Weird Hunting! Need help!!

IceCube

Young
Society
L.P.N Sweden
Omega IceCube Loki
Ah well it is what it sounds like! I've gotten myself into some weird hunting rounds etc.

I can start with that i have been hunting argos lately, at different spots because they seem to suit my armor and weapon choice =)
Noww when i went hunting with 100 peds or sometimes 200 ped ammo, i came back with nearly 30% loot,
so i got a 70% loss, and this has happened several times in a row, and it is kinda getting to me, both economicly and physicly ( i kinda punch myself when it all goes wrong :( ) :confused:

So what do you guys have to say about this, am i hunting wrong, in the wrong period , or is it just plain bad luck ? :(

(Im in with a JustMKII and full Rascal, with lasers and scope)

I know what are you are toalking about. I have go the same situation some times when you get about 30% back of money you ave spent in hunting.
My advise is to break up hunting in this area and try another mobs or try not to hunt at all for some time. It sometime helps. This is what I do in such cases.

madball said:
I know what are you are toalking about. I have go the same situation some times when you get about 30% back of money you ave spent in hunting.
My advise is to break up hunting in this area and try another mobs or try not to hunt at all for some time. It sometime helps. This is what I do in such cases.

And this would work?, so i should try mining when hunting goes bad? =)

But the thing is that i don't know what to hunt really :S not many to help ,e hunting either =/

same here, the normal situation since last VU(?) for me. (axe2x0 and Valor hunts)
My record is a 95% loss hunting run. :(
Normal is 20-40% ROI.
try to hunt on other places and other mobs.

Stratos said:
same here, the normal situation since last VU(?) for me. (axe2x0 and Valor hunts)
My record is a 95% loss hunting run. :(
Normal is 20-40% ROI.
try to hunt on other places and other mobs.

oh woot!! ah this is kinda weird huh!, i thought i was the only one maybe :S
My brother was pretty upset with it , and he told me that this couldn't be possible! i mean you should atleast get a 50%++ back, if not more! :wise:

no worries :) it will get better eventually...
(had a 30% roi hunt on small longus in rascal+honor last week)

yeah i hope so, i kinda hit the 30% back again :(

icecube could you post your stats?

its possible you dont have the skill level required to use the mk2 efficiently

I have like 300 in aim, 1600 laser tech, 1100 in rifle, then i got 500 in the rest rifle skills i think =)

what do i need to have to hunt it efficiently? :confused:

use the opalo and an amp - you'll find it does wonders for your hunting efficiency - the new uber tt weapons rock.

really? but wouldnt the tt amp degrade the efficiency alot? :S
So the tt opalo with maybe an 101 amp?
Hmm.. amps isnt my thing really so sorry for the questions haha :D

what mobs can i destroy/incinerate with my opalo then? :D (i have an fap-50 aswell) :D

its indeed not normal to have 30% ROI.

i dont have uber skills, ( 3.1k LWT, 2.5k rifle, almost 2k aim, etc.) but i get around breaking even most of the times. one run up, like 30 ped. next run 15 down and one after that 10 down, then 5 down. then up 40 ped and return goes down again.

edit: and using shogun or pixie (depends on mob), mk4, emt 2600

aaah, then maybe im hunting really wrong, not very skilled. =(
any tip?

I think there is a post on here somewhere about the opalo - I use one now with a 105 - i can hunt args for half the cost of using a mkII amped the same. Hunting args with the opalo/amp and rascal is sufficient for anyone. I've done it and everyone im my soc has tried it and everyone raves how sweet it is :) works well for mid and low level mobs - take advantage before MA "fixes" the "bugged" weapons. I call it the new old 1x0.

hahaha ! :D

sure will then! so it is the opalo tt gun and maybe with an 105 amp! :D and you break even? :D get good loots and lot of skills? :cool:

I would suggest maybe A104 rather than A105...

Pretender said:
its indeed not normal to have 30% ROI.
It is for me. I have to deposit at least every other week.:(

do ur mathematics:

- mk2 justifier has what? 10 ammo burn? I bet ur average damage is around 50%. That means 5 pecs thrown in the wind at each shot. (not counting missing shots, not counting the loot, just the succesful hits)

- opalo+a104: cost 4-5 pec/shot (ammo burn+decay), efficiency for that cost ~80%, so loosing maximum 1 pec per shot or less.

So, changing to this combo gives u a steady economy of 4 pecs per shot. At 10.000 shots means 400 peds.

Now, that has NOTHING to do with argonauts. They are the worst mob possible, currently. You might see ppl hoffing/globaling of them. Don't let yourself tricked by that, study the average loot. If you spend 1 ped killing an argo and average return is 30%, then don't hunt them. Argonauts used to be the best mobs for me, but I stopped hunting them. I prefer exarosaurus for that loot.

atrox seem to loot better nowadays. even tho they are a shady being. (my bro had 2 globals on them last night...)

Kerham said:
do ur mathematics:

- mk2 justifier has what? 10 ammo burn? I bet ur average damage is around 50%. That means 5 pecs thrown in the wind at each shot. (not counting missing shots, not counting the loot, just the succesful hits)

But I love my justifier.. I'm still surprised I kill the occasional snable female with one shot, it's a ehh umm oops lol. :D

Don't know about Argonaut general loot.. I like to hunt them but if I see 5 mobs are no-looters I cut the hunting trip short and go elsewhere. I'm maybe a bit short-tempered at that, but with mk2 it definitely feels like I were shooting pure gold coins.

At times they DO give decent loots too, it only varies a lot. But seems that not so often as they used to.

Interesting this Opalo though, guess I must give it a try.

ice your stats not to low for the mk II, a amp doesnt chance that big time, try a low one, with low decay and some damage.

It never hurts to skill a litlle, more skills on the same gun and mob means more efficient hunting, but none of this will get u from 30% up to 705 average return.

U can also try to save up the goods u loot and get better prices for them, cause every item u tt (wool, hide) or iron u sell at 115 %, is also a loss. if u have 100 ped iron u can sell that at 125 %i, instead of 115, that saves u 10%.

but in general, if it doesnt loot, dont hunt it. Ask people in same area how it goes, and if they say its bad, move on.

And there is the logn time average, if u read the interview with skallman he points out the question of hunting for 500 ped and exspecting 100 -400 ped hof, and 75% return, well that math will never be met in general cause PE would be broke. Every global or HOF comes from your loss (minus decay) on a trip.

lately i changed my argo hunts too allo young - old (limnadian district) u can hutn them with mk II, amp godo famp and some armor. (if u find it hard then use a bravo to tag and do 2 additional shots)

i had betetr loots there curently then argo, but its no garanty for succes

stay flexible, move , try different things, nobody forces u too keep on hunting argo, skill, sell you goods at nice profit.

I've got an Opalo, and I'm thinking of buying an amp. What amp is the best for me? 103/104 or 105

I don't have the best skills, but i'm capable of shooting snables and other mobs, but with the loot i get back where I startet 0% loss/win. Want to shoot some other mobs (bigger) to get better loots :D

Aveena

Back