Warp mined for the first time!

krazykat

Prowler
Cassandra Red Savage
Got pulled out of warp by a warp mine while on a VIP flight. The first time in more than 6 months of providing warp service that's happened to me. :)

Got pulled out of warp by a warp mine while on a VIP flight. The first time in more than 6 months of providing warp service that's happened to me. :)

Can you explain what this means for those who do not frequently travel in space? :) Thanks!

Warp mines (crafted) are placed by players (pirates) to intercept ships along a warp path (there are places in space to place these) for an amount of time.

Basically will pull you out of warp.
The only way to avoid them is to beat the mine with a warp drive of Higher Tier.
Warp Mine I will pull out Warp Drive I ships, but not Warp Drive II Ships.

I got hit twice so far, was pretty cool tbh, dreadnaught and a handful of quads each time I met em. They make quick work of most ships...though spend alot on upgraded ships. Privateers are generally much cheaper and easier to upgrade, thus most privateers are better, stronger, and more easily manned than a MS. :)

I run a warp I and II drive ship with some upgrades, so far the only thing the mines have done is give me some entertainment while I watch pirates skill me up.

I have some transformers in storage, but too bad i dont support pirates! gonna tt them!

It's things like this that make the game a bit more fun :)

I did not bother looking to see what ship it was, but I was being hit by ship guns - ms or privateer, not quads. Probably Windy's XXXII since there were no quads. The gunners were ErnestJ and Windy and it cost them over 20 ped in ammo not counting the mine. I got some good skills :)

I did not bother looking to see what ship it was, but I was being hit by ship guns - ms or privateer, not quads. Probably Windy's XXXII since there were no quads. The gunners were ErnestJ and Windy and it cost them over 20 ped in ammo not counting the mine. I got some good skills :)

Yeah those two bit thugs are always parked at Arkadia SS. Quads be warned.. Ernestj and Windy will attack you when you are coming out of arkadia... So please ensure you have no loot on you when leaving Arkadia.. Let them waste their ammo and get free skills.. ALso take off your armour when you are in space, so that you don't have to waste any money on armour repair.

Windy and ErnestJ have been warp mining space last 2 days and using the Dreadnought as their gun platform.

Bismark has also been pulled from warp.

It is for this reason that passengers carrying loot on an EFA ship are advised to log out and watch the web chat at efa.ms for announcement of safe arrival at spacestation.
Logging in too soon because the 'time seems right' for arrival is an unnecessary high risk choice and could lead to your avatar being looted.

Note that there are two things that help preventing from being pulled out of warp:
1. Better Warp Drives (II-IV)
2. Captain profession (works like Dodge in space :cool: )

It's things like this that make the game a bit more fun :)

It will make space pirating fun when logging of at ship wont help not get looted. Now its just waste of peds for pirates to shoot high SI ships. :scratch2:

Now its just waste of peds for pirates to shoot high SI ships. :scratch2:

After the stunts they pulled with the summons, I don't think anyone really gives a shit.

Its absolutely disgusting MA allowed them to stay in game.

Back