Whare id position medusa on the map...

Stave

Deactivated Account
Hey guys,

For shits and giggles i thought id figure out whare on calypso id place medusa.

The map can be found here: http://www.entropiatouragency.com/how id place medusa.jpg

Now the grey lines show whare each server would be. Of course the obvious thing to have done would have to put the whole thing in one server, but if that was done it would either become part of eudria or amethera, and not be in the middle of the two. Unless ofcourse the area/shape a server takes up can be adapted to thier needs.

Either way, if its placed here, it gives us quite alot of sea to use the new vehicles in, heck they could even thow in a water pvp zone in :p, couldeasily addin rough seas and storms to go through etc.

The far left area, could be added to extend amethera to make a place to get onto the continent by boat, add in some town with docks or something, you get the picture.

Weather this is what we get or not, we will find on the 7th.

Stave

but then they would have to remake the map completely? :silly2: as Eudoria/Amathera are not like that in relation to each other...

im not sure what you mean?

Eudoira and amethera are both continents of calypso, and they said medusa is between the two...

The extra parts to amethera you can see is my estimation of what a complete amethera would look like, going by the vu9.4 map ;) I have a full version on my computer too

::Edit::

Found the full version minus medusa: http://www.entropiatouragency.com/planetcalypso.jpg

This is made by using the server area size to roughly place it all in its position it would be

and ofc pre ce2 amethera: http://home.mountaincable.net/~rexdameon/images/maps/amethera.jpg

it will be positioned south PA.

None of those four squares you're occupying are part of either continent. If you try to journey out there in boat, VTOL, or hovercraft, you just stop at the border. Since 10.x, it's a big flat map, just some points aren't serviced by a server, so the border patrol keeps you out. Go south out of PA and See hw far you get. :)

From a software design standpoint, I'd just put it one square. Given the revive patterns, we already suspect that multiple servers can service one grid square.

I'd probably put it a bit more southwest so as to occupy a single square.

Given that the Medusas are supposed to be between the two, you can't be far off in any case.

Well if you place it on the south west server it would end up being close to amethera to the point of being part of amethera. fanan, if you mean south of pa, west of athena, it would end up being part of eudoira.

The release said between the two.

Alphageek, my map is on the thinking that each server area around opens up so it gains access. and adds some large sea areas to use the new boats in.

but either way, this thread is about whare id place it, not whare i think/it will be placed ;P

acording to the description this land area will only have an area of 35 sqare kilometers. this fit perfectly in one server and leaves room for the water around (1 server is around 64 sqare km).

IF they are going to make it availbale via vehicles then the most efficient place to put it would be the lower left corner of eudoria, this would save resources, no need to use a lot server space just just for water.

Of course they will have to explain why we never noticed it before and how comes amethera is so close :D.

Well if you look on the map, you will see amethera and eudoria have a large expanse around them, if you moved them like you sugguest, they would end up being one landmass and look stupid

It would also go completely against what amethera will/was going too look like when its complete.

Of course, my map is how it would be in an ideal world, lets hope they find some reasonable setup that looks asthetically pleasing and suitable

They also never said it would be accessable from both continents. so doesnt have to be like that straight away. But part of me hopes it will be as it makes touring easier (as i hate TI city for a start point)

im thinking medusa head islands is only part of a new continent that will be sold soon, there very well may be more to the islands they are adding in that they are not telling us about but not for sale. we will see :)

Well we never know what they have plan in the future. but as you said about more stuff being sold, if they did my idea, or very similar. They could add a few land areas to that extra part of amethera and sell those on easily. All depends if the medusa sale + the few potential amethera land areas + the shop sales in the deer mall makes adding 4-5 servers worth it.

After all with boats here and maybe even submarines on the way. adding large expanses of water isnt such a pointless option. enable pvp somewhare and it adds to whats possible with whats already here.

Who knows....

I was planning to start new thread about this but its propably not needed (by any breathing creature in existence): lets WHINE about this new entity! Who's loosing? Again the have's getting what have-not's never will? The whine section is seriously lacking raw gunpowder! :silly2:

Just go in game, zoom out the map, draw a line between amtheria and eudora, and put medusa somewhere on that line. You will be pretty dang close to where it goes me thinks!

But on this note. I wonder if they plan to finish amtheria one day. Since pieces were chopped off in the vu10 transition. Pieces that you couldn't go to but did exist geographically speaking. And also existed at least somewhat geometrically speaking they were in game, and sometimes people ended up in those areas by accident!

I belive they opened up areas as they needed, depending on population and some other reasons i guess. And its safe to assume they will continue along that.

And yeah i heard it did exsist, but they didnt open for the reasons above. And the fact they like to introduce new native creatues for every new area they open.

Last edited:
hmm.. another rectangular continent.. now we soon have 3

You say that, but well its says for them to add a few islands to the sides to round it out. The map we have may just be the part being sold

Back