds interesting.

Wow! Can't wait to see the personalized stats among all the other cool things too. :)

This is going to be very interesting :)

Just before the "crappy Skill VU" I used to like when new VU's arrived.
But now i'm a little bit scared actually :laugh:

The Doctor said:
I don't know how this is gonna work out in the long run but potential scamming with unreachable claims WILL HAPPEND but can be avoided by simply NOT BUYING ANY CLAIMS FROM PPL YOU DON'T KNOW or go check the claim before you buy like Cauldren said.

You can see information on the deed before you buy it. :D

/Kjetil :cool:

Darkaner said:

And the ore prices go.... UP! (please?)

Well as someone skilling components to get the requisite skills necessary to participate in crafting. I hope the interest in, and subsequent increase in these activities, will increase the supply of ore thus lowering the prices.

Interesting about skills. Does it actually mean theres an "optimal" range and performance...

Refining cool,
HUD change cool,
Claim trading - yay finally a way for miners to skill, to team-mine, contract-mining, or... wait.. who would buy claims? I would for skills. But not else. Can they be sold on auction? Someone collecting on HoFs?

I wish for mining tool attachments. Would be cool.

Finally

I havent been able to play PE in a month, because of economic reasons. :rolleyes:
But when VU 7.6 arrive, and hopefully the ore price will go upp.
Then im back in business :cool:

Kjetil said:
You can see information on the deed before you buy it. :D

Hmm... but will the claim deed record the amount of ore already mined? If not then there is a danger of someone mining almost all of a big find then trying to sell an almost empty claim :(

Maybe its not longer sellable when you pulled the first stones/enmatters ?

The personalized stats sounds interessting. And again i heard , the right tool at right time means a bonus ... I heard this by hunting too somewhere i just forgot where i have read it. So its not just the right region/server you have to be in but you also need the right "Tool" to get this hof ?

I guess i wont get a clear awnser on that :tongue2:

a bit vague but sounds interesting,

lol that kinda describes a lotta ppl in the forum too j/k :tongue2:

"• Using the right item at the right time yields a bonus" Does this mean that a rifle used at close range is not the 'right time' and won't get a bonus? Any thoughts on interpreting this?

GHILL said:
"• Using the right item at the right time yields a bonus" Does this mean that a rifle used at close range is not the 'right time' and won't get a bonus? Any thoughts on interpreting this?

mining and crafting update?;)

but dont you have to be able to reach it to claim it? o in order to have a claim deed for tht deposit doesnt it need to be minable???

Sorry to sound like a miserable sod, but is there any chance of implementing some new and intersting features. Most of the VU seems to be is tweaking stuff. Hats of the MA for listening to player requests and implemeting, but as for game development, well where is it?
The last development if I am not mistaken was hairdressing and beauty!
C'mon MA, surely you can do better.

EDIT:

Just to add, most of these fixes should be released as they are completed, not bundled together. Fixes are fixes, and shouldnt be released as a VU.

The Beast said:
Sorry to sound like a miserable sod, but is there any chance of implementing some new and intersting features. Most of the VU seems to be is tweaking stuff. Hats of the MA for listening to player requests and implemeting, but as for game development, well where is it?

EDIT:

Just to add, most of these fixes should be released as they are completed, not bundled together. Fixes are fixes, and shouldnt be released as a VU.

interesting point

The Beast said:

Keep in mind that this is only a sneak peek of SOME of the new things in VU 7.6 :wise:
(i'll edit first post making clear it's not the full list.)

And we still dont know what stuff like residue is going to be used for, the tutorial system, and new mobs (which the "special DNA" implies) can keep ppl busy for a while.

The cool thing about PE is that new stuff is being added over time, and that's a difficult task, implementing it with an already existing system, not like most other games where the game is released and ppl getting tired of it after a couple of months, then wait a year or two for a sequal, in PE we keep playing the same game for years with new stuff added continuously.
(please dont post examples of games that might be like that :silly2: )

The Beast said:

There was the spacecraft missions too, surely "just" an extention of hunting, but it brought a connection between miners and hunters which werent there before, the miners getting some cool extra, and many hunters started mining, and miners/hunters trading in between instead of just miners/crafters.

Let's wait and see what the full VU listing brings :)

Last edited:
Hmmm, maybe it could be used to solder shut the mouths of beggers? :laugh:

Totally agree with the beast on this one.
Most of the list appear to be bugfixes or things that should have been done in the first place.

Can't wait to see a full list of actual new features though.

• Residues has a meaning
At a guess, this means residue is usable for something?

means nothing??? hunting? Crafting? beauty? dancing? chatting?

• Blueprint books can be put in Storage
should have been that way from the beginning.

new player interest only but + points for adding this

• Blueprints in books doesn't count toward the number of items in the inventory.

• Mining equipment and weapons have personalized stats, based on the avatar watching's skill (like when you examine a Skill Implant)

• Learning bonus added when using certain items within your competence range
This needs an explination of what someones 'competence range' actually is, as does the remark from the last vu regarding skill bonus and using certain items.

New feature

• You now see the number of bombs you have available in the main HUD - should have been that way from the beginning. As should the decay amount of the currently equiped item.

should have been that way from the beginning. Who will be first to give away a hanger by mistake :D (without using the Auction)

New feature

New feature

• The refiner now accepts any number of input items (no more dividing ore by 3 and having 150 units maximum)

MindBuster said:
-MindBuster

well, these things sound pretty new, i dont think we have seen them before

and the one i colored sounds very good

Status
Back