Wanna "PREVIEW" the game BEFORE you Deposit? - Then Read here...

JJO

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Hello EU community members, especially those new to our virtual universe.

I'd like to take the opportunity to give our newcomers to the game a PROPER demonstration of EU life and to show you a bit of active EU life from the perspective of a depositor.

My Primary Profession is as a hunter with Laser and BLP Rifles.

I know many newcomers are desperate to start hunting and if you go the non depositor route it takes hours of booooring sweating to just get a gun and 400 ammo, after one hunt you may or may not have gotten anything worthwhile or profitable enough to go out and do it again.

I also know that many of the newcomers i meet in the game are not stringent "I DON'T WANT TO DEPOSIT" types, many are just cautious as to what happens with their money, how far it will go, how much they will get back, what skill gain/loot to expect etc. etc.

That's where my little plan comes in. I hunt on a daily basis in this game, multiple mob types at various locations. I'm willing to take (Mostly on Weekends) a crowd of say 10 newcomers who have an interest in hunting as a profession, for a proper demonstration hunt. But it gets better, YOU guys choose the mobs and i do 100 ped ammo run (Pure ammo, not counting decay costs) and you guys get to see exactly what happens in a hunt. I will go in detail as to what gear i use or recommend, what armour, faps etc. I will also use multiple newcomer weapons and armours/faps if people would like to see a specific combination in action.

This will obviously show you what you can expect roughly if you max certain weapons (i'll only be using maxxed weapons or things i have SIB on) and since i max all the newcomer weapons i think i can cater to most newcomers at various skill levels.

Maybie you're not a noobie but a hunter who can use UL3 and would always liked to have seen if you can take Trox young with your UL and Shogun set, I can show you how effective this would be and recommend a better setup ikf needed, at no expense to yourself.

I might do mining at a later stage, I do mine but i wont call myself a proficient miner, more a LOOT POOL SUSTAINER :D, but this is in the works as well.

This is how i plan to have the first DEMO go down, we'll work on the format if there are some issues...

* Before each demonstration I will go over basic rules to follow, this is for your safety for things like if we get mobbed by a strong mob or you are injured etc. I'll do my best to keep everyone alive and well, but some armour and a fap will help you if you can bring it with you.

* This is a demonstration, not a team hunt and will be done in a team I make, loot will be set so i get it all. Please don't beg for scraps, if loot is really good i might be inclined to give something to the team members, this will be at my discretion and should not be hoped for by anyone joining the demonstrations. My primary focus is just that demonstration, not as a soup stand for people who just want a quick buck. This is for people who are at least in part serious about starting a hunting career in the game as either an initial or consistent depositor.

* Obviously some newcomers wont have the TP's we will be going to, I plan to do TP runs for people to the demonstration sites as a bonus, so i simply ask patience for those who have the TP's or i'll just try and organize different runs for different groups who might already have the tp's vs those who don't.

* This is purely for demonstration/knowledge sharing, NOT recruiting of members for the SOC i'm in or for Disciples for myself. I get a lot of disciple requests and i'll say this here so its dealt with before i need to explain it in the field, i am too busy in the game to take on a disciple/s at this point in time and i don't see this changing for the foreseeable future, please don't ask me to mentor you or your friends or to join the soc i'm in.

* Also, this is not a chance for people to try and sell or buy stuff, either to myself or anyone in the team. What you do in EU is your business, but in the DEMO team you leave all forms of trading at the "request to join team" pop up. if someone needs a quick 300 ME for a quick TP i'll allow it, but spamming I SELL OR BUY SWEAT messages will lead to a Kick from the team at my discretion. Repeated offenses will lead to blacklisting of your name and i wont allow you on a DEMO run again.

This probably won't be enticing to many new noobies so i don't expect a big response, but to those who are more serious about the game, this is your chance to gain some valuable insight at NO cost to you, to help you decide if its worth investing your time and money into this virtual universe.

For signups, please post below, comments and feedback on the above is welcomed. I'm gonna try and get the first DEMO going for saturday evening 18:00 MA time.

Very Nice initiative !

Why thank you :)

I figured this might help stimulate newcomers a bit better than showing them the nearest sweatcamp :D.

Might have some value for hunters who are trying to work their way ub the mob ranks and gear.

And since i cant mentor much, i feel this way at least i still give something to the community back, whilst still doing something i love in the game, HUNTING :D

nice idea, this could be good for people that have played the game before but have stopped for a while, even years, and come back knowing that they want to play. +rep and i hope it goes well for you. if you want and help at all (tp runs in advance or anything like that) dont hesitate to PM me

Wow ! Thats a great idea :)

Good Luck Rubi :)

(MA if you are reading you better give her good return to show the newbies that it is a good idea to deposit and skill up to Rubi's level)

;)

excellent! this is what i love to see, really great job at fixing this project up.

Good Luck

Excellent idea :)

I think this could cater to more then just the newbs as everyone really has their own style of hunting. Their own beleifs and procedures they follow beleiving it will get them the best return. im sure many would be interested in the demonstration if not for the ingame life lesson on how to hunt but simply to see how others go about it .

Im sure you'll get quite the response of people interested in this .

+ rep for helping the newbies :)

Thanks for the support guys :) i appreciate it, and i'll definitely let you know conners, always good to have an extra gunner or experienced player to help you on such things.

Now i just hope to see some signups :D, guess it will start a bit slow, but i'm sure they will come and then the fun begins.

Well, I'm not exactly a newcomer, nor do I see myself depositing in the near future... but it seems an interesting experiece altoghether. ;)

If you have one spare space left, may I tag along? :)

Do they have to pay for this? :scratch2:

From your first post JJO I assume this is a free offer.

I regularly do TP runs for beginners when time permits.

A great idea and if any time you need help on a run fapping etc please feel free to pm me and i may be able to help out.

Jung

I'll be willing to help out aswell. and if Iloot any low lvl pixie armor or antyhing I would be happy to give to to the noobs toh elp them along.
Can contact me via pm or msg jung and he will get a hold of me.

Cheers

Lexus

great idea... thx alot, +rep :thumbup:

good idea, +rep :D

although i started my 2nd stint last year, i did stop for a year, and only recently restarted playing. right now maxed m3a, but still wish to participate in this preview for sake of having a first hand experience of understanding how an avatar hunting on a 1K run at a reasonable level of his own will fare, with full setup, armor and fap. (i'm not a major proponent of using armor while hunting, seeing that i still shoot combibos and bercycleds in an attempt to be eco...)

will u be making more demos in time to come? don't think i can come today... sorry.

Absolutely not, this is a free service and like i stated, no catches or sneaky tricks to lure soc members or disciples. This is purely something i do to try and build the community.

good idea, +rep :D

although i started my 2nd stint last year, i did stop for a year, and only recently restarted playing. right now maxed m3a, but still wish to participate in this preview for sake of having a first hand experience of understanding how an avatar hunting on a 1K run at a reasonable level of his own will fare, with full setup, armor and fap. (i'm not a major proponent of using armor while hunting, seeing that i still shoot combibos and bercycleds in an attempt to be eco...)

will u be making more demos in time to come? don't think i can come today... sorry.

I'll be holding them over weekends and yes there will be lots of DEMO runs, so no worries if you miss the first one or even the second :) this will be an ongoing endeavour.

Well, I'm not exactly a newcomer, nor do I see myself depositing in the near future... but it seems an interesting experiece altoghether. ;)

If you have one spare space left, may I tag along? :)

You're more than welcome to come along, like i said this is for anyone who wants to see how a specific mob loots or wants to see a tougher mob run or just other weapons in use.

Once we have enough people to fill a team (think it's 12 ppl max in a team) the first one will be held.

OK i'm gonna try and organize the first event for 19:00 MA time tonight (thats sunday).

I'll meet anyone who wants to come along at Port Atlantis by the New Arrivals Zone.

If there aren't enough people i'll try and get some friends to go along for support or we try and spam a bit at PA and sweatcamp to fill team :)

Very Nice initiative !
That what we need to help newcomer, because we need em realy.

I knew I should have checked EF before going to sleep. :silly2:

Well, my family always has something or other to do on Sundays,
so I'm 100% sure they'll interrupt in the middle of the lesson.

Maybe next weekend? :)

hmmmmm, this don't seem to be getting much attention. Maybie most newcomers really do have no intention of depositing? :/

But my proposal remains on the table, anyone who wants to join a demo just needs to add a reply and highlight "DEMO PARTICIPANT" somewhere in their reply and you will be included in the team for the upcoming demonstration...

I guess this weekend I won't be able to go either. <:p

Sorry, got my graduation ceremony on Saturday and Sundays are kinda reserved for family activities, so... :silly2:

hmmmmm, this don't seem to be getting much attention. Maybie most newcomers really do have no intention of depositing? :/

But my proposal remains on the table, anyone who wants to join a demo just needs to add a reply and highlight "DEMO PARTICIPANT" somewhere in their reply and you will be included in the team for the upcoming demonstration...

I think a majority of people starting out dont browse the forums much. I know I didnt untill I had been playing almost a year. I think its a really good idea and will be really helpful to people starting out, the trick is finding them. If you have a disciple or or soc mate that is laying low for a few days low on ped have them advertise around pa or swamp camp a couple days before your run explaining what your doing and how to find this thread on the forums.

I never know when im going to be on, but I would also be willing to tag along and fap any of them who get hit/run dead ones back to where your hunting.

gl and have fun,

narfi

nice idea and great of you to help new players +rep

I wish you much luck with this project.

I think a majority of people starting out dont browse the forums much. I know I didnt untill I had been playing almost a year. I think its a really good idea and will be really helpful to people starting out, the trick is finding them. If you have a disciple or or soc mate that is laying low for a few days low on ped have them advertise around pa or swamp camp a couple days before your run explaining what your doing and how to find this thread on the forums.

Too true I think narfi. From my own experience it was a long time before I realised the full value of EF.

I am surprised JJO that there has not been more interest.

As narfi said in world is probably the way to go however that is a lot harder to cover ground than being able to post on EF.

I will mention it to a few friends and soc and maybe we can help direct ppl to your EF thread and see how it goes.

Jung

And since i cant mentor much, i feel this way at least i still give something to the community back

I am happy to see you write that. People helping the community at large is usually in short supply.. Do what you can and good luck on this expedition :D

D

Ok lets try again... :)

21:00 MA time tonight (yes friday) im holding the first DEMO hunt. I'll meet anyone and everyone who wants to tag along at New Arrivals Zone at 21:00 MA Time sharp, so bring your friends, bring your disciples, bring yourselves and come watch me maybie get another 5K hof :D lol (i just had to, so happy for that 5K mollisk :D )

gz for th 5ker!! :)
what are you hunting tonight? we have a few new people that ill mention it to, see if they're interested, just gonna make some food first ;)

im open for suggestions on mobs to hunt, if people wanna see mobs like spider young/big trox/scrips/etc i'll need to call in a fapper to keep things eco and going at a decent pace (sure nobody wants to see me fap myself half the time lol :D )

i'm really wondering how i can get this out to the newcomers since obviously most dont read the forum and i'm too buzy to spam PA lol.

But if anyone knows of newcomers or friends who'd like to see something like this, let them know. Next one is Friday 19:00 MA time, meeting at PA New arrivals Zone (by the ships ramp).

Back