Wait...what? *Auto triggered skill bonus*

This looks like a device to get people to keep shooting for another 5 minutes instead of logging off.

e.g. you've just had bad loot for an hour, spent all your ammo, so MA give you a skill bonus to get you to re-arm, and lose another 5 minutes worth of Ped.

Or maybe Loot is turned down (further) for the bonus period?

So it needs to be proved if this bonus is frequent, random, with no effect on other gameplay, before it can be considered 'awesome'.

well, "loot is down" needs to be proven as well as "further" before it can be considered not awesome.

Mr MA

well, "loot is down" needs to be proven as well as "further" before it can be considered not awesome.

- Who says this shit unless they work for MA?

Nothing needs to be proven, perception is enough to create market instability or decrease interaction...gamers are not stupid {removed}.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nothing needs to be proven, perception is enough to create market instability or decrease interaction...gamers are not stupid {removed}.

AMEN!

Menace

I could imagine someone not working for MA who would say such a thing. Therefore, your implied allegation that the guy you are quoting is a MA-spy is entirely unfounded.

From ark forum
attachment.php

http://arkadiaforum.com/showthread.php?9276-earned-skill-boost

This is pretty much as I expected it to be from description. Though I thought there would be a message in chat, not an icon.

This is pretty much as I expected it to be from description. Though I thought there would be a message in chat, not an icon.

Well it is a type of buff, so not that weird that it shows up with the buff icons I guess... Not apparent from that picture, but maybe there is a msg in chat as well? :dunno:

I guess it's a retention mechanic they came up with to keep players not logging out and keep playing. So all good, we get more skill and MA get's better retention and money :D

Well it is a type of buff, so not that weird that it shows up with the buff icons I guess... Not apparent from that picture, but maybe there is a msg in chat as well? :dunno:

There is a big text in the gamescreen.

{removed} I'll enjoy my 90% tt return in the meantime.

So how does one get this? was hunting for a while but I didnt get this..

Somehow this contradict with dev's notes where MA state that there is no such thing like "personal pool" be it loot, skill or whatever.
Cmon MA make up your mind - personal balance pool exist or not ?
More probably skill gain is nerfed again and you get latter as reward what you shud get naturaly by just doing it.

I want to MA explains how this works. I give them permission to even explain this in their "diplomatic" way.

i got this for 10mins today while mining.

After something like 200 ped with Archon's (on 47/46 prof levels):
(I think it was 5 minutes, so 4m59s)

Effect Over Time
Type: Skill Gain - Blades
Strength: 17%
Remaining Time: 4 m 59 s
Effect Description: Blade weapon combat skills increase faster.

Nothing needs to be proven, perception is enough to create market instability or decrease interaction...gamers are not stupid so shove the political spin up yer erse.

Skaffen said:
What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.

Christopher Hitchens

ahahahahhahahahah what a hypocrite

Consider yourself dismissed.

Somehow this contradict with dev's notes where MA state that there is no such thing like "personal pool" be it loot, skill or whatever.
Cmon MA make up your mind - personal balance pool exist or not ?
More probably skill gain is nerfed again and you get latter as reward what you shud get naturaly by just doing it.

In what way does this have anything to do with any personal pool? It's most likely triggered by killing a certain mob (ie you get it as loot but no item) or it's just a random chance that happends when you do something like pulling the trigger on your gun or crafting etc.

Mine far surpasses all others in this thread. I guess i'm an active fellow?
<removed link>

Effect Over Time
StrengthL 40%
Remaining time: 10 h
Effect Description: skills increase faster

ahahahahhahahahah what a hypocrite

Consider yourself dismissed.

Context !!!!!!!!!!!!...Context.

Thou shalt not kill....except in self defense.....Context is everything.

{removed}

Context !!!!!!!!!!!!...Context.

Thou shalt not kill....except in self defense.....Context is everything.

I'll dismiss you right in the face cock jockey.

This is so amusing ... poor skaffen so confused not knowing whom to snap at next.

Look in all cases to judgment avatars that have lvl 100 or more will receive no bonus because progress meter shows up to lvl 100.

so, it is lucky buffs...:tongue2:

i got the mining version and on my twitch got a clip of it done...
i thought about it the white bar on the progress bar some how that moves up and when that hits the point you get the bonus

In what way does this have anything to do with any personal pool? It's most likely triggered by killing a certain mob (ie you get it as loot but no item) or it's just a random chance that happends when you do something like pulling the trigger on your gun or crafting etc.

Dont know, i tryed to get it with hunting but to me didnt happen.
I hunted using MF chip.
Killed about 400 mobs untill last CTD frustrated me enought to not log in back last night.
But there are many posts by ppl who got it after killing xx mobs, or after decaying or after shooting 200 peds of ammo and giving impression that you must spend/decay/loose certain ammount of peds to get it and that is not random thing.
But if is not random thing?

Last edited:
Look in all cases to judgment avatars that have lvl 100 or more will receive no bonus because progress meter shows up to lvl 100.

Would be desirable if everyone got the buff for activity. At lvl 100 this wold make even more sense as progress beyond 100 is a painful crawl. A boost for acive ppl here would be good.

How is it possible to get this nice "auto triggered skill bonus" when I get CTD with "connection lost" for every 10 to 15 minutes??

Would be desirable if everyone got the buff for activity. At lvl 100 this wold make even more sense as progress beyond 100 is a painful crawl. A boost for acive ppl here would be good.

Think MA punishes people who are active and do depposit for we all know what it takes to get over lvl 100. A couple VU then all avatars got large increase in their lvl's if they had lower lvl than 100 and now they get bonuses if they are lower lvl than 100.

It's nice to know that MA appreciate the efforts and the depposit you do for after all it will not be easy to get up to lvl 100. Apparently, the only reward you get from lvl 100 is that before you missed the mob now avoids the mob your shots.

:twocents:

( The only thing left to check now if the mobs has a higher ability to avoid the shots than before when your shot missed them ).

Last edited:
Think MA punishes people who are active and do depposit for we all know what it takes to get over lvl 100. A couple VU then all avatars got large increase in their lvl's if they had lower lvl than 100 and now they get bonuses if they are lower lvl than 100.

It's nice to know that MA appreciate the efforts and the depposit you do for after all it will not be easy to get up to lvl 100. Apparently, the only reward you get from lvl 100 is that before you missed the mob now avoids the mob your shots.

:twocents:

( The only thing left to check now if the mobs has a higher ability to avoid the shots than before when your shot missed them ).

when you're maxed on a weapon it is the same as before, they just renamed it.

when you're not maxed you have two kinds of misses "target evaded" and "you missed" with the first being the same as with maxed weapons and the second being due to not having maxed the weapon.

I guess it's a retention mechanic they came up with to keep players not logging out and keep playing. So all good, we get more skill and MA get's better retention and money :D

As long as they haven't slowed normal skilling again to accommodate it or encourage people to go for it.

Last edited:
IF you guys pop open the progress bar you will see some skills that have a White band across it. some how that white bar moves and when it hits the other side i believe that is when the SKill bonus occurs has nothing to do with the amount of time you spend.

http://www.twitch.tv/strash333/c/2990277

what mining version looks like

anyways GL

If you have to use an item to get the skill bonus, it means you will never get defence related skilling bonus since there is no items involved for that.

I wonder if there is a skill bonus for crafters as well ......

Back