VU 8.7 Preview

I'm a new player to this game, played for about two weeks.
Today I hunt with opalo + a102. For me I dont see the bad thing about making the amps less powerfull. With my low skills I'm not able to kill a bigger mob anyway so if I'm stuck on killing Snarksnot I'm fine with that. If i'm stuck on doing some sweat & kill with my other low skilled friends thats fine.
Today I think its too easy to stick around with oplao + amp too long. Asked my mentor what my next gun would be and he told me to stick with opalo forever, just get a better and bigger amp.
I guess if a104, a105 will be useless with amp this will increase the new players becuase then they are stuck with a102. And a102 has less dacay. Although it has less damage but you cant use the gun effecentlly at the beginning so they dont win putting a better amp on it.

I think this will be good for the community. Now there is a reason to invest in a bigger gun :)

lookin forward to this new VU...hope I wont CTD as much though :rolleyes:

what I think is funny though is that you, Marco, once said that you couldnt have told ppl cloths were gonna be removed from npc's cause it would have influenced the market.

but now u'r telling us that stuff about the amps that will obviously affect the market :confused: :tongue2:

buckaroobanzai said:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I don't think I can properly express with words my disappointment in reading these news. If MA people are reading this thread I hope they fully understand what this means to players like me who have been depositing large sums of money based on the assumptions that they would not be screwed on their purchases.
I invested (or maybe should I say wasted now?) many (and I mean MANY) kpeds for achieving an efficient BLP setup which could allow me to approach (still from far away) the laser setups.
I invested (or maybe should I say wasted now?) many hours in skilling BLP in order to use in an efficient way weapons which burn 20 pec per click.

I'm not an Opalo+a105 user, never was and never will be, but this change will burn like a smelly betrayal of the unspoken agreement I thought I had with MA, which is that I could 'invest' in high end items with a longterm timeframe in mind. You're screwing me hard folks, you know?
Basically all of my highly paid for weapons will just become pretty worthless: no more AS147me+Dante (which has a not really uber 4.22 max eco), no more VAT100me+Dante and VAT110+Dante (which are both even lower in eco), not even to mention the Maddox4+Dante which I sometimes use for skilling some handgun.

On the other hand this change will just allow the ModMerc and IMK2 users to widen up even more the gap between them and the other players. So let's wait for imk2 to break the 200kped barrier soon: good work MA, really the way to go in order to make this game more fun for the remaining 99% of the players!

A very very mad,
Buckaroo Banzai

You hit the nail on the Head Buck!!!

Lot of midlevel players screwed - new more powerfull amps which only can be used with the Guns the uebers have.

PS:

Maybe MA wants to cope the lagg in reducing the amount of players.....

It seams they are on the right track

Raffaele Meiers said:
You hit the nail on the Head Buck!!!

Lot of midlevel players screwed - new more powerfull amps which only can be used with the Guns the uebers have.

PS:

Maybe MA wants to cope the lagg in reducing the amount of players.....

It seams they are on the right track
:rolleyes:
New amps. not just more powerful ones. No one's screwed.

Vedder said:
New players will probably get slightly worse economy.
But not as bad as it may seem atm, since our loots in general depends on how effective we are compared to everybody else. And with this new system, it will be the same for all the new players, so eco will become better than if you compare with unamped Opalo today.

Furthermore MA could easily balance this a bit by adding some new slightly more powerful TT guns. That would make sense imo. But we'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

So efficiency of low level weapons with amp goes down - Mod Merc IMPMKII etc. stay at least the same if not improve with the new bigger amps

So what do we have with this change? Lesser efficiency for a hughe amount of players and better/same efficiency for the ones with the big dmg guns which still can use the amps.... and maybe even can use the new bigger dmg amps and boost their efficiency.

Thank you MA for this balacing move to get the poor Ubers another economic gain(as they can use the new bigger amps on their Uber weapons to boost the dmg/sec even more) and the big rest some losses.

Last edited:
What ive seen in preview is great news!!!
I understand the sadness of opalo users, but as they didnt know, all of us used mk2 or some solomate busho, jester D1...whatever, to skill up...
So we have done less % min dmg and lost more then them along they way of makeing more and more skills...
The ones that are upset are the old players wich didnt had the opportunity to skill up with opalo+103-204.....so i think is a good thing to drop it to opalo+101 max:).
The opalo comunity could start useind other weapons like brave ME, tasmo ME, mk2, etc....and the eco they do is based to theyr % min dmg, as the rest of us.
As for the blp users, i think is a good idea also, because there allways has been a gap between lwt and blp based on big diff between amp's dmg.
What i mean is that the madox4 users will also be able to use beast insted of dante.
The useing of dante made an unfair diff between M2875+105 or 106 and madox4+dante...diff that shouldnt exist as long as the dmg/sec should be allmost equal for 2 guns that have same 44 base dmg.
I mean, the smaller gun u used on blp the bigged diff between gun and amp, and it just like opalo+204 ...wrong...
So i think the idea was :"u use small dmg blp gun, u dont need high dmg amp for it, right?"....cause is same thing with opalo being nerfed...
So as long as the BEST amp vs eco was 204 for lwt wich did only 20 dmg, i think the best choice for blp remains beast with its 19 dmg for medium guns and ofc dante , but for ml's or camo's...and as long as MA said they will implemet new guns and amps, i think the equilibrium will be set from that side, cause it wasnt such a thing till now with opalo+204 vs mk2+103...
I mean why should there be a huge diff between best lwt amp and best blp amp?...
If ppl want to use madox4+dante and do 75 dmg, i want "A208"+2875 to do 75 dmg also...why should i do 60 dmg with 105??...cause best choice would be 204+2875 wich is 64 dmg, still 11 dmg behind, but it cost 5-6 times as madox4+dante combo..
So i think is fair 63 dmg for M4+beast vs 60 dmg for 2875+105, as long as madox is faster...there still is a plus for blp here...not equal....
Gratz to MA!!!

madalina said:
The ones that are upset are the old players wich didnt had the opportunity to skill up with opalo+103-204.....so i think is a good thing to drop it to opalo+101 max:).
nah :silly2:
i was planning on skilling with mann+amp eventually, until now, but not really upset about the change. i'll find alternatives :)

dakini said:
snip
Well the first thing i have to say that many of you (not all, but many) forget is that

MA is not stupid

why oh why does this fact get ignored everytime MA changes the world????

just as an aside... I bet your government has changed tax rules... and I bet only 1% understood it at the time....

I'm not trying to compare MA with governments.... MA aren't quite that "sophisticated".

i'm also not trying to call all players in EU stoopid or shortsighted.... but if you can't see past next months deposit/loot count then you are stoopid and/or short sighted....

I have to say... take a deep breath, think, look past your decay bills....

one of the guys in my Soc hunts with a Mad IV/Dante and I am constantly amazed by his returns :) I hunt with not a Mad IV / Dante and do quite well thx :p If you hunt with an expensive tool you have to expect high overheads ;)

one final flippant point...at the minute n00bs can amplify a rifle by 800%... why can't I amplify my 102 dmg rifle by that much??? let's face it amplifiers are linear.... ;)

Excellent news. I can reclaim this 2 gigs of hard drive space that's being used up by EU. :laugh:

rictofen said:
Excellent news. I can reclaim this 2 gigs of hard drive space that's being used up by EU. :laugh:

of course you can...... buy a bigger hard drive :rolleyes:

AkiranBlade said:
Well this is clearly not the case.

I went out with an amped Opalo last night, and on 50ped of ammo I made a net loss of 20peds. That's far from profit.

Thats what almost all my hunts look like and no I do not profit........Crappy VU :mad:

just thought of something, imagine blp opalo +dante......couldn't have that happen could we ? :D

Request for clarification

After talking with a society member I might have misunderstood how the new amps might work. So im requesting clarification.

I got the impression that new good amps made would be restricted only to rifles and would not be allowed to be attached to any hand gun. Totally locking out all pistol users from any nice new amps?

My society mate thinks this is not the case.. And at worse may be only a penalty of some damage?

If the second case is true I really don’t have to much objections to the new system.. I really though pistols uses where being locked out of any good new units that might have been made available to rifle uses.

For example like an new rifle only amp for a imk2 that gives 30, 40, 50 more points of damage while us mm uses are stuck with a max ability of a 204 amp at best. Thats what I was thinking at frist!

Last edited:
Nicole said:
Request for clarification

After talking with a society member I might have misunderstood how the new amps might work. So im requesting clarification.

I got the impression that new good amps made would be restricted only to rifles and would not be allowed to be attached to any hand gun. Totally locking out all pistol users from any nice new amps?

My society mate thinks this is not the case.. And at worse may be only a penalty of some damage?

If the second case is true I really don’t have to much objections to the new system.. I really though pistols uses where being locked out of any good new units that might have been made available to rifle uses.

The new amplifiers are going to be attachable to the handguns as well. This is the maximum amount of dmg/sec some of the weapons are going to be able to reach after the update:

Code:
Improved MK II			108 Dmg/Sec
Ancient Improved MK II		120 Dmg/Sec
Improved MK III			126 Dmg/Sec
Modified MK II			138 Dmg/Sec
Modified EP-40			143 Dmg/Sec

Edit: Fixed a error.

Last edited:
Just gimmie my goddamn arms and ammo without a bunch a corperate bullshit!!!

I miss *PE*......... :(

Ok, I did read through most of it. Let me throw in my pecs.

The amp change is going to be an interesting one, indeed. We have yet to see what will happen.

First off, I'm nearly 100% sure, that the "looting pattern", thats been present since the infamous "opalo VU" will change, along with the implementation of the amp changes, so the system will get completely rebalanced. The player spending habits will rebalance it, together with the guy, who has job title "Looti...err Balance Manager".
In short...don't worry - you won't be getting "opalo loot" when hunting with higher weapons, which is basically the current situation. About time it got adressed.

Second point: This change also adresses the huge gap between "entry level hunting - midlevel hunting".
If you are a "pro hunter" in this VU, you should know, that 5.0 hit ability is the optimal threshold, when your efficency with "non-opalo" weapons, actually starts displaying tangible results. For the record, 5.0 ha, is reached at nearly 7 fecking thousand rifle/handgun, if you are going the natural way.

Let me say it again, and break it down real slow for you:

7 0 0 0 (Seven thousand)​

Yes, serious hunters, who play on low budget, actually do skill up to this level with opalo, because there ain't any real alternatives for them.
If you think, that's normal...well, you like this game too much :)
For the record - i went from zero to 5k rifle with opalo. No chipping whatsoever. I nearly quit this game because of that, lol.

And the final point: Noobs ain't going nowhere. Mindark can't afford turning this game into "Cannibal Holocaust Universe" - they will implement a solution, to keep "entry level gaming" viable.

Yes, all these changes will present a lot of shortcomings. Unstable market. Midlevel hunters will have to go on a quest to find out, which tools are best for them. Ppl who bought a204 just got "ooowned ooowned oowned", just like the whippers in taming vu.

So, I think, its time to sum up my little rant here:

Loot will change, along with the system change. You won't be getting the same loot, you are getting now. If we look in the past, does anyone remember the drastic shift, when opalo was introduced, and how it nearly killed longblade hunting?

There will be plentiful economical weapon/amp setups, to try out, and hunt with, for all levels of players. The more, the merrier if you ask me.

The huge gap between noob-midlevel will finally get adressed, maybe not in a perfect way, but still its better than the current situation.

Noobs ain't going nowhere.

Over and out.

Recoda said:
The new amplifiers are going to be attachable to the handguns as well. This is the maximum amount of dmg/sec some of the weapons are going to be able to reach after the update:

Code:
Improved MK II			120 Dmg/Sec

First thank you for the reply :)

ok so if my info is correct using wiki

The imk2 old system is capable of doing max 92 damage per second with a 204

The MM old system is capable of doing max damage 124.7 per second with a 204

MM used to do 32.7 more damage per second then imk2. (That’s the reason I picked it)

The Imk2 will have 126 new max damage + 36 damage

The MM will have 143 max damage + 18.3

Not as bad as I though but keep in mind that the mm has only 49.5 range... and the imk2 has 104.5.

Clearly the weapon that benefits the most from this change is really the imk2!

In fact any benefits the MM might have had are almost totally lost doe to range of imk2 .and its +36 damage per second.. Not to mention it’s a pain to have to fire MM on max reload..
I Really did major damage to my whole arm because of it.

used to be a huge difference in power with old system. Kinda made up for having to fight very close to mob and taking a lot of armor decay, or if in team to have to wait till the mob comes into range.

With the new system the damage difference is so minute of only 18.3 DPS That it really does pay to use imk2 for less weapon decay, more range.. , maybe even less armor decay. Seems very unbalanced to me...!
If you hunt in team Damage Determines with some one that uses imk2 and you use mm you might be in for a shock of your life time with very bad loot returns. :( This used to be the other way around :)

Some might say that these are changes you have to accept and evolve too... I say if you buy a sports car and then some time latter the manufactory wants to change your engine to a slow fuel economy one, are you really getting a sports car?

Last edited:
Marco|MindArk said:
Just to make it clear - no stats on any Amp will be changed in the VU. It is just that a high-level amp will work less well on a low-level weapon.

An example: Amp have Max Dam 20. It is put on a weapon with Max Dam 10. The combo will yield a Max Dam of 15 (10+5).
It is put on a weapon with Max Dam 20. The combo Max Dam is 20 (10+10). It is put on a weapon with Max Dam 40. The combo Max Dam is 60 (40+20).
It is put on a weapon with Max Dam 100. The combo Max Dam is 120 (100+20).

Yea right, so if I put my Dante (+31 dmg) on my Delta (44 dmg) I will now get 66 max damage instead of previous 75?! Clever! :mad:

And all low dmg weapons are screwed, they become even more worthless. Poor new players, they wont stay long.

Nicole said:
First thank you for the reply :)

Just remember that this is the maximum possible dmg/sec for these weapons, in the old days, it was unlimited, after the VU, it'll be limited to a certain figure.

And don't forget that we may never recieve an amplifier that'll bring the MM up to 140 dmg/sec. It's possible that we'll get a amplifier which adds +36 in damage, and that wouldn't exactly be efficient on the Modified EP-40.

The maximum damage on an amplifier would be 33 in order for it to be efficient on the Modified EP-40, anything above that would reduce its economy. Anything above +36 in damage would reduce the Imk2s economy.

The Modified Amplifier added around +50 in damage, so it'll only be useful on the long ranged rifles such as the Adj M61A5. The Adj M61A5 will be able to reach a maximum of 70 Dmg/Sec though.

It all goes down to which kinds of amplifiers we're going to recieve.

Maximum dmg/sec on some other weapons:

Code:
Omegaton M71A2			67 Dmg/Sec
Improved Fire Forge 8000	69 Dmg/Sec
Adjusted M61A5			70 Dmg/Sec
VAT-100 Mentor Edition		71 Dmg/Sec
Starkhov AS-147			74 Dmg/Sec
Meckel & Loch ML-35		76 Dmg/Sec
Maddox IV			78 Dmg/Sec
Adjusted Starkhov AS-97	 	81 Dmg/Sec
Starkhov AS-129			81 Dmg/Sec
FreanD Epsilon			82 Dmg/Sec
Starkhov AS-147 ME		83 Dmg/Sec
Modified Starkhov AS-117	93 Dmg/Sec
Camo Jungle Stalker		94 Dmg/Sec

The Starkhov AS-129 just became a whole lot better than the Starkhov AS-147.

Baconburgare, just think of this example:

-Mk5+A204 cost about 15k ped atm and is a gun that fires at 1.15 sec reload with 79 dmg.
-As147+dante cost about 5k ped ( 3 times less ) and it fires at 1.05 reload with 83 dmg.

Does that seem right for u?.

How about u put beast on a as147 and do same 79 dmg as mk5+a204?...and in the same time lower price of a204 so that the both combos cost same?.

I think ppl will find that more rationable and dont leave game:)

Cheers!

I wish I could afford anything better than a Mk II :rolleyes: . So with my skills it will be even more "fun" trying to get to the next level. Bottome line-I need to see it to believe it.

hmm so amp eco is going to be based on the gun..
(guess more power to the uberz)

can't wait untill a VU where armor efficiency is set by evade & defense skills..

sarcasmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

gg @ the hud tho

Recoda said:

Code:
Improved MK II			120 Dmg/Sec

Improved Mk.II is 60 attacks/min leaving it with a theoretical maximum 108 dam/sec. Ancient Improved Mk.II would have a theoretical max of 120 though.

So no fears Nicole, MM would still have 35 dam/sec more than Improved Mk.II if amps of 33 and 36 dam were introduced.

Avery said:
Improved Mk.II is 60 attacks/min leaving it with a theoretical maximum 108 dam/sec. Ancient Improved Mk.II would have a theoretical max of 120 though.

So no fears Nicole, MM would still have 35 dam/sec more than Improved Mk.II if amps of 33 and 36 dam were introduced.

Oh, yeah. You're right, I must've somehow have mixed up the Ancient and the Regular carbine.

Epictetus said:
Agree completely. I understand the need to do something about people using the Opalo and A105, A106, etc. but this will really hurt those of us who were using the Maddox/Dante combo to hunt mobs with large HP.

It might no longer be a great option for mobs with high health, but Maddox+Beast is still very very good for the price. 74.6 dam/sec and 4.24 dam/pec.

madalina said:
Baconburgare, just think of this example:

-Mk5+A204 cost about 15k ped atm and is a gun that fires at 1.15 sec reload with 79 dmg.
-As147+dante cost about 5k ped ( 3 times less ) and it fires at 1.05 reload with 83 dmg.

Does that seem right for u?.

How about u put beast on a as147 and do same 79 dmg as mk5+a204?...and in the same time lower price of a204 so that the both combos cost same?.

I think ppl will find that more rationable and dont leave game:)

Cheers!

Those weapons costs what people pay for them. There's always been a higher demand for laser-weapons. And average people can't afford weapons at those prices anyway.

What I was trying to say is that MA made the Dante/Delta combo useless. The best I can put on Delta now is Beast. So the Delta+Dante is now worth 200 PED together? BLP is screwed unless I upgrade my weapon to something I have to pay 5K PEDs for?

I say listen to the community and start working on all stupid bugs instead of nerfing the game with fancy graphics and other stuff that no one wants.

If I'd start playing today I'd probably quit pretty instantly. Sliding and lagging around is really embarrasing for MA imho.

P.s.
Not sure why I say Delta when I have a Maddox IV, anyway, they are pretty equal.

Read most of this, as I see it the days of possilble breaking even with Opallo are gonna be over, Its going to cost more to kill stuff and the loot will be the same,

I like the new hud.

I hope the new amps come and help towards getting the current effects with Opallo and 104 or what ever, I say this though with all seriousness, if Ma make the new amps Limited I will become a miner and hunt no more.

Once this is done Marco are we EVER gonna get the other promises? Taming and Mindforce?

Why dont MA do things the players want instead of things that tend to cost the player more to do the same thing.

These are obviously thoughts prior to seeing the VU, Will have to see how its implemented.

Marco|MindArk said:
Just to make it clear - no stats on any Amp will be changed in the VU. It is just that a high-level amp will work less well on a low-level weapon.

An example: Amp have Max Dam 20. It is put on a weapon with Max Dam 10. The combo will yield a Max Dam of 15 (10+5).
It is put on a weapon with Max Dam 20. The combo Max Dam is 20 (10+10). It is put on a weapon with Max Dam 40. The combo Max Dam is 60 (40+20).

If put on weapon with max damage 20, the combo damage with the amp should be 30.

Marco|MindArk said:

This is not right, in teory the stats on the amps havent changed, however by adding the 50% out of max dm you have changed the stats on the amps. The system on how amps work is a part of the stats on the amps.
And i would like a comment on why you think its okey to ruin the dm/sec and eco of almost every blp weapon ingame, its not like blp ist expensive enough to use as it is.

Back