VU10 Torrent Status Report

Never used bittorrent before, I used this:

http://download.cnet.com/BitTorrent/3000-2196_4-10211384.html

14.3% downloaded, a long way behind but then I started the download late.

currently showing at 300 kb/s down steady 50 kb/s upload.

Starts with a very low speed (10kbs) and picks up after 10%

estimate 3 hours left now.

As I doubt anyone will be logging in until Tuesday, theres no rush. :)

As for ISP...nowadays there are few. but F2S have a contract they still may do that honours their original ideals, despite being bought out ...the contract stands to date for me at least. UK ISPs aren't the best, but the UK isn't everyone. Some can definitely do better. Given speed or privacy, the latter is always top for me.
t

And what speed are you getting atm?

If you belive utorrent to be shite then you should probably read up on some stuff, utorrent has ~80% of the market.. for a reason. It's easy to use, and it's a good program.

And if you dont think any of my post havent been helpfull then you probably need reading glasses, what i have posted are the most usuall errors, ie they are not connectable resulting in crappy speeds. And the guide i have set up is darn easy to follow.

i think you should upload the ul slots a bit, not by much though but double it and see what happends, but dont max the upload speed, set a limit to that. see if you can up the max number of connections.

agreed

Get over your limited techinical knowledge. Or better...set up a problem support thread, then get your rocks off there. People are bound to have problems...you're there for them.

IMO you're one of those people who overcomplicate something simple.

t

100% :wtg::wtg::wtg:

I'll keep seeding untill VU10 is airborne. :yay:

Does "seeding" just mean leaving bittorrent running after the download has finished?

<- bittorrent newbie :)

And what speed are you getting atm?

LOL what part of I'm not bothered yet didn't you understand?
I'm not even started. No need and other things planned well before this.

My dicks probably bigger but I leave that to the people and purposes that matter...I could care less about pissing contests. I watch movies and live TV and have spare to use for three or four decent downloads..thats's fine by me.

EU I will leave as the only seeding torrent, then I'll tell you. Fuck knows how it makes your life better but it doesn't bother me :laugh: whatever rocks your boat.

t

Does "seeding" just mean leaving bittorrent running after the download has finished?

<- bittorrent newbie :)

Yes. It does. Easy isn't it? :cool:

IF you saved the original .torrent file somewhere easy to find and don't move the saved D/L you can restart anytime you like by clicking the torrent and saving it the same place (most apps do this for you anyway). Stopping or rebooting won't hurt.

t

Get over your limited techinical knowledge. Or better...set up a problem support thread, then get your rocks off there. People are bound to have problems...you're there for them.

IMO you're one of those people who overcomplicate something simple.

t

If uTorrent is so bad why are 19 out of 27 seeders that im connected to, ie people who have already dl the complete 3.77 gig, using utorrent? And the next to complete are almost all uTorrent :scratch2:

Im not taking the piss, its a real question. Not one of your suggested clients is listed my end.

uTorrent is slim, it doesnt have any malware and is fair in its sharing. Its no frills. Legion imo has done a good job bringing torrents to the EU peeps.

got it, 100% and seeding

LOL what part of I'm not bothered yet didn't you understand?
I'm not even started. No need and other things planned well before this.

My dicks probably bigger but I leave that to the people and purposes that matter...I could care less about pissing contests. I watch movies and live TV and have spare to use for three or four decent downloads..thats's fine by me.

EU I will leave as the only seeding torrent, then I'll tell you. Fuck knows how it makes your life better but it doesn't bother me :laugh: whatever rocks your boat.

t

Was just a question, no need to flip out :laugh:

You say Legion has done a bad job but when I ask you to back-up what you say all you do is talk about "dicks" and "pissing".

Ever thought about going into teaching, if so dont bother - you sir would be a train crash.

Last edited:
See? Toally n00b freindly eh? Great advice but not easy for someone new is it?
Luckily it doesn't matter.

I know, thats the problem knowing alot about these things, kind of hard to make all people understand, but if people just follow the intructions they will probably get a downloadspeed boost. That all that's matters, the faster people download the more people seeding at 100% :D

New computer today and I am off and running with the bit torrent. Unfortunately new computer not new Internet provider so with the capped speed it will take me 1-2 days to download.

ive got 11 out of 124 seeds
and 1166 leeches
mine set to max seed Max upload for now and will be leaving pc
on 24/7 for the forseeable future
cmon everyone
SEED
damnit clear all ure downloads to a safe folder for now and go VU:10 you can allways move them back seed seed seed:yay:

Last edited:
29.4% :)

Nice to see my connection doing up to 400 kb/s (it was recently upgraded)

My dumb new iPhone won't let me lengthen the 100% list or put space between columns for some dumb Apple reason. I will edit the list when I get home from work. Anyway keep the reports coming and I will keep updating the completed thread til we got about 250 or 300 on the seedlist :):yay

Seed people seed. Don't be selfish :)

Seed untill you have a 100:1 ratio :D

100% and Seeding! Hooray VU10!!!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

i think you should upload the ul slots a bit, not by much though but double it and see what happends, but dont max the upload speed, set a limit to that. see if you can up the max number of connections.

tweeked it a bit more and now have it running smooth at about 250kbs

setting on 5mb dl .5mb up cable connection:
max ul rate 35
global conn 600
torrent conn 400
up slots 4

just to help the community out

edit: 45%

If uTorrent is so bad why are 19 out of 27 seeders that im connected to, ie people who have already dl the complete 3.77 gig, using utorrent? And the next to complete are almost all uTorrent :scratch2:

Im not taking the piss, its a real question. Not one of your suggested clients is listed my end.

uTorrent is slim, it doesnt have any malware and is fair in its sharing. Its no frills. Legion imo has done a good job bringing torrents to the EU peeps.

here is the reason why everyone is using utorrent, seems i was a lil bit off on the numbers though :)

http://torrentfreak.com/utorrent-still-on-top-bitcomets-market-share-plummets-090814/

here is the problem i know MA so....

is it the wrong torreent ???

plz :scratch2:

some handbags going on... but what difference does it make really what torrent app you use? surely ISP and local traffic will have far more impact? im using Azure because i already have it installed from mucking about in the past, though it does seem slow, i cant see how a different clint will make a difference unless people set theirs to reject certain apps? :scratch: (IT professional that just never really needed or used torrents)

Done and done---took 59 mins. at 1.13 MB/s :D

some handbags going on... but what difference does it make really what torrent app you use? surely ISP and local traffic will have far more impact? im using Azure because i already have it installed from mucking about in the past, though it does seem slow, i cant see how a different clint will make a difference unless people set theirs to reject certain apps? :scratch: (IT professional that just never really needed or used torrents)

both yes and no, azureus/vuze can be a bit to much for some comps still as it's javabased. i know i had problem with it although it's better now. And utorrent is a much more light client so that could have an impact. also using bitcomet can actually slow down the entire swarm and that's why a lot of sites have that client banned. And different client has different possible settings so you can tweak it more etc.

ISP is the major factor.

As for clients, some are greedy and want to dl but not upload. So if im using a fair client and it requests data from you but it does not get data from you it will blacklist you so I dont send data to you anymore.

These "rouge" clients are good for getting small files quickly but if its a big file your client (and all others connected to the spawn) will soon learn that you are a bad egg and put you way down the priority list for data requested.

Between 1.4 - 3.2 kB/s on 2 Mb/s line...:scratch2:
ETA = 4weeks 5days!

I've tried all of the suggestions here to boost the dload speed but that's the best I'm getting. Anyone else on BT Broadband getting similar (or better) results? Maybe it's their cap I dunno, hopefully it will improve after midnight.

As for clients, some are greedy and want to dl but not upload. So if im using a fair client and it requests data from you but it does not get data from you it will blacklist you so I dont send data to you anymore.

so if, as is the case, i have no other torrents then the changes are i may be getting penalised? no matter, its will come. ive just let it all default, assuming it allows uploads, just tweaked to limit the upload to just under my known limit so it doesnt piss off the ISP.

@ Nevyn Dax above, im only showing 8-10KB/s both up and down, but have similar with any downloads this time of night (peak hours). leave overnight and it might be alot better as ISPs do less shaping and stuff goes through faster.

Back