VU 8.2 Content Listing

Morg said:
Im curious if the system works both ways....can a Participant lower the Rep of a BAD Promoter?

Yes.

As to abuse, the social aspect is still the most important - meaning word of mouth etc. Before jumping to conclusions, I hope you all at least take part of one event and checkl out the system.

Marco|MindArk said:
Yes.

As to abuse, the social aspect is still the most important - meaning word of mouth etc. Before jumping to conclusions, I hope you all at least take part of one event and checkl out the system.
Sure... I'll try it all, and I love the new stuff. :)

Your explanation about the future rep system just sounded... dangerous.
(Still does) :scared:

The AD's showing look interesting, but my best has to be McCormicks video. I just love that one. :D

Couldn't stay in the game long though to test anything else out due to the insane lag.

Anyway, the few issues I have found so far that appear to be bugged, or changes to the general improvements.

AD's System - It appears that the Sound stutters a lot in some cases, or it could be due to intense lag. Also, is the Sound from the Ad's only suppose to be there when you look at the AD, or just from anywhere in town. Sometimes I have had it where it is just sound when you face it and other times not??

Hunting - Get stutterting while trying to shoot mobs, so either die, miss shot, miss fap, or looks like i'm reading a comic.

Friends List - Needs a slightly darker background for the Friends List and the Chat window you talk to your friends in. Also, like others have said, move the Friends who are online to the Top like before. And the Scroll bar doesn't appear to work properly. I like the new friends option though.

Trading - After you terminate trading, the chat box stays up. Is this a new feature, or bugged?

Ingame Chatting Jabber - Ok, I don't know what is causing this, but after sometime, with all the lag, game loading, moving around, everyone starts to sound like Darth Vadar even when they are not chatting. It seems the chatting jabber is ongoing in the background and only way to get around it, is if people logoff.

Soc Chat - Goes wrong after a while and you can no longer Team Chat or Soc chat.

PE Game - Can't confirm this on this PC, as I lack a 2nd screen to see what is going on, but it seems to be overly Resource Hungry this time around. Try and exit the Game, and it pretty much hogs the whole systems resources and I need to do a full reboot to enable the machine to run properly again. I will update more on this one when I can.

PA Changes - Hasn't made any real difference. The LAG is still insane, but this could be to do with the new AD system. Will have to wait and see if this one improves.

I know I can log these with support, but want to do a little more testing first, before I log one call for all of them. Anyone else that can confirm any of these would be appreciated. :)

thoreau said:
i was a little disappointed to see the new floating billboards with this VU. I thought the existing signs would be utilized to show videos.

i am a little more worried that the ad system will not be non-intrusive. i have a feeling that there will be ads everywhere smacking you in the face.

Fiona Simmons said:
Well thats the point of an ad right ? :)

It doesn't have to be. Here are two extreme examples.

You go to a trade terminal and buy a Volkswagon Engineered Sollomate Opalo.

You go to a trade terminal and are forced to watch a 15 second commercial about Volkswagons before you can make a purchase.

Both are advertisements but one is more subtle.

There was a movie a few years ago starring Tom Cruise I think. He was walking through a mall and commercials were popping up addressing him personally. I hope it doesn't get to that.

Pe-nerd said:
That's called Beta Testing mate. If i would do that i wouldnt loose peds decay on discovering these bugs. No i am paying for something i didnt ask for. I don't expect things to go smoothly. The chat and event system np that will take time and will be a great Added feature to the game.
But i can't stand it when i log on and once again find things in VU what makes me loose peds again. It just happenened to often. The freeze you have when shooting a mob is making hunting harder again. They got to solve it offcourse and they will. What i don't understand is why they have implemented this VU when it doesn't work the way it should. I could have waited another week.

I don't think that any amount of "beta testing" will catch all the problems that occur under real conditions. As with all the other VUs I have experienced, the problems will be fixed in a few days, I hope. I know that I will refrain from hunting for a few days until the dust has settled.

Cheers :beerchug:

Woo hoo.

Gratz MA for introducing alot more in thu VU. I am looking forward to the event system and finally taking my bra off!

Thank you Marco and MA for making this possible after so much waiting...

Loggin into the Matrix right now.... :cool: ;) :cheer:

Event-Termin good for Pilots`?

One question about the event system. Its posible to sell tickets for flights with this? So it can be used by Hangarowner ;) Normaly a event-terminal are on the event location and only there can be sell the tickets for this event location- is this right? Or can i buy tickets on all event-terminals?

Marco|MindArk said:
Yes.

How about MindArk holding one or two Events to get this started and add some nice prices ? ;)

Mikah said:
Woo hoo.

Gratz MA for introducing alot more in thu VU. I am looking forward to the event system and finally taking my bra off!

Thank you Marco and MA for making this possible after so much waiting...

Loggin into the Matrix right now.... :cool: ;) :cheer:

I must have missed the new feature that allows you to take off your bra in the VU list...

...but I look forward to seeing it in action. :D

thoreau said:
There was a movie a few years ago starring Tom Cruise I think. He was walking through a mall and commercials were popping up addressing him personally. I hope it doesn't get to that.

I think it was Minority Report- good movie :). I understand your point and I hope that it won't be that intrusive. Still waiting for the VU update, so slow ..

Jackfree, I think the vU listing said something about avatars finally being able to take off all their clothes, maybe I missread but I hope not. I just want to wear my bustier without my bra for once lol

new cool music videos at CND disco

check em out,here are some screens

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Led Zeppelin said:
check em out,here are some screens

WAYYYY its from the "going to the club"-video, right? Cool - its also on the frontsite of realityport.com :D

Mikah said:
I think it was Minority Report- good movie :). I understand your point and I hope that it won't be that intrusive. Still waiting for the VU update, so slow ..

Jackfree, I think the vU listing said something about avatars finally being able to take off all their clothes, maybe I missread but I hope not. I just want to wear my bustier without my bra for once lol

Sorry, could'nt find it in the listing. The only mention of nudity was this:

Naked Shock
The mutants on Calypso seem to be embracing their own interpretation of flower power and are now refusing to wear clothes. As if they weren’t ugly enough.

Cheers :beerchug:

there are like a bunch of videos playing in a loop.
im glad they are all already downloaded to the computer, so no laggy streaming here, u can just sit back and enjoy the videos :)

Maybe in the future we will have cinemas...

hehe well I have to give +rep to Marco for answering VU related questions so quickly but why does it feel so wrong tho? :D

I asked the boss of MA community relation ,aka Marco|MindArk, if i could show the video i took from the big advertising screens just after the VU started.......but he didnot feel to answer me after reading my PM :broke:

Francine said:
but he didnot feel to answer me after reading my PM :broke:

.. or maybe he just gets a lot of pm's and therefore have to reply after priority ;)

Everything is cool :) inculding advertising system (which causes GREAT lags) and new PM (chatting) system, but about new items & weapons i guess it will be same like always... mostly useless or "1 drop per 10 years" stuff :-/

MindBuster said:
PvP Update
When teleporting from a PvP to non-PvP zone such as a revival terminal, the 30 second rule no longer applies. It is no longer possible to kill an avatar that has just been revived.

:laugh: dbelinfante will be dissapointed :tongue2:

Trust McLord said:
Here you can see the new friendlist;

yeah see my name there Thx 4 the pics and text 'Trust nice to see while workin + rEp axe ur way

Numa said:
AD's System - It appears that the Sound stutters a lot in some cases, or it could be due to intense lag. Also, is the Sound from the Ad's only suppose to be there when you look at the AD, or just from anywhere in town. Sometimes I have had it where it is just sound when you face it and other times not??

Agree on the sound lag.

Numa said:
Friends List - Needs a slightly darker background for the Friends List and the Chat window you talk to your friends in. Also, like others have said, move the Friends who are online to the Top like before. And the Scroll bar doesn't appear to work properly. I like the new friends option though.

Agreed.

This VU is a huge step forward and the level of development as well as the quality of the new modules really show that MindArk is heading in the right direction.

Nice VU, but it needs some minor bugfixing before you can enjoy it fully :)
I have one question about the Event System though:
What exactly do the rules accumulate loot and accumulate ammo mean?

Nebu said:

yes , and i guess the bug fix and the feature iprovement that is needed will come soon.
right now , i am pretty neutral to that VU , and i guess next minipatch will make chose between very crap and very good.

Nebu said:
I have one question about the Event System though:
What exactly do the rules accumulate loot and accumulate ammo mean?

When you hold the mouse over it, you get help ;)

It means all loot or ammo gets collected, and the winner gets all.

Witte said:
When you hold the mouse over it, you get help ;)

It means all loot or ammo gets collected, and the winner gets all.

ok, thx for the fast reply :)
I just got a second question though, is it possible for teams to participate in the events?

KUBINY said:
Maybe in the future we will have cinemas...
That would be awsome! Imagine paying like 50 PEDs and going to see a movie IN PE instead of real life.... virtual tickets for virtual movie theators could be good money for MA too :p

This will probably be a long way off though....

Maybe, way in the future webcam technology would get so good that concerts can be streamed to PE, and that's how we get our live concert fix....

Sorry abot the crappy typing and stupid sentences. I would have put more time into writing my post but i'm using a laptop with a crappy keyboard :tongue2:

Newer nVidia drivers finally supported

Noticed this on the download page:

The PC you use to run Project Entropia must meet the following requirements:

Windows 2000 or Windows XP
Minimum 512 MB RAM (recommended 1024 MB RAM)
Minimum 1 GHz Intel / AMD CPU
Minimum NVIDIA GeForce or ATI Radeon graphics card
NVIDIA driver 8198 get it here or the ATI driver 6587 get it here

nVidia link is at:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.98.html

Windows XP/2000 32-bit
ForceWare Release 80
Version: 81.98
Release Date: February 7, 2006
WHQL Certified

Was about to dump PE because it forced me to use ver 7x.xx drivers which my other games were not happy with.

BTW if the new VU crashes on you it might be because you are still on the ver 7x.xx drivers.

Last edited:
Laserline said:
That would be awsome! Imagine paying like 50 PEDs and going to see a movie IN PE instead of real life.... virtual tickets for virtual movie theators could be good money for MA too :p

This will probably be a long way off though....

Maybe, way in the future webcam technology would get so good that concerts can be streamed to PE, and that's how we get our live concert fix....

Sorry abot the crappy typing and stupid sentences. I would have put more time into writing my post but i'm using a laptop with a crappy keyboard :tongue2:

and than imagine CTDing when you get to the interesting part :laugh: or getting the msg with the 5 minutes till server stops
nice ideas tho

MindBuster said:
Did you guys see the "New Oxford: city of culture" yet ;)

I only saw an ad for it. Where will it be? Somewhere in northern Amethera? I am... intrigued.

On a side note, I've noticed that some of the video advertisements were stuttery (is that a word?), both the video and audio. Of course, I was at Ithica at the time, and there was an event going on, so it was a little laggy there anyways.

I was directly underneath the floating "videoboard" when I started to hear someone talking; I thought I was losing my mind. It took me a couple of minutes to realize what it actually was.

Back