VU 8.7 Preview

Looks like highend amp prices are going to crash.

IMO its should be 100% max amp. Then exept for opalo not too much changes. As it is now, there are loads of pretty big investments that turn out to be useless.

Here is a list of all weapons that wont work properly with a dante:

Starkhov AS-129
Starkhov AS-97 Adjusted
Starkhov AS-147 Mentor Edition
Starkhov AS-147
FreanD Epsilon BLP Pistol
Starkhov AS-117
Tegretov TR8
Starkhov AS-98
FreanD Delta BLP Pistol
Maddox IV
Tegretov TR6
VAT-120
Omegaton Z1102
Tegretov TR5
Jashonich FP
Omegaton Z1101
Starkhov AS-97
VAT-100
VAT-100 Mentor Edition
Genuine Design Clone GDC-97
VAT-110
Omegaton Z1002A1
Omegaton Z1002A1 Ancient
FreanD Gamma BLP Pistol
Maddox III
Jashonich AP
Omegaton Z1002
FreanD Beta BLP Pistol
Maddox II
Jashonich MP
Omegaton Z1001
FreanD Alpha BLP Pistol Mentor Edition
FreanD Alpha BLP Pistol
Maddox I

fresco said:
well it is better this way - all bitching and moaning will go before the VU and after VU we will b&M about new bugs.

imagine if we would have learned about it together with the new bugs?... :cussing:

as of personal opinion - the change is logical and look out for those upcoming snable-snoots uber loots :dunce:

Welcome to 101-Fire Fighting in Business situations.

"We also wanted to enhance the sense of advancement regarding the items you decide to use based on the skills you have - the more skills you have, the better equipment you can efficiently use."

This is just total bull. Apart from a very small number of weapons your skills make no differance on what weapons you use. Be it the lowest or highest damage you still have the same hit ability if they really wanted to give you a feeling of advancement there would be a scale in the weapon system you could work your way up.

AkiranBlade said:
It effectively means, stick 1 opalo in your storage or apartment as a museum piece.

Do I get the impression you are not liking this VU news? :laugh:

There are mobs that will still offer this efficiency, we just need to think what can still be killed in a reasonable number of shots with an opallo and 101 = first one that comes to mind in the sabakuma.... snables young would still be good too... this wont kill low level hunting, only limit it more to make mid level gaming more fun IMHO :girl:

Pretender said:
put so your dante ml on?
beast buy maddox for?

I have beast for my Maddox... But now my armor decay increases because the mob hits me more... get it?

This sure will make it a lot worse for some, but hopefully way better for
even more. ;)
As with everything, it all depends on what people do and use, so IMO I think
I'll wait after some months killing/skilling before I say anything about the
amps. But I can make a little general note, it looks more balanced this way.
New HUD is great to get, seen basic of excisting HUD way to long now. ;)

PINKY said:
So with an opallo with 8 damage the most efficient amp would be one with a max damage of +4 as there is nothing that has a +4 it means only the 101 would offer good efficiency?

Anything over +4 would loose efficiency as the max damage of any amp would be 4..... for example if a 102 was added, with a maximum of +7 you would only get +4 anyway...

am i right anyone? :confused:

Yes, correct, given the currently available amps, in VU 8.7 over a dozen new amps will come as well, targeted at every level of of the advancement scale.

Reactions: Nea
PINKY said:
So with an opallo with 8 damage the most efficient amp would be one with a max damage of +4 as there is nothing that has a +4 it means only the 101 would offer good efficiency?

Anything over +4 would loose efficiency as the max damage of any amp would be 4..... for example if a 102 was added, with a maximum of +7 you would only get +4 anyway...

WOOT i am going to hunt gibnib, or fugabarba then! thats all that opalo can handle anymore! :laugh:

edit: Oh new amps, yes, limited i presume?

PINKY said:
... this wont kill low level hunting, only limit it more to make mid level gaming more fun IMHO :girl:

How does mid-level gaming become more fun when you end up paying more in decay?

So we will see some uber amps come out you think then?

better start hanging on to those 101-103 amps instead of tt-ing them...

Well this is very interesting. So the economy of Opalo and big amps will vanish. On one hand this is good as there will be a "progression" path of weapons for players to aim at, rather than you suck at everything else, get a bigger amp.

BUT to cap it off, dont we then need a greater tiering system for HA. Is the opalo and the Breers still going to be the only maxed out weapons for folk (unless they have over 10k average skills etc)? Or will there be a middle ground as well? Like weapons up to MKII can be maxed at 5k average skills etc?

I like the HUD :D

The amp nerf will drive me out of the game pure and simple. The only way I will stay is if normal non-L weapons get to be maxed out at reasonable levels in a graduated system wich MA has allready said isn't going to be done. I will not hunt with bigger weapons as long as they remain horribly inefficient. :wave:

If they change the HA as well, this change is great IMO.

AkiranBlade said:
Well this is clearly not the case.

I went out with an amped Opalo last night, and on 50ped of ammo I made a net loss of 20peds. That's far from profit.

same here 3 of my 4 last opalo hunts resulted in less than 50% lootreturn. if this goes thru it will put me off hunting, not to mentioning depositing :(

im sorry to say this but in my book... this is a big ripoff! just what your "precious" customers needs.

i wont be making any more investments in items, thats for sure :wise:

Kombinator said:

Nothing has been said about HA changes....so, more ammo expense to the players and more decay on the low end weapons while they miss their shots....

Kombinator said:

i will second that!

with a new change having the same HA on jester and imk is... how to say...

dumb very unbalanced?...

the only thing that kept the illusion of balance was the amp...

Last edited:
Thanks for the preview Marco, i won't say anything until the patch is applied. I won't get my hopes up or down just yet :).

Marco|MindArk said:
Just to make it clear - no stats on any Amp will be changed in the VU. It is just that a high-level amp will work less well on a low-level weapon.

An example: Amp have Max Dam 20. It is put on a weapon with Max Dam 10. The combo will yield a Max Dam of 15 (10+5).
It is put on a weapon with Max Dam 20. The combo Max Dam is 20 (10+10). It is put on a weapon with Max Dam 40. The combo Max Dam is 60 (40+20).
It is put on a weapon with Max Dam 100. The combo Max Dam is 120 (100+20).

Exactly! Which means my opalo +A103 will go from max damage of 20 to max damage of 12. The 103 will still be ok on my 32-Enforcer, but that's a bit much for low maturity exos, daikiba and berys. Right now I average 17 or 18 damage with the opalo +A103. It's equivalent to the damage I deal with the LB. All thing's held equal, it's still a better option to abandon the opalo, take off the armor to save on the decay, since it will take longer to kill something under this change and stick to the LB. The benefit will be the opportunity to gain more skills in strength, agility and evade.

The only other immediate option I see at this point, to replace the opalo + A103 as closely as possible, is to take the 16 Protector out of storage and put a 103 on that. Of course, there will be a loss in range by using the hand gun.

Either way, I'm still not thrilled with this change. However, I will work on finding some adjustments to my hunting that I can live with. I think my biggest issue is that you just messed with my morning bery hunting over coffee before having to deal with work routine. Messed with before coffee is just never a good thing in my world. ;)

Hugs,
Aliana

fresco said:
i will second that!

with a new change having the same HA on jester and imk is... how to say...

dumb?...

the only thing that kept the illusion of balance was the amp...

I totally agree with that. If that happends this will be one of the best VU´s ever.. if not... then :silly2:

Marco|MindArk said:
Yes, correct, given the currently available amps, in VU 8.7 over a dozen new amps will come as well, targeted at every level of of the advancement scale.

Cool, and math was never my strong point! ;)

A dozen new amps too, so all good with me! You have my approval to continue with this VU now! :D

PINKY said:

Aham and now imagine what I'll get on TT pistol as HG user :D From now on this gun will be doing cool damage. Max damage of 6 is not enough to hunt mid snables even :rolleyes:

So Marco:) ?

As you are in a position to reply at the moment, will there be a change in the HA system as well?

Marco|MindArk said:

Holey crap this is what I have been waiting for finally a more even playing field. :dance:

Wonder if that means we are going to have some "ancient" items show up again.

SB2 said:
How does mid-level gaming become more fun when you end up paying more in decay?

Hey Marco, why does SB2 get the stats of all the new amps you are introducing??

Or at least thats what I assume has happened for you to make such a definitive statement..... ;)

We dont know whats gonna happen, so lets stay positive for now, I always find it better to not worry about things until you know they will affect you... then we go round Marcos house and beat him with a wet kipper....

So instead of introducing Melee Amps, they will nerf the gun amps. My Opalo + A106 combo was too good to last forever. I just wish I did not stand to lose so much on the 'investment' I made. But hey, I never played this game with money I did not expect to lose. Still, no one likes to lose PED...:mad:

On a positive note...the new HUD looks nice.

la aurora said:
Aham and now imagine what I'll get on TT pistol as HG user :D From now on this gun will be doing cool damage. Max damage of 6 is not enough to hunt mid snables even :rolleyes:

Didnt the VU update mention adjustments between the handgun and rifle speeds to balance things (might have been imagining it)

but anyway, switch to the Mann mph, then you wont have a problem, as its way faster than the tt gun, with similar stats...

Also, a side issue, but worth considering that with the opallo and 101, there is no extra ammo shot either... so will make hunts last longer :D

PINKY said:
Hey Marco, why does SB2 get the stats of all the new amps you are introducing??

Or at least thats what I assume has happened for you to make such a definitive statement..... ;)

We dont know whats gonna happen, so lets stay positive for now, I always find it better to not worry about things until you know they will affect you... then we go round Marcos house and beat him with a wet kipper....

LOL @ Pinky... Because I rate, that's why....

Think about it Pinky... Who wants to go from a gun with 10HA to one with 2HA? Cuz that's the only way they will increase damage... How much decay do those missed shots amount to? how much ammo is gonna be wasted? how many more hits will the mob get on your armor?

Back