Warp Mines and Warp Gates

Kri

Old
Kri Kri Azgard
In recent days pirates managed to interrupt two warps during Entropia Fleet Alliance's scheduled flights performed by Kronan and Bismarck.

Turns out Warp Mines do work. As a followup investigation - Mind Ark did give hints in their initial post announcing space travel on how Warp works. A warp capable ship does not travel in straight line, instead it jumps to a nearest Warp Gate and then to nearest gate near its destination - basically zig-zagging.

A Warp Mine placed at one of these locations will interrupt the warp far away from Space Station and planet's atmosphere.

I believe that everyone should be aware of how this works - especially avatars staying logged on a ship waiting for atmospheric departure - some of you are very impatient and jump out as soon as warp is done.

At this stage it seems like most of the pirates have figured out how Warp Mines work.

Again nice advertisement and video...who were the "pirates" btw? ...I know it wasnt me. Or was it not "real" pirates at all and all this was a setup excuse to make another "important" thread on the forums?

Lol one would have thought that the explanation of what would happen (i.e. dropping out of warp) and the lack of attacks would make it obvious to everyone that this was a demonstration. But I guess not... :rolleyes:

Great video Kri :)
Thought now we can assume that all pirates will know ;)

Things to keep in mind:
Never leave hangar without pilot confirmation.
Fly with well protected ships if traveling logged in.
High lvl captains will get you to your target destination with less interuptions/delays due to their ability to dodge warp mines better.

Nice Video Kri :)

Has anyone tested warp drive size vs warp mine size yet?

Or captain proffesion vs chances of dropping out? ( I remember MA saying it would have an effect but not seen any tests yet)

It would be nice to know when you have bypassed one, like " warp mine detected, failed to interrupt warp"

Looks like we got some testing to do tonight :D :D

In light of the information gleamed from our own experiments with warp mines I see greater dangers than those posed by impatient passengers doing atmospheric docking. Ii seems quite obvious that some pirates have know for some time how Warp Gates and Warp Mines work. Their cries for the removal of logging out in space seems more like an orchestrated plan to relieve other Entropia Participants of a large amount of stackables in an extremely short amount of time.

The distance that Warp ships are bought out of warp from Space Stations with Warp Mines is quite considerable. With a good organised number of Quads and other possible Pirate Ships anyone getting caught with these traps can be made extremely short work of. A Mothership with over 100 k SI would require a crew of well in excess of 16 maximised RK-20s and Three experienced Gunners to withstand the onslaught that would occur if logging out in space was removed.

I have no doubt the moment it was removed there would be huge numbers of "want to be" Pirates camping every Planetary Space Station. I would also expect to see "Pirate Groups" form that included some larger ships. There are a lot of "Warp Capable Ships" that are seeminbly idle and a regular exchange of ownership as well.
John B Knight said:
Things to keep in mind:
Never leave hangar without pilot confirmation.
Fly with well protected ships if traveling logged in.
High lvl captains will get you to your target destination with less interuptions/delays due to their ability to dodge warp mines better.
It was quite obvious from the testing we did during the making of this video such skills are impportant.
Alainax said:

Or captain proffesion vs chances of dropping out? ( I remember MA saying it would have an effect but not seen any tests yet)

It would be nice to know when you have bypassed one, like " warp mine detected, failed to interrupt warp"

Looks like we got some testing to do tonight
I see questions also posed in regards to the skill level of the person placing such mines.
Are there any skills involved?(Decoy Dispenser, Support Weapons,Spacecraft Systems...)
If so, what level "Mine Layer" negates the skills of what level "Captain/Spacecraft Engineer/Dodger"

There may be room for huge amounts of testing here and at some expense. Calls for "Logging off in space" are looking extremely premature and driven more by greed and desires for quick PED.

I see questions also posed in regards to the skill level of the person placing such mines.
Are there any skills involved?(Decoy Dispenser, Support Weapons,Spacecraft Systems...)
If so, what level "Mine Layer" negates the skills of what level "Captain/Spacecraft Engineer/Dodger"

There may be room for huge amounts of testing here and at some expense. Calls for "Logging off in space" are looking extremely premature and driven more by greed and desires for quick PED.

From release note 12.1.0:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Warp Mines
In order to stop vessels traveling in warp speed warp mines can be dropped.

Warp mines can be dropped from smaller vessels and will be active for a limited amount of time only.

The success rate of bringing a ship out of warp speed depends on:
Placement of the Warp Mine.
The level of the Warp Mine.
Warp drive level of the target vessel.
Captain skills on target vessel.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
There is no skill requirement to the person droppng the mine except to find the right place (gatepoint) and time (when the ships passing through while the mine is still active).

Are the rotating things i see on in the video and have seen in the space time to time the warp gates?

Cool video, had never seen a warp mine in action before...

:)

Nice Video Kri :)

Looks like we got some testing to do tonight :D :D

We haven't tested Warp Drive level vs Warp Mine level yet but what little information we have can confirm that level 21 Captain will still be pulled out of warp by Warp Mine Mk I where level 27 Captain will not...

Gathering exact information will take a lot of time to test all possible case scenarios, but we'll get there :)

News? really? Dont run ships into warpmines for quite some months now already?
I know you are not able to be around the game for quite some time now Kri, but seriously someone of EFA could have told you all that "secret" info earlier ;)

Again nice advertisement and video...who were the "pirates" btw? ...I know it wasnt me. Or was it not "real" pirates at all and all this was a setup excuse to make another "important" thread on the forums? HarHar if there was good reason to use that mines at this stage sure it would happen more often in recent past.

Keep up the good work buddy, but dont try to fool around please :yup:

A lot of assumptions there Kenny...

First of all this is video was created and made public as a result of recent actions I have been personally witness of and worrying attempts on the forums you and your pirate buddies are making to push MA into removing logging out etc.

Second, this was no secret to me nor many of the ship owners, we have not made this information public as there was many pirates out there who did not know how this mechanic is working and we preferred it that way. Recently pirates shown ability to restrain their itching trigger finger and not to shoot each other on sight and team up.
The attack on Kronan few weeks ago shown that the knowledge of how Warp Mines work is known to many pirates and holding back the information from the rest of the EU community would only work towards pirate's advantage.

Another assumption you are making Kenny is that this video was recorded during an attack.
We have carefully chosen a very rarely used warp gate to perform the test in a controlled way. There were no pirates involved in this - the red triangles you see are only result of utterly broken Karma system - I have seen you and many other pirates with good karma, shooting back at a pirate with good karma will make anyone defending themselves drop in karma standing.

There seems to be a lot of 'important' threads on the forum about space alright, however most of them are started by pirates...

You could say that every post on forum anyone makes and mentions EFA or has an EFA signature is an advertisement.
This video is not made as an advertisement - its purpose is purely informative and hopefully it will save some people losing their loot to pirates.

We haven't tested Warp Drive level vs Warp Mine level yet but what little information we have can confirm that level 21 Captain will still be pulled out of warp by Warp Mine Mk I where level 27 Captain will not...

Gathering exact information will take a lot of time to test all possible case scenarios, but we'll get there :)

Thats really interesting, I wonder how many times a warp mine has been deployed and the ship not taken out of warp. Would be nice to have a little message pop up to say warp mine evaded or somthign similar.

I think we might test some higher drives and mines tonight also, so will compare results :)

A lot of assumptions there Kenny...

First of all this is video was created and made public as a result of recent actions I have been personally witness of and worrying attempts on the forums you and your pirate buddies are making to push MA into removing logging out etc.

Second, this was no secret to me nor many of the ship owners, we have not made this information public as there was many pirates out there who did not know how this mechanic is working and we preferred it that way. Recently pirates shown ability to restrain their itching trigger finger and not to shoot each other on sight and team up.
The attack on Kronan few weeks ago shown that the knowledge of how Warp Mines work is known to many pirates and holding back the information from the rest of the EU community would only work towards pirate's advantage.

Another assumption you are making Kenny is that this video was recorded during an attack.
We have carefully chosen a very rarely used warp gate to perform the test in a controlled way. There were no pirates involved in this - the red triangles you see are only result of utterly broken Karma system - I have seen you and many other pirates with good karma, shooting back at a pirate with good karma will make anyone defending themselves drop in karma standing.

There seems to be a lot of 'important' threads on the forum about space alright, however most of them are started by pirates...

You could say that every post on forum anyone makes and mentions EFA or has an EFA signature is an advertisement.
This video is not made as an advertisement - its purpose is purely informative and hopefully it will save some people losing their loot to pirates.

I wonder how well your services would do if there were no pirates in space? Maybe me and all the pirates will go on strike long enough for you to go out of business and then we come back :)

Thats really interesting, I wonder how many times a warp mine has been deployed and the ship not taken out of warp. Would be nice to have a little message pop up to say warp mine evaded or somthign similar.

I think we might test some higher drives and mines tonight also, so will compare results :)

I can also confirm that if a pilot/ship evades a warp mine the mine stays active until it makes someone else drop out of warp or when it times out (60min I believe - please correct me if I'm wrong).

I can also confirm that if a pilot/ship evades a warp mine the mine stays active until it makes someone else drop out of warp or when it times out (60min I believe - please correct me if I'm wrong).

ahhh so the pirates might drop one at a peak warp time, and wait for a ship with a lower captain to pass through it to be pulled. Handy for the pirates! :scratch2:

Good info :) I look forward to hearing and testing more!

I wonder how well your services would do if there were no pirates in space? Maybe me and all the pirates will go on strike long enough for you to go out of business and then we come back :)

Come on Xane , dont start to think about retireing, you just started out ;)

cool

Lot of good info here thanks,

Striking Pirates will improve mothership services and increase number of customers

Go ahead and strike Xane you and all the other pirates. Without you pirates being pesky motherships will be even faster and more efficient re: schedule flights and will get even MORE customers.

Go ahead and strike Xane you and all the other pirates. Without you pirates being pesky motherships will be even faster and more efficient re: schedule flights and will get even MORE customers.

Yoshii from now on you need to send me your posts for approval before submitting them for everyone to see. This one would have been rejected on the grounds of retardedness.

Cool story bro :D. Especially since 80 % of warp customers warp to save on time :). So many people on MS scheduled flights who aren't carrying lootable loot. (It costs 4 ped to travel by quad, and only 5 ped to warp :D).

Ii seems quite obvious that some pirates have know for some time how Warp Gates and Warp Mines work. Their cries for the removal of logging out in space seems more like an orchestrated plan to relieve other Entropia Participants of a large amount of stackables in an extremely short amount of time.

And, ahh... no it's not just the pirates who want to take away the "log off" function on an MS. Some players also want this function taken away because they feel space shoot be un-loopholed and truly PVP.

Last edited:
Cool story bro :D. Especially since 80 % of warp customers warp to save on time :). So many people on MS scheduled flights who aren't carrying lootable loot. (It costs 4 ped to travel by quad, and only 5 ped to warp :D).

And, ahh... no it's not just the pirates who want to take away the "log off" function on an MS. Some players also want this function taken away because they feel space shoot be un-loopholed and truly PVP.

I fly the Normandie regularly. If space were not lootable pvp, I would always fly in my quad instead. It's simply more convenient to fly when I want to, even if it takes 20 min. There is little flight service needed if everyone can just take their quads.

Anyone know the location of these Warp Gates?

Back