Warrior Armor

jetson

Hatchling
For the occasional and/or noob hunter that does not want to worry about the complexities of hunting the right mob with the right armor/plate combination it seems Warrior armor is the best all around choice for low level mobs if you want decent protection and durability.

I'm a noob so I am trying to determine the accuracy of my thought, please advise.

Depends a lot on what low level mob means to you; if you want something that can actually help you in the long run as well, I'd go for Knight.

I see your point (similar but better overall protection) but should Knight be my first armor? Seems a bit pricey. Am I over reaching on the warrior for my first set?

Knight is a bit overkill imo.

Warrior is a good first set.. not sure how widley availble it is though so price might be high at times.

Another option to look for is a step down to Explorer. Both Explorer and warrior are good base armors to add plates to as you change mobs and move up the mob ladder some.

If you do want to go for something a bit stronger then warrior, then rascal is a nice set. Cheap and good all around protection. (If you don't plan on getting plates you might want to think about this one).

JEHU

Go for Pixie, nice and cheap and easy to aquire, it's mainly impact protection but a lot of small MOBs are impact. Don't worry about the Penetration and Burn protection as new players should be leaving the robots alone.

Try Rascal UL, you can keep that for years. The only thing you'll need to buy are armor plates and healing tools when skills kick in. You could add these plates, 5a for increased impact/cut and 3b for penetration/burn: for small drones. Rascal has good durability. This armor will get you through tough times.

Last edited:
Id go for Gnome and whatever plates you need ;)

Warrior is a good first set.. not sure how widley availble it is though so price might be high at times.

Another option to look for is a step down to Explorer. Both Explorer and warrior are good base armors to add plates to as you change mobs and move up the mob ladder some.

Both Warrior and Explorer are available on demand at our Port Atlantis Mall store, level 1 shop 10, across from Auction, and you can can find our prices (which are reviewed monthly and based on the cost of crafting the armour) at our website www.southernfortress.com.au

Jetson, you wouldn't be the first person to conclude that Warrior is a good one to have on hand. It's one of our better sellers.

Tim.

I was always under the impression that Warrior didn't have the greatest durability.... though I was one of them noobs who went out and bought ghost at level 0 Evader :/

Menace

I was always under the impression that Warrior didn't have the greatest durability.... though I was one of them noobs who went out and bought ghost at level 0 Evader :/

Menace

Same here. Then nemsis as an upgrade when I still was nowhere near skilled enough to be using it properly.

We live and learn :)

Regarding armour choices:

I have 5 or 6 sets of noob armour in storage and about as many different sets of plates. I check the Armour Advisor on entropiawiki.com before setting off on a hunt to make sure I have the most efficient armour out of the armours I have.

The saving is minimal when you're hunting low level mobs, but every little counts.

Personally I'd recommend getting two sets - Pixie as your base set, then either Shogun, Paladin, Rascal or Gremlin. That then gives you the chance to plate for a very wide range of mobs.

I started off with Pixie then Rascal and later on i went Nemesis.

I would suggest Rascal any day and then just buy the different plates.... Low cost and good allround protection for newcomer mobs for a long time.

For the price its pretty hard to beat gnome and 3a plates.
A little more expensive than pixe + 2a plates but you get more durability and a little more protection which will make you more eco in the long run without really overprotecting you for low level mobs in your first couple of months.

Rascal is a great eco option as well. When you have skilled up some then shogun is a great option for stepping up.

If you are willing to do the budgeting and research you should also look into getting (L) armor and or plates. If you can buy them for less than 120% they are usually more eco than similar armor that is unlimited. You also dont get charged the 1pec per piece to take (L) armor on and off.

One option there would be Rascal(L) and then when you needed more protection get a set of mark.2D(L) plates. (if doing impact mobs, say starting with diakeba and then plating for argo)

Starting with the (L) armor and learning the discipline for budgeting will also help you understand the weapons better once you skill out of the opalo and start needing to buy (L) weapons as well.

A lot of people really go for the convenience of unlimited gear because it is convenient to not need to always be buying replacements, but if done properly you will save ped in the long run. It just takes more discipline and research.

If you want brainless/casual though you cant go wrong with pixie/gnome/warrior +2a/3a plates to start with

narfi

For the occasional and/or noob hunter that does not want to worry about the complexities of hunting the right mob with the right armor/plate combination it seems Warrior armor is the best all around choice for low level mobs if you want decent protection and durability.

I'm a noob so I am trying to determine the accuracy of my thought, please advise.

You've received some decent suggestions already. :)

For best overall economy and practicality, it is my understanding that Pixie is arguably the best new player armor for a couple of reasons.

• It is inexpensive.

• It is readily available.

• It offers mostly impact protection, which covers the majority of low mob damage.

Now, for a little bit of additional protection, simply slap on an inexpensive set of 2A plates. For additional enlightening information, please read How Armor Works <---- link

Also, play around a bit with the Armor Advisor <---- link

Choose Pixie, Warrior, and 2A's (FYI Dummy armor is Settler with plates, which is basically like plates alone)
Select mobs like Daikiba, Combibo, Exarosaur, Molisks to see the differences in estimated performance.

Now I've said all of that, don't always let the numbers rule your choices in this game. If you really want the Warrior, go ahead and buy it. I have a Warrior set that I used extensively with plates for a long time and am glad I made that decision. :cool:

Now I've said all of that, don't always let the numbers rule your choices in this game.

I agree with this!

This is a game, we are playing for fun. Sure we want to be cheap and practical, but we are still playing for fun. If it cost an extra 10 cents a day to look good, or to have less stress while playing then do it.

I am definitely one of the guys that gets hung up on numbers all the time, so its good to be reminded sometimes that its not always that big a deal.

gl and have fun in your adventures :)

narfi

I love my Gnome, although I am now using Shogun (which is a viable long term noob armor as well). Barelyly cost more than Pixie but better over all imo.

Either one you can loot yourself, although MA made the Gnome arms hard for me.

Also consider Goblin as it's just as cheap as Gnome, better than Pix and give some acid protection for snable hunting.

Never worn Warrior but it seems cheap and enough protection for noob hunting.

Tippin'

I have a set of Warrior and I use it a lot. The problem with a lot of the other armors listed in this thread as very good newbie armors is that they have much to omuch protection. You either end up getting a lot of 1.0 hits and paying a lot for armor decay, or you end up fighting mobs that are much to strong for you and you get a lot of armor decay as they hit you a lot of times before they die. Sure, you sometimes get that with warrior too, its much too strong for a lot of mobs.

Something I find nice about warrior is just how wide its applicability is, just how widely it covers the mission mobs and that it is a reasonable anti-robot armor. It is also quite nice looking armor.

As a semi-off topic note - entropedia lets you store your armor collection in armor adviser and quickly retrieve it. This also makes running 'what if' scenarious very easy. Just retireve your present colelction, add any extra armor / plates and see if you would actually get a benefit over what you have.

Back