Info: Weakboxes

monte

Alpha
Society
AO
Marco Monte Montecalvo
After having to contact MA twice to increase my depo limitations I opened a combined 7000 strongboxes in the last month. I opened around 1000 normal boxes, 2000 Christmas boxes and 4000 Easter boxes peppered through the month. 0 Rare Mayhem Tokens. Rings looted - 3 Adjusted Aeglic that are now nanocubes. No improved, mod, perf, nothing. The amount of amps received seemed very low and I couldn't loot enough pills to sustain very many hours of boosted hunting either.

This is NOT a complaint thread, just curbing expectations and showing people how lucky they may have been this Easter. I was using these as a deposit method to get some cash back in the game after a few yr break. GL out there!

*UPDATE Passing 10,000 Holiday boxes over the last 3 months with no holiday, rare, imp, mod, or perf rings! I suck or am blacklisted 😂

Last edited:
People who got lucky will tell you some idea they made up to convince themselves that they made it happen and it wasn't luck. You got unlucky, I don't think boxes are quite this bad generally. It's good to have some threads to show the lower end of what someone can expect though so people can have a more reasonable idea of where they might land if they decide to open a lot of boxes. Hope your box luck turns if you decide to open again.

People who got lucky will tell you some idea they made up to convince themselves that they made it happen and it wasn't luck. You got unlucky, I don't think boxes are quite this bad generally. It's good to have some threads to show the lower end of what someone can expect though so people can have a more reasonable idea of where they might land if they decide to open a lot of boxes. Hope your box luck turns if you decide to open again.

There's definitely so many opinions on the topic.. box opening rituals/techniques. I do think I had awful luck and lost mu on the lot but it is what it is and will certainly be open to trying more.. felt like the boxes were generally "empty" with MANY just ammos or easter eggs which I personally don't use. The Christmas boxes were FILLED WITH SNOWBALLS.

There's definitely so many opinions on the topic.. box opening rituals/techniques. I do think I had awful luck and lost mu on the lot but it is what it is and will certainly be open to trying more.. felt like the boxes were generally "empty" with MANY just ammos or easter eggs which I personally don't use. The Christmas boxes were FILLED WITH SNOWBALLS.
just open 50 more and then you can stop....

for the day.

just open 50 more and then you can stop....

for the day.

To be real I've easily opened 75-100k+ boxes through the years and I've never looted anything significant so I don't think there's any hope for me.

To be real I've easily opened 75-100k+ boxes through the years and I've never looted anything significant so I don't think there's any hope for me.
Did you mean 7.5-10k boxes? I find it hard to believe you've opened over 100k boxes and only looted 12 aeglic rings ever

Did you mean 7.5-10k boxes? I find it hard to believe you've opened over 100k boxes and only looted 12 aeglic rings ever

This post was about the 7k this month. I just mentioned my lifetime openings which ive had a couple imp and mods but never a holiday or perf ring.

Peep how many aeglic rings fivedolla has looted, now thats a lot of strongboxes opened

I didn't post for a pp measuring box opening contest I was just commenting on 7k boxes this month poopy loot that's all.

Techniques used: Opening boxes in bursts immediately following, and 15-30 mins following ring drops. I also tried burst opening 300 boxes days in a row all at once as well.

This is only part of it, but its not necessarily wrong.

You lack the approved looter name, this hinders accounts without the correct attached name to be handed rings(or items). Only approved looters are the ones who get multiple seasonal rings back to back (I wish i was joking.).

you say you opened 7000 boxes, any respectable approved looter will tell you these are rookie numbers, you are fucking poor trash my dude you need to open 7000 strongboxes pr hour as a bare minimum, you must open more strongboxes than the entire community combined. Because approved looters get more rings alone, than the rest of the community combined so, it is simple math there reall, start opening boxes during your every waking hour. Taking a piss irl? forget about it you need to spam boxes my friend. Work? no time for that... BOXES!

MA thanks you for your service, but you can fuck off asking for more clarity in % Chances because of waves. and you're to trash and poor to be cared for. and now you committed the great sin of complaining about it. This will not only mean you wont ever be a approved looter but your loot will be adjusted down and returns will be permanently reduced by 65% from current value.

/s

In all seriousness though you've likely missread how the ring waves work. ever since i've started helping people with how it works i've gotten and helped lots of people to get rings, including the first e23, but many of <InsertApprovedLooterHere> names keep telling me im full of shit and i'm wrong. And since starting to openly moan about it i've yet to see a single ring myself ever since, even if my exact methods that gave me a lot before works for others still ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did open 5000 in Burst didnt had any

But let me ask you a question

What is your box opening lvl ?
Did you Visit the Coffee Shop?
Do you regular complain in forum about Bad loot ?
Are you one of the choosen ones ?
Are you a bot ?

If not then my calculations Show that your avarge chances of looting something special are : 666× 69 =45.954

45.954 ÷ (amount of box you opened) 7000= 6.56

6.56... thats a Bad rate

Sorry to tell but you opened to much boxes , in order to loot a event Ring you have to open 6899 boxes because 45.954 ÷ 6899 = 6,66

Last edited:
If you go here and search "Ring" you can use this table to find time patterns for when your chances are best.

I would say immediately after a Ring drops is not the best time to start opening boxes. You want to be doing it at the first sign of a loot wave (if you can figure that out) and continue throughout.

yup... It really come down to the same of a Path Of Exile tradition.

This is why I tend to avoid opening boxes. Main reason, I've never been lucky at them and since I've grinded 130k m tokens but looted 0 rare tokens, it doesn't fill me with enough confidence to try my luck on boxes. Though with current box prices maybe it's worth reconsidering. Best to not be hoping for anything really, so you'll not be disappointed.

I think I'm probably holding the current game all time high record for the highest amount of token grinded without looting a single rare token tbh.

This is why I tend to avoid opening boxes. Main reason, I've never been lucky at them and since I've grinded 130k m tokens but looted 0 rare tokens, it doesn't fill me with enough confidence to try my luck on boxes. Though with current box prices maybe it's worth reconsidering. Best to not be hoping for anything really, so you'll not be disappointed.

I think I'm probably holding the current game all time high record for the highest amount of token grinded without looting a single rare token tbh.
I know someone who beats your record by a lot

I thought you can't buy keys ?

I feel the Easter boxes are overpriced for those that don't use the eggs. If you do then maybe worth some opening but those boxes were pretty garbage for me. Gl on your token!

Swedish ip won't allow it, as long you're in another location besides Sweden it works.
Plat pack is better value anyways if you aren't a gambling man. Pop those skill pills on skilling mobs watch your anatomy/perception shoot up for better looter skills

Back