VU updates

billairboy

Elite
Bill Airboy Ivanhoe
I have not played much last couple of years, and right now I can't loged in at all because of problems with my pocket activation, so I have not keeped up with all updates and any changes, But what I can see no major updates since 17.0 at the end of 2019, just minor ones? Feels the update pace have been a bit slow?

A major version is always a big thing, new graphics, new camera, new taming, Space. They announced a switch to Unreal Engine 5, so that probably will be the next major version, but it's gonna take some time to get there.

Depends on the perspective ofc and what you are interested in the most. There has been a ton of new and cool content across most planets, with a revamp of missions and the skill rewards, lots of new instances, many new items and such. The update pace was anything but slow, in the past two years.

A major version is always a big thing, new graphics, new camera, new taming, Space. They announced a switch to Unreal Engine 5, so that probably will be the next major version, but it's gonna take some time to get there.
Yeah, read the Unreal Engine 5 news, sounds interesting, but I guess that is maybe two years away.

Depends on the perspective ofc and what you are interested in the most. There has been a ton of new and cool content across most planets, with a revamp of missions and the skill rewards, lots of new instances, many new items and such. The update pace was anything but slow, in the past two years.
I was more thinking on updates connected to the gaming mechanism, new features and development of systems. New stuff from the planet partners always come out a regular pace, but are more or less more of the same. I mean, what happened to the house building system? Did it die?

I was more thinking on updates connected to the gaming mechanism, new features and development of systems. New stuff from the planet partners always come out a regular pace, but are more or less more of the same. I mean, what happened to the house building system? Did it die?
Are you expecting ground changes every 2 years? :D

A lot of new game mechanics were introduced recently with the RDI and everything around it in the past 2 years, new types of attacks, buffs, mobs, the new set of instances comes to replace the beacons, making coordinated team play a must, which was missing since the old beacons... new development features introduced (see developers videos posted recently).
Even if it's a lot of content in that area, there's still never enough to please everyone and I would expect certain paths of development that didn't live to expectations and have very little potential and playerbase interest to just die/fade and be replaced by more content that is in demand. It's adapting to market demand
But then again, ppl expect grounds changes every day but also tt profit and also the game to remain PE. Nothing unusual :D

Back