Ways to quickly gain skills?

Merz

Mature
Modified Merz Mercilez
Hello there!

Simple question:
What would be some ways of gaining skills fast to reach 100k total skill points with about €100 depo/month?

Looking for ways to quickly reach a total of 100k by skilling in different areas of this game.
Why the 100k? to join a very specific Society that has that plank set up as a minimum.

Its easy to start gains on a fresh character,... getting Rifle, pistol, BLP, LWT, SB, LB, powerfists, pyrokinesis up to the 3k skill points is an easy first step.
With the skills above a nice chuck of skills of 'secondary' skills will be gained too. Even little defense skills if camping caraboks.

But i am looking for other quick was to skill up like:
- is mothership repairing worth it to skill up?
- is mining ore/enmatter worth it for skills?
- scanning humans/animal/robots?
- any other MF skills worth considering?
- what about crafting and skill gains?
- any other suggestions?

Any advice will be much appreciated and don't judge me for wanting to rush to 100k total with €100 a month :D

As you probably know each skill point is harder to get than the one before it, so diversification is the best way to gain your total skill count cheaply.
Repping is good for skills, scanning and mining i would think to be too slow. and crafting requires too much ped cycled to get any significant gain, unless you do a few crafting dailys. Monrias engineering daily could be a good one to do a few times, that is pretty cost effective.
Something new to consider is harvesting. That gives wicked gains to loads of skills that you otherwise wouldn't grow via normal gameplay. Definitely worth doing a bit of.

you can probably gain 100k skills with jut 100 dollar depo

on monria get 10 dollar of EP1 card qr 100 and buy 900 ped nanocubes
click daily 500 success quest for 10 days and also all teh remaining cubes, (are all high value skills)
sell teh EP's and sell the residue,
buy TT melee weapons all of them 10 per kind and decay them on the small dsec9 monsters (they drop range small weapons)

rinse and repeat, add from codex just alertness, anatomy, perception (will be come handy later on)
in 1 month you probably get 100k skills

the bad part are the second and third and forth and fifth 100k :)

Do some wood harvesting, tons of animal and mutant looter skills, most of them very usefull and rare to get from other professions like analysis, zoology, biology, genetics.
You get some other skills too that is useless like botany and resource gathering, but they also will contribute to your 100k goal.
Also you get some random general skills like athletics, alertness, dexterity etc that is also good.
Wood harvesting cost almost nothing, just boring as hell.

To add to what's been said already, if you travel around different planets check for daily mission, Monria, Toulan, NI and Cyrene have crafting missions you can do for skill rewards. NI, Toulan and Cyrene also have daily hunting missions you can complete for some extra skills. Toulan has 2 mining dailies that factor in every claim you find, also good for skilling.

Great Tips, Thanks alot!

Harvesting right now on NI ! But not that easy to find loads of trees...
Will have to take a deeper look into the Monria Daily.

Last edited:
Have you asked yourself if it's really worth it rushing the skill count just to join a soc?
What do you expect to get in return once you join them?
Is total skill count really a valid measure of an avatars worth?

If you still want to push it I guess diversifying is the quickest way. Do mindforce, mining, tree harvesting, crafting, ship repair, etc...

Have you asked yourself if it's really worth it rushing the skill count just to join a soc?
What do you expect to get in return once you join them?
Is total skill count really a valid measure of an avatars worth?

If you still want to push it I guess diversifying is the quickest way. Do mindforce, mining, tree harvesting, crafting, ship repair, etc...
Its a goal i set for myself and i wanna get there, something to keep myself busy for some time...
Also i miss the good old days and my character with loads of skills...

So this is a topic that comes up among hunters to gain skills quickly as well, so I am going to write down my advice.

There is a direct connection in Mob HP vs Threat Level.

So, just navigate here and sort the column HP/Lvl to see the lowest value.
The lower the number / ratio - the more skill gain naturally added.

Cross-reference against MU items dropped in the loot pool, and adjust for your gun / DPS and go shoot!

Disclaimer - I know this is semi off-topic, but still relevant for knowing how to maximize skill gains for any combat-related profession.

So this is a topic that comes up among hunters to gain skills quickly as well, so I am going to write down my advice.

There is a direct connection in Mob HP vs Threat Level.

So, just navigate here and sort the column HP/Lvl to see the lowest value.
The lower the number / ratio - the more skill gain naturally added.

Cross-reference against MU items dropped in the loot pool, and adjust for your gun / DPS and go shoot!

Disclaimer - I know this is semi off-topic, but still relevant for knowing how to maximize skill gains for any combat-related profession.
Thanks for the tip! i wanted to go to Ark and hunt caraboks with low dps melee for this specific reason!

MF totally worth it if you just want to collect skill points, make sure to use all three (pyro/cryo/elec).

After that maybe mining, if you do it on ark you can triple drop for skills in prospector, surveyor and treasure.

Crafting can be expensive though. But as mentioned, doing Monria / toulan / NI missions for skills is a good investment.
You can unlock blueprint compression pretty quickly this way for more efficient repair skilling.

Harvesting also good. Would skip scanning.

Do some wood harvesting, tons of animal and mutant looter skills, most of them very usefull and rare to get from other professions like analysis, zoology, biology, genetics.
You get some other skills too that is useless like botany and resource gathering, but they also will contribute to your 100k goal.
Also you get some random general skills like athletics, alertness, dexterity etc that is also good.
Wood harvesting cost almost nothing, just boring as hell.
Yet it can be a pleasent way to veg out between missions - there are places that are not really infested by mobs & have plenty of trees. As Hugo Damask said - it does not cost much, you can even make a profit (small). Also it is a way to explore.

Yet it can be a pleasent way to veg out between missions - there are places that are not really infested by mobs & have plenty of trees. As Hugo Damask said - it does not cost much, you can even make a profit (small). Also it is a way to explore.
I did some harvesting on NI yesterday, on the mountain of Resa Dock (thanks to a StevieB video). decay was 6.5 ped with a TT return of 90% and i gained (total) 200 skillpoints, 130 of which were gathering.

Such a small amount because of the lack of trees...

Last edited:
I did some harvesting on NI yesterday, on the mountain of Resa Dock (thanks to a StevieB video). decay was 6.5 ped with a TT return of 90% and i gained (total) 200 skills, 130 of which were gathering.

So far I did about 2 weeks of 2-3 hours harversting every day at Cyrene.

TT results were much better with Terra3, but i mostly used the TT console tool because the skill gain / ped is much better on that one, also as less TT it uses, i needed to stop to empty the inventory much less times, so much less time were wasted from the skill pill.

Also there are nice mu on huge tree stuff on Cyrene, so that is almost covers the TT loss on the runs.
I plan to continue harvesting once back in Cyrene, my Zoology, Biology and Genetics skills are very low, very easy and fast animal and mutant looter level gains for now.

to cut trees in NI try syperton gardens and the forest near gorgon wave tp in AG
you will decay 30 ped of PH3 in a short time

to cut trees in NI try syperton gardens and the forest near gorgon wave tp in AG
you will decay 30 ped of PH3 in a short time
Much better to use tt cutter since skill gain is per click in harvesting

Welcome to Entropia , I would suggest you find a qualified mentor to help you.

Oh crap, I just thought of how to gain skills quick.

Buy Skill Implants from the Auction House or Person to Person.

This gives you many skills without having to waste time training the skill. Very very quick.
All my friends, friends in high places say it is the quickest way.
They say to me "Wow Draniie that skill go up so quick." and I say "Yes I am Uber with an N"

I thought the higher the PH number, the more timber harvested and the higher the skill gain?
Skill gain is directly correlated to TT input apparently so, the higher TT spend the faster you will skill.

If your goal is to reach a skillpoint threshold as quickly as possible and still have somewhat fun I would suggest using the highest cost output weapon you can, dropping highest cost output mining probes in between mobs, and crafting the highest cost bps you can while AFK.

Somewhat off topic but still relevant: I think chasing skillpoints is somewhat useless. I think that most people would be better off taking it slow and learning how to play the game cheaply, for free, or for profit. I believe there is a danger in "skilling too fast", in that you may miss out on learning some of the things you need to know to properly utilize your skillpool and end up just losing money even faster.

Ludwig can you chime in on the skill vs tt spend on trees? It seems your following me today removing my posts so I know you see this ;p <3

If your goal is to reach a skillpoint threshold as quickly as possible and still have somewhat fun I would suggest using the highest cost output weapon you can, dropping highest cost output mining probes in between mobs, and crafting the highest cost bps you can while AFK.
Despite this for sure works there is a second constrain on the question
limiting the "loss" to skill to 100k at 1000 ped per month
2.0 rewards (as a rule of thumb) 1% of "green lines skill" for decay and in case of hunting another 0.5% with codex for a 1.5% of decay reward.
his goal is to get "whatever" sums up to 100l (i see it as a personal goal more than a silly requirement for a society, 100k skill can be level 50 "monoweapon" or level 20 "jack of all trades" so i cant see the point but..
the proposal we all made are related to game mechanics
1. all skill "are worth" (sorry Katie, but it is just TT value, allow me to use "worth") 12 ped for the first 2500 skill points
2. at the rate of 1.5% the 12 ped require to decay 12/0.015 = 800 ped to manufacture the skills
3. some skill are inefficient time wise (scan require days to get 100 points)
4. some Planet partners instead of "daily token" reward more interesting skill points for missions (on caly i think just rex, levi and traesk mission at higher level do it so mission are important
a. half moon cove chain in Calypso reward a ncie amount of mining related skill going to fort sisiphus
b. daily monria crating aswell
c. toulan missions on a hourly repeat
c. tempo missions on cyrene
all of those are "double dip missions" including as an example the "daikibam atrox, sumima, hyriuu, ripeprsnapper" muscle park training mission on Rocktropia that reward also (if the monster is activated for codex in calypso) both codex and mission skill reward

on my Beloved account i made 14k skill points just with login mission, never sweated just used wisely the caly reward (not even moved to other planet for that test) and completed gradduation F2P very fast.

as per crafting, remember that we are talking about FIRST POINTS so we just need 800 ped rotation that is easy to get...
animal oils (muscle and eye) and a conductor or spring BP (borrowed from a mate qr 100 to optimize) can craft 800 ped in 2 hoursNI daily for Lesser elysia can craft elysia with sweat and lyst mined before and obtain (needs unlock) a 200 skill point reward the first day
Ancient greece acherous daily (level 4) and asterion daily (level 8) reward rare secondary looter skill and first turn in is 200 skill point for a 30 ped kill
NI boar and screecher reward oil, that added to lysterium can be used to craft basic filters (small tt craft, long time spent, sellf for a nice premium to ppl that want it fast)

all teh above examples tied to diversification and with manufacture of something that is useful, and not wasting ped (and long time) on MS repairing added to tree cutting are a source of all around skill points that allow him to get 100k in 1 or 2 month with minimal TT loss of his ped card IMHO.

that s a nice idea for a blog by the way... explain how to level for minimal risk of loss would be good for attracting fresh players

sorry for long post, while writing i recalled many more opportunities and i am sure that many other fellow players know even more

Last edited:
Ludwig can you chime in on the skill vs tt spend on trees? It seems your following me today removing my posts so I know you see this ;p <3
tooltime (h)decay (PED)Resource Gathering startendped skill gainpec skill/ped decay
ph-3187.1658.16795.330.450.51
ph-1480795.331359.463.153.93

Have more data but I think these numbers are pretty clear.

tooltime (h)decay (PED)Resource Gathering startendped skill gainpec skill/ped decay
ph-3187.1658.16795.330.450.51
ph-1480795.331359.463.153.93

Have more data but I think these numbers are pretty clear.
Thank you for this data. I never did any actual analysis, but anybody who has spent any decent time cutting trees and takes moderate interest in their skill gain knows this to be the case anyway. TT tools are very superior. Yes PH-3 can procure long boards, but then you have to ask yourself what the whole purpose of cutting trees is, do you want skills or wood lol. Now with the introduction of Cyrenes TT tool that operates 33% faster (33% faster skills) there should be no reason to hang on to those terrible PH-3 tools.

So many great comments so far in this thread, Thanks a lot for the input and keep it coming !! ;)

No need for Ludwig, i can confirm you, skill gain is same on TT tool and the 5x higher tt using PH3, thats why skill / ped is way better on TT tool.

Thank you for this data. I never did any actual analysis, but anybody who has spent any decent time cutting trees and takes moderate interest in their skill gain knows this to be the case anyway. TT tools are very superior. Yes PH-3 can procure long boards, but then you have to ask yourself what the whole purpose of cutting trees is, do you want skills or wood lol. Now with the introduction of Cyrenes TT tool that operates 33% faster (33% faster skills) there should be no reason to hang on to those terrible PH-3 tools.
Use TT on all the small and large, but use PH3 on the few Huge trees to cover some tt loss with mu :)

Back