Weapon Assistant Tool

Meculus

Elite
Blastoise Meculus Yarlboro

We have now added an easy to use tool to help you choose your weapon in entropia.

Under the Hunting segment of EntropiaLife.com you will now see Weapon Assistant in the left column.

Here's a preview:

Qf1JdTN.png

How it works:

• Select the weapon type and class from the drop down lists provided in the Weapon Assistant window. For example you may choose "BLP" then "Carbine" or "Laser" and "Pistol". If you select a weapon and a class that does not exist (Melee,Carbine), you simply wont get any results.
  • Select the maximum profession level you would like the tool to identify.
  • Choose how the results will be sorted from either damage per pec, or damage per second.

Once you have fine tuned your search click the "Generate List" button, and your results will be shown below.

The damage per pec is based on the TT value of the weapon, as we all know (L) weapons have markup, and that can fluctuate so we cannot provide you with this information with the accuracy you need in the table...

However! you may select the weapon you wish to identify damage per pec on from the Manual Calculation window's drop down list. Once you have selected your weapon, put in the current markup % and click the Calculate button.

Hopefully this helps a few of you out in game, cheers!

Might want to put a checkbox to show only L or UL weapons because right now it gives me a useless list of pretty much every UL non-SIB weapon :laugh:

Might want to put a checkbox to show only L or UL weapons because right now it gives me a useless list of pretty much every UL non-SIB weapon :laugh:

Updated the system so you can select "Only show L weapons".. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

A little update.
Some weapons will have "NA." as "dmg/pec". This is due to missing stats on the item.
We are currently making it so you can correct those errors manually from the item page. (Which we are also making now) :)

nice tool, but seems my Levels are not correct calculated.

i did put in Level 25 BPL... and it Shows me 2,89 dmg/pec for Adj V1, and 83 dps.

thats the stats for the maxed gun, as far as i see.

nice tool, but seems my Levels are not correct calculated.

i did put in Level 25 BPL... and it Shows me 2,89 dmg/pec for Adj V1, and 83 dps.

thats the stats for the maxed gun, as far as i see.

No, we use the same formula as Entropedia. Max dmg pec is higher than 2.89.

The system does NOT take into account your actual skill level when showing the dmg/pec - it simply only show you the weapons you can use. :)

To give you your actual dmg/pec - i would need all of your combat skills. (And MA's exact formula) :)

No, we use the same formula as Entropedia. Max dmg pec is higher than 2.89.

The system does NOT take into account your actual skill level when showing the dmg/pec - it simply only show you the weapons you can use. :)

To give you your actual dmg/pec - i would need all of your combat skills. (And MA's exact formula) :)

not really... at Pedia i can set up my hit and damage Level... then it Shows correct dps and dmg/pec ...

go to weapon compare tool, then look lower right Corner... directly under "stats".

the tool to compare guns only makes sense, if i can put in my Level, and it would Show the REAL damage/pec and the REAL dps, i would say.According to Entropedia, my dps at Level 25 for adj V1 is: 46,6 , and the eco is at 2,31 damage/pec... it should be one of the last recommended in your list then :)

not really... at Pedia i can set up my hit and damage Level... then it Shows correct dps and dmg/pec ...

go to weapon compare tool, then look lower right Corner... directly under "stats".

the tool to compare guns only makes sense, if i can put in my Level, and it would Show the REAL damage/pec and the REAL dps, i would say.According to Entropedia, my dps at Level 25 for adj V1 is: 46,6 , and the eco is at 2,31 damage/pec... it should be one of the last recommended in your list then :)

Do you (or anyone else) know the formula to use to get effective damage?
The formula on Entropedia is not correct I think - they list it as:
Effective damage = ((Minimal damage + Maximal damage) / 2) * (80 + Hit ability * 1.25)

Effective damage = ((Minimal damage + Maximal damage) / 2) * (80 + Hit ability * 1.25)

i dunno if ist correct, but at least it shows me the guns in a nearly correct order for my Level. i think 1 or 2 more dps doesnt matter in this case. but i see that it makse no sense to use a non-SIB gun at my Level.

Experimentally, its rather close.

Experimentally, its rather close.

Well.. its what Entropedia writes as the formula.. but if you look at the weapon calculator thing they have... its not using that formula...

Nice list..... but... no UL-only weapon option. No SIB-only option (UL's have SIB too). No way to sort the columns once generated.

Can we also have some optional (hidden?) columns, aka DMG/Minute, and Cost/Minute (since all weps have stats as Attacks per Minute, we can guage them with costs/damage per minute usage). ie what sort of pedcard we need with any weapon for 1 minute of use.

eg. using Entropedia data:

NameTypeDamage
AttacksDmg/sec
DecayAmmoCostDmg/PECDmg/Min*Cost/Min**
S.I. FlameThrowerBLP5
Ancient Red ScorpionLaser11678.51.2251402.6252.912737
Sollomate Opalo, SGA EditionLaser8494.50.0202002.0202.752392
Isis CB5 (L)BLP8484.40.0212002.0212.751384
Sollomate OpaloLaser8444.10.0202002.0202.752352

* = Damage * Attacks (per min) = gives us a base possible MAX damage per Minute ballpark figure. (Note the DoT of Flamethrower throws the numbers off.)

** = Cost * Attacks (per min) = gives us a max cost per full usage per minute with each weapon. This number is in pecs. It shows us that how PP's can be clever and make supposedly "efficient" weapons, but with more attacks, yield a heavier loss to our pedcard over time.

Hope this helps.

(PS. Can someone with higher access to Entropedia also add the Dmg/Min and Cost/Min column there please. Thanks.)

Last edited:

I'm not sure where you got that. The discussion page for the weapon chart shows the current formula it uses, which is very close to correct.

It has two tiny errors, one of which i am sure about and the other mostly sure, however both impact the outcome very little. I actually posted about it a few months ago to try to get it resolved but had no response:

Let me recant and bring the discussion here, because I believe there's currently an error in the weapon chart formula for effective damage and am not sure anyone monitors that discussion. Here's that formula

effective_damage_formula.gif

EffectiveDamage = AverageDamage * (0.8 + HitModifier * 0.1) + MaxDamage (0.01 + CriticalHitModifier * 0.01)

Where AverageDamage = (MinDamage + MaxDamage) / 2

The last term is the point in question here. It adds MaxDamage, which is the extra damage of a crit hit (a crit is a normal shot and a maximum damage together), to between 1% and 2% of shots (depending on the value of CriticalHitModifier, which is CHA/10).

I believe this is wrong because it seems that crit hits are only possible if a shot is already a hit. If we look at the proportion of crit hits for maxed weapons, we get a nice 2% of hits, not of shots (taking for a single but typical example narfi's huge dataset from the THING hunt: crits are 2% of hits but 1.78% of shots). If we assume that the nice round 2% number is because crits are only found among hits, we can conclude that:
  • accuracy enhancers should increase crit hit rate without increasing hit rate (if this has been found to not be the case, it would be a good counter-evidence to this)
  • crit contribution to damage must be scaled by hit rate (which it currently is not)

The correct final term of the effective damage formula would then be:

+ MaxDamage(0.01+CriticalHitModifier*0.01)*(0.8+HA*0.01)
(where CriticalHitModifier is also known as CHA/10)

Another way of writing the adjusted formula is to move the whole thing inside the (Hit) scaling term:
EffectiveDamage = (0.8 + HitModifier * 0.1) ( AverageDamage + MaxDamage(0.01 + CriticalHitModifier*0.01) )

And the value in the last parenthesis only gives correct results with accuracy enhancers if it is changed to: CriticalHitModifier*0.02 instead of 0.01 + CriticalHitModifier*0.01.

So the best formula is:
EffectiveDamage = (0.8 + HitModifier * 0.1) ( AverageDamage + MaxDamage(CriticalHitModifier*0.02) )

The other thing to remember (and this needs to be fixed for the Entropedia weapon chart) is that there was a change in how the hit modifier (ie. hit ability/10) is calculated, at least for Non-SIB weapons. In essence i think HA starts at 6 now and progresses at the rate of 0.4/10 levels (Hit) professional standing, instead of starting at 0 and progressing at 1/10 levels (Hit). Maybe someone else can confirm those numbers because i'm feeling too lazy right now to search for the thread.

ETA: Note that the two modifiers in the formula are 1 when maxed, so they are = HA/10 and CHA/10, respectively.
ETA2: Also note that AverageDamage is the result of a different calculation on that same Talk page. It's only 0.75*MaxDamage in the case of a maxed weapon. Otherwise, for non-SIBs, it's (1.25+0.25*(DmgLevel/100))*MaxDamage/2, and capped at DmgLevel=100.

Last edited:
Thank you Doer :)

A few quick questions...
HA/CHA for SIB:
(MinHit - Avatarhit) * (10 / (MaxHit - MinHit)) = HA

HA/CHA for non-SIB:
6 + (0,04 * AvatarHit) = HA

CHA and HA are not necessarily always the same - so, how do we differentiate on those two?

AverageDamage for SIB:
(MinDamage + MaxDamage) / 2 = AvgDamage <-- This is incorrect I think. In my mind it has to take into account your damage level.

AverageDamage for non-SIB:
(1.25+0.25*(DmgLevel/100))*MaxDamage/2 = AvgDamage (DmgLevel maximum 100)

Is that correct?

Last edited:
Thank you Doer :)

A few quick questions...
HA/CHA for SIB:
(MinHit - Avatarhit) * (10 / (MaxHit - MinHit)) = HA

HA/CHA for non-SIB:
6 + (0,04 * AvatarHit) = HA

CHA and HA are not necessarily always the same - so, how do we differentiate on those two?
Here's a more recent thread about the change to HA. It looks like i remembered incorrectly: it's 4 + (0.06 * AvatarHit), not 6 + (0.04 * AvatarHit)
(For AvatarHit = (Hit) profession level/100)

CHA is = sqrt(100*AvatarHit)/10, or sqrt((Hit) profession level)/10

And tbh i have no idea for SIBs. Not used them enough during SIB period or cared to do so to learn how they work. :D I do know (from reading the thread i just linked) that SIB HA minimum is also 4 now (once in SIB, it's 0 before), and also progresses at a slower rate.

Do check out the Talk page for the weapon chart, is it has all the formulas there, even if they are a bit out of date.

AverageDamage for SIB:
(MinDamage + MaxDamage) / 2 = AvgDamage <-- This is incorrect I think. In my mind it has to take into account your damage level.

AverageDamage for non-SIB:
(1.25+0.25*(DmgLevel/100))*MaxDamage/2 = AvgDamage (DmgLevel maximum 100)

Is that correct?

Again, don't really remember with SIB but yes it does have to take into account the damage profession.

Second formula is right. You see in the maxed case it simplifies to 1.5/2 = 0.75 max damage on average, or midway between 50% and 100%, like mob damage.

Also remember that range varies from 90% to 100% with HA, too.

And to be clear, both Hit and Dmg are both capped at 100 now. I think that until a few years ago, your range would continue to increase past max with (Hit) over 100, but i heard that no longer happens.

you can now enter your avatar skills on Entropia Life (BLP/Laser for now, more will be added)..

Then the system will use those skills, as well as the formula's discussed here, to give you a more accurate dmg/pec for weapons. :)

Comments/Suggestions are more than welcome. :)

you can now enter your avatar skills on Entropia Life (BLP/Laser for now, more will be added)..

Would be valuable if we were able to import skill values from Skill Scanner similar to Entropedia if Profession values are available (for those that don't know you need to donate for the extra options to be available in Skill Scanner, like profession levels)

Might want to capture/round up values if idiots like me try to put in decimal places as well :) other than that nice start.

Would be valuable if we were able to import skill values from Skill Scanner similar to Entropedia if Profession values are available (for those that don't know you need to donate for the extra options to be available in Skill Scanner, like profession levels)

Might want to capture/round up values if idiots like me try to put in decimal places as well :) other than that nice start.

Yup ability to link to avatar on entropedia would be a nice feature. You could indirectly support uploading skill scanner files that way (because entropedia does).

good stuff, but how about the ability to keep the same weapon in the combat log instead of having to reenter each time ET is opened? I think we talked about this sometime ago and it was said that it would get done. Great tool and I am not gripping just hoping that one can save his weapon info like we save our settings.
Thanks for the great tool either way.

We are a little reluctant to linking/supporting/integrating tools that are not verified by mindark.

http://www.planetcalypso.com/planet-calypso/community-sites/tools/

First of all, one of the oldest and the most famous resource for EU isn't on their short list but the defunct Entopia Tools is? :rofl: I didn't even know they had a short list.

Anyway... so you're fine with freely using the information from those same sites to develop your own commercialized one without even giving them recognition?

If you don't want to support the avatar skill linking that's completely understandable. I left out features of my own tools because of the extra work involved in trying to communicate with a different resource. But it's hypocritical to step up on the pedestal and give as a reason that resource is "not approved" while using it all the same.

ETA: Submitted a support case asking them why they don't endorse their #1 user resource and wiki, and suggesting they remove the defunct Entropia Tools link to replace it with Entropedia. If we can get MA to endorse Entropedia, this will no longer be an issue. Recommend others do the same.

Last edited:
so you're fine with freely using the information from those same sites to develop your own commercialized one without even giving them recognition?

My thoughts exactly, 100% agreed.

Feedback on the tool:
  • Gives the correct dmg/pec for my imk2 at my level; good job. I was having trouble figuring out what could be wrong based on your comments in-game the other day, but i can verify that it gives the correct results for me.
  • You should probably put a link on the assistant tool to the avatar settings page where the professions are set, explaining that if they are not set it will default to 0, 0. It took me a bit of poking around to figure out where to do that.
  • Suggest a link to the original source page on Entropedia for each weapon, so the user knows where to go to update data and/or check the history of edits for weapon stats.

Feedback on the tool:
  • You should probably put a link on the assistant tool to the avatar settings page where the professions are set, explaining that if they are not set it will default to 0, 0. It took me a bit of poking around to figure out where to do that.

• Yup. Just haven't done it yet. :)

Feedback on the tool:
    • Suggest a link to the original source page on Entropedia for each weapon, so the user knows where to go to update data and/or check the history of edits for weapon stats.
    There will be a possibility to update the weapon directly on the page (if you click the weapon on the list). :)

so you're fine with freely using the information from those same sites to develop your own commercialized one without even giving them recognition?
    We are not using info from any 3rd party tool... ? We are using info from a website, yes. But the issue with the skill scanner is that it is not a website - its a piece of software you run while you play Entropia Universe, Entropedia is not. As per the EULA, you are not allowed to run any software while you play Entropia Universe - except for what is verified by MindArk.

We are not using info from any 3rd party tool... ? We are using info from a website, yes. But the issue with the skill scanner is that it is not a website - its a piece of software you run while you play Entropia Universe, Entropedia is not. As per the EULA, you are not allowed to run any software while you play Entropia Universe - except for what is verified by MindArk.

Tool/website... whichever. I'm referring to using the weapon database from Entropedia to populate the weapon assistant in EL. How is that different than designing EL to also upload avatar info directly from Entropedia?

I'm not asking you to support the executable java portion of the skill scanner that actually scrapes the screen to get the skill information, on the contrary i was saying that if you implement in EL the capability to upload avatar data from entropedia, which happens to support either direct entry or upload of a dump from skill scanner, you can indirectly support skill scanner, which is to say the only sane way of tracking skills. It's a huge stretch to think that by supporting data upload from a 2nd website (a website which is a tool in traditional sense), which permits uploading a data dump from a 3rd party tool (one which is highly respected and reputable), you are going to get in trouble.

And let us not forget that ET is also software that is run while playing EU. You even access the log files of EU in real time... jdegre doesn't have the advantage of MA outputting skills in a nice log for him to read directly, so he had to implement a screen scraper. I see nothing more or less against EULA in the nature of skill scanner than i do in implementation of ET.

There will be a possibility to update the weapon directly on the page (if you click the weapon on the list). :)

That's handy, but again on the same topic as above, since you originally got the data from entropedia, you should encourage and facilitate the updating of information upstream on entropedia as well.

As per the EULA, you are not allowed to run any software while you play Entropia Universe - except for what is verified by MindArk.
ROFL!

You might want to reconsider that statement.

If we can get MA to endorse Entropedia, this will no longer be an issue.
While that would make sense to most of MA's customers, and also most likely (actual) Planet "Partners", I think it would be diametrically opposite of MA's MO. I fear not even a dozen LART's even in the form of clue-by-four's would help.

(sorry for the O/T post - lacking the functionality to branch, this was the only way to comment on this specific issue)

And let us not forget that ET is also software that is run while playing EU. You even access the log files of EU in real time... jdegre doesn't have the advantage of MA outputting skills in a nice log for him to read directly, so he had to implement a screen scraper. I see nothing more or less against EULA in the nature of skill scanner than i do in implementation of ET.

We're not in the business of passing judgments here , on a personal level I have faith in jdegre's software, and I realize there is a great convenience factor here as well, but we're still in mid-process here, and as a site and software that has been thoroughly tested by MindArk to gain their approval, it would be hasty for us to just say "okay" to this on a whim, I'm sure you can respect that. We'll update the thread as the project evolves with regard to this.

That's handy, but again on the same topic as above, since you originally got the data from entropedia, you should encourage and facilitate the updating of information upstream on entropedia as well.

Thats not out of the question, were still in the process of playing with the development of an easy to use free tool just for the hell of it at this point though, as it evolves continued feedback is always appreciated.

You've had a lot of really good input on this as we've been working on the tool over the past week, thank you.

We're not in the business of passing judgments here , on a personal level I have faith in jdegre's software, and I realize there is a great convenience factor here as well, but we're still in mid-process here, and as a site and software that has been thoroughly tested by MindArk to gain their approval, it would be hasty for us to just say "okay" to this on a whim, I'm sure you can respect that. We'll update the thread as the project evolves with regard to this.

Uhh, come on guys, stop being so thik. Doer said :

Yup ability to link to avatar on entropedia would be a nice feature. You could indirectly support uploading skill scanner files that way (because entropedia does).

If you know the avatar, you can always look up the avatar stats from Entropedia, much like the chipping optimizer does. This in no way connects you to any other software, except for downloading stats from a web site that you do already use. And keeps people from having to manually update more than one place with their stats.

Uhh, come on guys, stop being so thik.

Its not a matter of being thick, we're being thorough. As I've already stated I have faith in Jdegre's software, so much so that I have contacted him in the past to discuss integration into the plugin section of Entropia Life. Jdegre used to be posted as an approved tool, and I'm sure the only reason its not now is due to something more along the lines of webpage design on MA's site than anything heavy. We like to be thorough, and discuss what we develop openly with the community as it is in development, As I said.... we'll keep you posted as this evolves,

Back