News: VU Postponement Notice

It shows that still a lot of work to be done and ya gotta do what ya must do to make sure that as few bugs comes with it.

And the hecklers go

But I still suspect that dog... :D

Best wishes, always expect the unexpected. Maybe this lends time to still add export of client settings and notes before another unexpected interference?

Perfect! Didn't save my print screen with keyboard 🥳

In PE time : "Ahhh the Egg..."
This year : "Ahhh the UI update..."

Hey, atleast you can use the ingame message function again :)

Will easter mayhem be extended now?

Fingers crossed ;)

Last edited:
Don´t worry Mindark, great things take time to come, just try the next time to give a real update date lol. Hope it gives more players into EU.
Good Luck with that!

And to the players.. Be patient. Good things come to those who wait...

I have been pondering this for a moment now,

Is the hardware failure related to storage?

Could it be that the update server either:
* had no redundancy and a raid-0 storage, in which a disk failed and thus ruined the whole array due to no hotswap drives?
* had redundancy as far as the machine goes, but both/all update servers ran towards the same NAS which had the raid-0 problem?

I do hope that the NAS storage was not a single-point of failure with any kind of critical information such as codebases if this is the case.

Pathetic as usual, gjgj

I don't believe its fair to assume that they lied in the postponment announcement, if they needed tech fluff jargon they would have said "technical issue" not "hardware failure", technical issue can be something like the coffee machine stopped working so everyone is in a bad mood, whereas hardware failure is very specific and basically means something made of plastic/metal/silicone blew up in someones face.

I don't believe its fair to assume that they lied in the postponment announcement, if they needed tech fluff jargon they would have said "technical issue" not "hardware failure", technical issue can be something like the coffee machine stopped working so everyone is in a bad mood, whereas hardware failure is very specific and basically means something made of plastic/metal/silicone blew up in someones face.
Sounds like a DILDOS🍆 attack to me

Like... what are coffee machines made of?
Yes but a hardware failure of something not related to the update wouldn't be called a hardware failure, if the CEO's fast charger port on the car broke, that's not a hardware failure in IT terms as far as the update is concerned :)

or their AI suggested instead of technical issue go with hardware failure as they are more likely to believe that? maybe the whole announcement was made up by AI

hmm, never tried asking AI what people are more likely to believe, but let's face it, we don't really 'believe' anything here anymore, do we?
All my initial thoughts, from coffee machine problem to AI stepping in or someone's usb stick broke have been mentioned here in just hours already.

Omg rise of the machines

Due to an unexpected hardware failure, we must delay the release of the VU which includes the UI update that was originally planned for 2024-02-20.

We are working hard to resolve this issue and we'll announce a new release date shortly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Originally Posted Here

it`s that dammed hamster wheel its jammed again !! or the hamster died from being over worked ?

I don't know what "postponement" means but I have to admit I'm loving this new UI. Everything feels so familiar yet refreshing, I didn't even have to remap my key bindings. I don't know how, but you guys did it this is the perfect VU.

Top job mindark 🫶 , 10/10 !!!

but let's face it, we don't really 'believe' anything here anymore, do we?
Lol no. And it's because following through on promises has never really been MA's strong suit. You pretty much have to take everything they say with a big grain of salt.

They say "hardware failure" but it really could have been anything. Maybe they caught some runaway memory problem with the new UI. Maybe the CEO had a last minute "tweak". Or maybe it was just a case of the Monday blues....

Whatever, it can be delayed indefinitely for all I care. Just like Unreal, if it happens it happens.

Hello @Jonas|MindArk,
Maybe you have some news to share seeing as you are browsing this thread?
Much appreciated if any new communication is available to be shared.

Can't say I am surprised. God help us with UE5. 🙄

Back