Wave Event Timeouts..

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Kim

The Wave Event (Sand King) 'time outs' occur if the Rex are not killed in 20 mins for each stage. This is really frustrating and a waste of ammo, can 'time-outs' be disabled please?

Seems that the Wave Events have enough players between the peak hours for the USA and Europe, but not enough players online for the Asia-Pacific region. At least let those of us on the other side of the world slowly grind through the Rex stages in our timezone for a chance at the SandKing, even if it takes 5 of us 5 hours to do so!

Cheers
Bjorn

0635 Spawn 20 Dec 2011.....I am the only player there?
Time out
0956 Spawn 20 Dec 2011, lets see what happens

Last edited:
It might be difficult to do at various level..

First if you can't go beyond wave 7 or 8... it'd be hard, and would be very protracted for the subsequent stages..

If MA systematically reduce the number of mobs during specified time then it'd be unfair to other regions players as they have to grind through a larger number of mobs. to get to the sand king. Also, in that case (protracted early stages) consider the time that'd require to finish the sand king!

MA should not decrease the HP of the Sand King, and keep the same loot algorithym.

I think only a reasonable option (alternative) would be a timer for completion of 50 or 75% of the mobs. Once that number is achieved within certain time... the timer would stop for that wave and restart after a new wave...
This approach will ensure no time out for unreachabe mobs or difficult to find mobs.... or just for few mobs..

However, IMHO, currently the way SK wave is structured, is pretty fine, except 2 outstanding things:

1. Unreachable sand king.

2. Loot continues to be very poor..

EDIT: BTW i'm a bit sleepy, and so there might be gaps in my reasoning!

Last edited:
if they set the wave event at a fix time every day maybe more poeple would know what time the event is going to start and would be there

if they set the wave event at a fix time every day maybe more poeple would know what time the event is going to start and would be there

If I'm not wrong, I think, the current setting allows max of 4 (2.5 to 3.15 hrs for each + 3 hrs countdown time to the next) wave event in 24 hrs...

So i guess it's possible to have 4 wave events with fixed start time. I'm not sure why they have done it without a fixed start time.

Yes, I think, the fixed start-time might increase the participation.... but i'm not sure that will be sufficient to solve the issue of time-out during non-US/European prime time due to low number of players.

Back