Question: Wave Hunting

Is wave hunting an exploit?

• Total voters
Track Time and Sizes of Globals with dates and u should see a clear indication on the "waves" and which day / time it usually pays out.
Somebody should mention the topic here was not "waves of HoFs" or waves of TT loot. OP was talking about rare loot waves.
Next thing that happens we got activists who will figure out how the system works and then post a public HowTo Exploit The System for everybody (in order to force MA to fix the problem).

Eventually ppl forget what we're discussing (about time, we're on the 6th page afterall), and we ended up with ppl who know how TT loot works (!)
Wow. Didn't see that coming. Well, that's even better. The Holy Grail of EU about to be revealed, the ultimate secret you always wanted to know but was too afraid to ask: "Making TT Profit for Dummies".
Bring it on! Can't wait to read! :wtg:

Y'now, it helps a lot if u at least have a foggy idea what u talking about... ;)

it helps a lot if you don't read literally every word in specific order and make a conclusion :laugh:

check entropia data. there are specific avatars poping up at certain timeframes looting big, while same mob drops shit to other people in other timeframes. ugh, random

Somebody should mention the topic here was not "waves of HoFs" or waves of TT loot. OP was talking about rare loot waves.
Next thing that happens we got activists who will figure out how the system works and then post a public HowTo Exploit The System for everybody (in order to force MA to fix the problem).

Eventually ppl forget what we're discussing (about time, we're on the 6th page afterall), and we ended up with ppl who know how TT loot works (!)
Wow. Didn't see that coming. Well, that's even better. The Holy Grail of EU about to be revealed, the ultimate secret you always wanted to know but was too afraid to ask: "Making TT Profit for Dummies".

it covers both, rare drops and general loot system. I don't know how it was 10 years ago, but sure isnt great now.

does it matter if Sweden timezone gets nice TT HOFs or rare item HOFs? same coin, different sides

My bad then, as I do not see "rare waves". But only "wave hunting".

Then we are on a different view. But MA helped alot with "rare" section on HoF board with that :p

it covers both, rare drops and general loot system. I don't know how it was 10 years ago, but sure isnt great now.

does it matter if Sweden timezone gets nice TT HOFs or rare item HOFs? same coin, different sides
If u wanna present another fancy loot theory, take a number. Actually, don't bother, we already have hundreds upon hundreds of different loot theories. Simple and complex, elegant and crazy tinfoil hat ones, theories based on timing, waves, timezones, countries, locations, landscape geometry, etc etc. There's a whole special section for em here: Loot theories. Go take look. If u search u will usually find out someone already invented your original theory years ago.

Only one problem with these, in the end we none the wiser.

Now, if your different, if u can give us something tangible, some instructions we can follow, steps we can take to get different return than everybody else, then we talkin'. Shouln't be hard to do if u really know what u talking about, right?
Do that and I swear, I'll be the 1st to declare u the Only True Prophet of Lootius. If not, well, as I said, take a number... :yup:

My tt returns are stable. Definitely not hitting big, but I'm not losing big either. And let's face it, grinding 6ped mobs isn't going to net me many hofs. I would like to see bigger hits in non primetime hours but I have a sneaking suspicion that if more people played at that time it would be.

I don't get it. Why people post pages of whine instead doing something?

Make a guide for wave crafting, hunting and mining and post the guide under all professions. Detailed descriptions how it works.

Once half of the game population starts using it, Mindark will react. Until then you can keep whining on a forum and change nothing. What a bunch of vags!

Valid point. I wasn't even aware of this until I saw this thread, and I'm still not clear on how it works or how people can predict loot. I just keep blindly shoveling money into the game. As long as there are dumb players like me, MA is not likely to change anything.

Valid point. I wasn't even aware of this until I saw this thread, and I'm still not clear on how it works or how people can predict loot. I just keep blindly shoveling money into the game. As long as there are dumb players like me, MA is not likely to change anything.
Well, it's not as bad as it seems. I never care about MU waves 99.9% of the time, simply because it makes no measurable difference with most mobs. And all the talks about predicting waves of average TT return is a myth, nobody can do that reliably (but many try it anyway as kinda guessing game or lotto).

How markup waves works is best explained by Marcimex (small mushroom waves) and Caperon (large mushroom waves). Those are mobs that have extreme difference between items MU in their loot which can justify extra effort to try to hit the wave and avoid the rest.
We can add here season/event mobs like eomon with it's ELM gun waves and few other mobs that drop ELM guns, few mobs on Rock and Cyrene that have been systematically wavehunted for MU in the past. Not sure if last 2 still work but even if, the gains vs trouble are so low most of the ppl never bothered even thou they knew about it.

How does it work? (Simplified) game mechanics work like this:
All loot on any mob is divided into "loot classes" - say,
  • Class 1: animal oils
  • Class 2: extractors, enhancer comps
  • Class 3: special rare drops (items, ESI, etc) which are usually skipped
  • Class 4: skills
  • Generic Class: shrapnel & ammo
Part of the loot is filled by cycling through Classes 1...4 (THIS is what ppl are reffering to when they speak about "MU waves").
The rest is filled with Generic Class that has no waves and drops always.

How does it work? (Simplified) game mechanics work like this:
All loot on any mob is divided into "loot classes" - say,
  • Class 1: animal oils
  • Class 2: extractors, enhancer comps
  • Class 3: special rare drops (items, ESI, etc) which are usually skipped
  • Class 4: skills
  • Generic Class: shrapnel & ammo
Part of the loot is filled by cycling through Classes 1...4 (THIS is what ppl are reffering to when they speak about "MU waves").
The rest is filled with Generic Class that has no waves and drops always.

Thanks for the explanation! Makes sense. But when they say "start hunting 5 min before wave begins and stop 5 min after", how on earth do you know when the waves are going to occur? Is it basically the same time every hour or something?

Thanks for the explanation! Makes sense. But when they say "start hunting 5 min before wave begins and stop 5 min after", how on earth do you know when the waves are going to occur? Is it basically the same time every hour or something?
There used to be fixed interval. When I hunted shrooms for my EK-2350 it was 44 min - so if u knew the exact time of the last drop you could start a countdown for 44 min - and usually u could predict the next drop.
But even then there was all kind of exceptions, double drops, delays, stuff that messed up the intervals. There could be more changes by now.

it's dynamic :handjob:

Back