VU 9.4 vs VU 12.4

Which version of EU did(do) you enjoy more?

• VU 9.4

Votes: 132 58.7%
  • VU 12.4

Votes: 93 41.3%

• Total voters
I miss the loss of community. As mentioned, vehicles caused the demise of TP runs. Also the kill X thousand mob missions have helped create a mind set of solo hunting only. If you set up a team hunt, someone will say " hey I have this mob mission open and am not getting kill credit" then your team disbands.

Last edited:
Guess someone at MA saw this.

the main reason u guys are going to like 9.4 vs 12.4 is you could have the ability to ATH

those days are gone... i dont think MA made offical statement... but i will say they are offically gone...

Good by ATH... welcome 1k pedders :(
(note maybe once a month or couple times a year we will see ATH....but the good old days are gone)

:ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh:

TP runs by running are virtually impossible for a new player now due to the speed of all mobs in-game. I cant outrun an Exo young with 90 agility so how does a player with 5 or less outrun one?

Dont believe me? Try outrunning anything - I think about the only one you'll be able to do it with is a Combibo Young.

Helicopters are the new "TP-run" vehicle carrying up to 5 passengers.

:tprun:

As far as I remember when I started playing in 2007, you very rarely outran any mobs on TP Runs, especially as a new player with low agility.
You got from A to B by the one or more of the following options:
- you avoided mobs by going around them in a safe distance
- you swam along the canals and pray not to encounter anything aquatic
- you lead pursuing mobs to water or trapped them on trees and rocks (when mobs were still :dunce:)
- you revived/teleported (T) at strategic points to take a short cut to the next outpost / TP
- you took your heavily armed friends with you

Ahhh, I've come over all warm, fuzzy, and nostalgic-life just talking about it. :rolleyes:

I always thought you were Dar Es Balat who posted on mmorpg he started playing jan 2 2010. That isn't you?

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/...A-players-story-from-beginning-until-now.html

I honestly think If you haven't played both you shouldn't vote, and that doesn't make your vote as valuable as anyone elses.

Yep thats me. Havnt played does not mean not being aware of. The game has appeal to me now that it did not then.

You're telling me that the appeal of a game is not something that should be considered when a person votes on a topic of preference. Appeal is the very essence of preference.

TP running? I do not comply. :confused:

Can someone explain this to me?

Everyone knows you float as a ghost to new TP locations.

That, or simply just outrun most mobs. What with doing 20 m/s and all, it's not that hard.

It's 2003, yeah? :dunce:

That, or simply just outrun most mobs. What with doing 20 m/s and all, it's not that hard.

LOL I remember that.. it's how I got half of my tp's, die as a ghost and then simply fly further to the next tp.. and yes you could run faster than certain mobs. armax, molisk, atrox young even... run away, turn around shoot, run away and repeat..

Good to hear some players still around from VU 2.0 (or whatever it was) ;)

another 250$ gone

this game really... and very easily could cost someone 50,000$-100,000$ a year just playing casually... a few hours a day... amazing

another 250$ gone

this game really... and very easily could cost someone 50,000$-100,000$ a year just playing casually... a few hours a day... amazing

losing "only 250$" is a good day to some in this game....the #1 hunter in game atm lost 500+$ today...

so really my 250$ is nothing if you really wanna look at hard core players

so my question is...
why lose 100,000$ to make 3,000$ hof...
really something is wrong with this game :(
please fix it!
20-60% returns constant are terrible... ever since loot change...
FIX it... while there are still people to play this game

losing "only 250$" is a good day to some in this game....the #1 hunter in game atm lost 500+$ today...

so really my 250$ is nothing if you really wanna look at hard core players

so my question is...
why lose 100,000$ to make 3,000$ hof...
really something is wrong with this game :(
please fix it!
20-60% returns constant are terrible... ever since loot change...
FIX it... while there are still people to play this game

What gear are you using and what level prof are you?

Yep thats me. Havnt played does not mean not being aware of. The game has appeal to me now that it did not then.

You're telling me that the appeal of a game is not something that should be considered when a person votes on a topic of preference. Appeal is the very essence of preference.

You can't prefer one over the other without first experiencing both.
If you haven't experienced both, you cannot have a preference, just an opinion based on half the picture.

Both had good points and bad.
I personally preferred 9.4. Was more like I was part of a story...
Plus I seemed to be able to do more adventurous activities without going broke all the time, what this is related to I have no idea, could be community, could be loot, could be anything. It's just my perception.

What gear are you using and what level prof are you?

UL rainbow... up to tier 4...
Grem + 5bs...

and skills to go with it... 220 hp

I have a perfect picture that shows why I am losing my ass and others profit...

just an example...

i am about 2-5k peds short of loot as my peers in this case... and in most cases...

#1 hunter has 246 peds per global average
#2 hunter has 339 peds per global average
#3 hunter has 269 peds per global average
#4 ME... 157 peds per global average
#5 hunter has 388 peds per global average...

So you see i am #4 hunter but number like 50 looter ;)
so i will stick to these till i get my missing loot... should be 2500 peds min.

that is how you lose 50-250$ every day of your life playing a game...

Last edited:
UL rainbow... up to tier 4...
Grem + 5bs...

and skills to go with it... 220 hp

I have a perfect picture that shows why I am losing my ass and others profit...

just an example...

i am about 2-5k peds short of loot as my peers in this case... and in most cases...

#1 hunter has 246 peds per global average
#2 hunter has 339 peds per global average
#3 hunter has 269 peds per global average
#4 ME... 157 peds per global average
#5 hunter has 388 peds per global average...

So you see i am #4 hunter but number like 50 looter ;)
so i will stick to these till i get my missing loot... should be 2500 peds min.

that is how you lose 50-250$ every day of your life playing a game...

thought i should also mention i burn about 1250 peds an hour in weapon decay...
and more if u add armour...
so 6 hours x 1200 or so... = 7200 peds burnt... x 50% returns = 360$ loss... and 50% seems to be an ok day

thought i should also mention i burn about 1250 peds an hour in weapon decay...
and more if u add armour...
so 6 hours x 1200 or so... = 7200 peds burnt... x 50% returns = 360$ loss... and 50% seems to be an ok day

and still you dont change anything you do.. because you seem to be very confident that you will get the money back some how.. so I say keep at it.. instead of just buying a imk2 or a mm or any other gun wich the others on the tracker have.

and still you dont change anything you do.. because you seem to be very confident that you will get the money back some how.. so I say keep at it.. instead of just buying a imk2 or a mm or any other gun wich the others on the tracker have.

i am more eco and dps with rainbow then MM or Impmk2

figure ill add 1 more

Last edited:
Voted for 12.4 although I miss a lot things we had VU9.4

The actual new content and overworked content is way better than pre VU10.

I miss Kerberos too
I miss old Atlas Island, great area
I miss old Fort Argus great spawns around there, constant shooting on low mobs (1 shot overkill) and not runnning out of mobs.
I miss unique cities
I miss umbranoid places
I miss fun content (the skeletons, the smily)
I miss a lot of really nice spawns
And what I really hate is the simplification of mining, damn that sucks big big big time.
I liked the old system with different finders for ore and enmatter, different refiners and different drillers/excavators.
Whos shit idea was that ???

Overall grafic is way better!
Mindforce got way better eco than back VU9.4 when ME was 200%
The missions are great
The new planets great
Space (well hate lootable PvP without save trading routes) but generally good thing to have space!
Crafters live became easyer due to lower markup on resources (ore/enmatter and looted resources)
Vehicles are great, especially air vehicles (enjoy the landscapes, damn thats really impressive!)
Shared loot, hmmm ok but more fair than the old most DMG wins all events.
Wave spawners, hell that rocks
PvP can´t care less, never been a PKer
Loot seems to be the same as always (average TT return) although I noticed a lot of L crap in the loots thats of no use (TT food).

Still wait for taming (hope that rocks when it is back)

Most systems I missed from PRE VU10 are already back or can be expected beeing back soon. OK, it took way to long to bring this systems back, but we all did know that MA is slow with such things. Still a small company!

Well Hangar owners have definately a right to feel pissed about the functionallity of hangar (no use at all, just a building), but maybe there will come a use for hangars aswell. Many good ideas to solve that issue have been posted so far in other threads.

Biggest + for VU12.4 === way better comunication between MA and the players.

For the whinners that EU is to expencive, hell then don´t make it that expencive.
Use low armor and low L weapons on relatively low mobs.
If you grind Atrox all the day, its your own fault if you lose a lot, there are so many other options that could be done relatively cheap.

Sadly the spawns at Eudoria are mostly shit. I really miss huge spawns of one kind of mob or mixed with other mobs at the same levels.

Today spawns suck, because low mobs are mixed with high mobs, so that you are always way overprotected against the low mobs, that decay your armor (you need for the high mobs) what makes you bigger loss (less eco) at the end.

Some example:
VU12.4 south of Skiron Feffoid (could be hunted naked or Kobold max) mixed with Hispidus(big maturity) needs big armor
VU9.4 at that area (no TP VU9.4) Atroxes (big maturity) mixed with Neconu (medium maturity) and Armax (big maturity), not really overprotected if you choose right armor for any of those

Oyster Island:
VU9.4 Cersumon (TBird, or Ghost with plates) electric mob, mixed with Mermoth (to slow to get into range to decay your armor) perfect no overprotection!
VU12.4 Cersumon mixed with Bristlehoggs - no matter if you wear TBird or Ghost for the Cersumon you are way overprotected against the Bristles that are fast range attackers and way more aggressive than pre VU10.

Gradivore LA
VU9.4 Gradivore nothing else
VU12.4 mixed with Atrox damn no longer naked with TT knife Gradivore hunting!

Leviathan spawns:
mixed with Rippersnappers and Razortooth, that really sucks!

Surely I can find much more examples where spawns have been fucked up by the mix of mobs, and the good spawns completely vanished. No really dense untaxed spawn anywhere!
Remember old Fort Argus, where you could hunt low mobs hours and hours and hours without moving and never run out of mobs, because respawn was faster than your killspeed, even when using a weapon that did 1 shot kills mainly.

What most hunters want is clean spawns with one kind of mob or at least mixed mobs that need the same armor setup, speak mobs that do the same kind and same volume of DMG.

If I look at Arkadia, the spawns there are great, even at RT it is way better organiced than at Eudoria.
Thats one reason why I hunted mainly at RT and Ark lately.
Althoug I hate the boring landscape of Ark and the lame missions there, its a nice place to hunt.
The most fun was at RT, really funny achievements, impressive grafic and awesome citydesign.
OK, RT needs a lot fixes, as around the noobs most mobs spawn inside the buildings, where you cant reach them (no entry to the buildings). Same things happen at the Zombie areas. But hell still fun exploring this planet!
The zombie wave seems to be bugged aswell, and at least one of the missions I tried is bugged to, beside that free NOOB FAP L that can´t be TT when it is broken (rofl!)! Sadly ND wont read this, hell seems I need to register at Rocktropia Forum soon :)

I will continue exploring the new planets this year, but regularly return to Caly.
There is so many options of activities you could do at EU that haven´t been there pre VU10 and damn it really became huge!
I like exploring, I like missions (no grinding missions 10k mobs aso) those explore missions. Some story missions, thats really entertaining at low costs. Killing 10k mobs, well good to have them, many people like grinding one mob :)
Think I will finish my first 10k Iron this year, too!

Todays EU offers a lot more options than it did VU9.4

i am more eco and dps with rainbow then MM or Impmk2

figure ill add 1 more

bad luck, low globals

maybe do something else, you should already have noticed that what you are actually doing isn´t that efficent than it should be (looking at eco and average global values).
Obviously Atrox isn´t your mob :)
Have you tried Neconu with that setup or any other mob maybe big armaxes, ambus, robots or whatever?

If loot is bad on a mob I hunt, I normally switch mob!
If next mob loot is bad too, I normally switch proffession (craft/mine).
That works for me, trying to force an UBER loot on one mob that actually looted bad, never worked for me.
Trying to force an UBER loot when crafting a BP that had bad returns so far, never worked for me.

another 100$ gone...

last time i log in for a while... got like 200 peds left lets see what i can do with it... better if i got MA bank info and just did a direct deposit for 30,000$-100,000$ a year

edit* just got a 675 ped hof... so less then 100$ loss now ;)

edit2* that hof is gone :)

edit3* to get enough peds for a hunt i TTed 500 peds of exception robot shit from that one event and sold 500 peds in high tier heremes :( so down even more then i thought... terrible

Last edited:
I'm struggling to get anywhere for the last week.

Even trying to do lesser level mobs, which as a mid-level hunter should be piecemeal for me, it seems whatever I do I get my arse handed back to me on a plate with a post-it saying "MindArk was here."

Even in mining, I'm using gear matched to my skills, yet I go out with 100 PED of probes and come back 20-30 PED return and similar figures with varying amounts of probes.

I was trying to do the daily mining mission, there is nothing daily about finding two 'higher value finds' e.g. get 2 globals. Basically, you got to get the biggest amp you can to achieve those missions, yet the feff cave one is a sinch!?!

another 100$ gone...

last time i log in for a while... got like 200 peds left lets see what i can do with it... better if i got MA bank info and just did a direct deposit for 30,000$-100,000$ a year

edit* just got a 675 ped hof... so less then 100$ loss now ;)

edit2* that hof is gone :)

edit3* to get enough peds for a hunt i TTed 500 peds of exception robot shit from that one event and sold 500 peds in high tier heremes :( so down even more then i thought... terrible

What also would be interesting to know how many mobs you had to kill before we got a global or hof.

Perhaps it is that some players have to kill 50 mobs before they get a global or hof while other players need to kill 80 mobs before they get their global or hof + frequency of item drops per player.

What also would be interesting to know how many mobs you had to kill before we got a global or hof.

Perhaps it is that some players have to kill 50 mobs before they get a global or hof while other players need to kill 80 mobs before they get their global or hof + frequency of item drops per player.

I will stop posting about it here... since i look at this thread and i have almost turned my unique(i hope) situation and tried to tie it to the problems talked about in the recent VU...

to answer your question i can go 3 hours of non stop killing with a fapper with out a global...
and for simple math sake... I can kill one of these Mulmun in 3 mins .. at a cost of 60-65 peds a kill
56-57 pecs a swing x 37 swings 20.72 peds burnt every min... including crits... and misses... (sometimes i will get 5-7 crits a mob 450+ dmg)
so lets say 15-20 mobs an hour... so i can go up to 60 mobs with no global that hurts :)

thats along time considering some back to back to back UBER ;)

Mulmun

Looter Elite

1898 PED

Sunday, January 15, 2012 04:25

Mulmun

Looter Elite

1747 PED

Sunday, January 15, 2012 04:19

Mulmun

Looter Elite

1860 PED

Sunday, January 15, 2012 04:17

anywho enough of me... back to thread ;)

i miss loot from vu9.4... but like the vehicles and other cool shit that has come :) and "energy amps" when they come possibly in the next month (update on the 24th)

I am just ready for umbraniods to come back next week... finally and get this terrible mob out of here

THANK YOU MA!!!

Last edited:
But its nice that you keep bumping the thread Joker :laugh:

BTW, some of you guys have been saying that you like VU 12.4 because of the improvements. I also love the improvements, new systems etc. that still does not mean that I enjoy EU more than when I played 9.4. The biggest thing that killed it for me is the design of PA/Swamp and the spawns of combibo there. I used to hunt them daily with TT weapons. Now I havent killed a bibo in a year :(

Lots of other spawns were killed... I sure hope something can be done about it.

I can sometimes miss the old days as well but when you think about the things we have now that we didn't have back then id say that we are in a better situation today. After all, chasing down a fleeing noob with a helicopter is pretty neat.

What I miss has more to do with the games atmosphere, something is lacking and that's one thing I want to look into during the coming year.

Hmmm.... that must be taming, right? :whip:

I can hardly remember the chronology of things, but for me the best time was few VUs after Crystal Palace opened (yet i could not hunt there because of my skills&gear) and untill the VU when snables started dropping imp2870s. The MA's quick fix was to remove drop of good items. Yep i liked my chance to loot a mod merc from a gokibusagi very much.
What i would like to take in future:
-loots, items
-plains,skies,colors
-cities, places of interest
-fixed damage value from a mob
what i would like to keep:
-search function in auction
-vehicles
-CLD
-voting
what i would like to wash down in the toilet
-(L)
-auction fee (really, 1PED was enough, but no fee and search is better)
-taxable land areas
-multiple-stage crafting
-huge hofs in favor of small but frequent
-RNG created landscapes and acid colors
-day/night change

Back