What a mess this is

Miccey

Dominant
Society
Swedish Warrior
Mikae Miccey Diamond
I send a supportticket to MA/FPC.
This is my reply:

"Thanks for the generic responsmessege..

But overall you have made a MESS..

I was playing the game before all updates with 25-35FPS
in VERRY HIGH settings..Now after all updates i have massive
framedrops, ctd´s and overall a BAD playtime..

Now, PLEASE read my messege again and you WILL find info about
relevant systemspecs..

/Mike"

My specs are:
AMD Phenom 9500 2.2 Ghz
3GB ram
Nvidia 8800GT 1GB
Win Vista32
Norton IS 2009
M-Audio Delta 1010LT soundcard

ALL DRIVERS ARE UPDATED..

Now, i can play for like 5-20 min then i either ctd or i get connection
lost..
Frack:mad:

I send a supportticket to MA/FPC.
This is my reply:

"Thanks for the generic responsmessege..

But overall you have made a MESS..

I was playing the game before all updates with 25-35FPS
in VERRY HIGH settings..Now after all updates i have massive
framedrops, ctd´s and overall a BAD playtime..

Now, PLEASE read my messege again and you WILL find info about
relevant systemspecs..

/Mike"

My specs are:
AMD Phenom 9500 2.2 Ghz
3GB ram
Nvidia 8800GT 1GB
Win Vista32
Norton IS 2009
M-Audio Delta 1010LT soundcard

ALL DRIVERS ARE UPDATED..

Now, i can play for like 5-20 min then i either ctd or i get connection
lost..
Frack:mad:

with an 8800 you wont be able to play in all very high settings, so nothing more about that. but there is also a problem with the nvidia drivers at the moment which will get fixed and if you only read the news you would know about it.

so in essence the only thing you did by sending support yoru message was to make them more busy than they already are and waste their time. :)

One think that is kind bugging me is why everyone with those cards played crisis well… but are in big trouble with CE2 in EU.

I’m mean seriously doesn’t any one ask why?:(

8800 GT was (and is) pretty damn card. We are not talking low level cards. What is really wrong?:dunno:

One think that is kind bugging me is why everyone with those cards played crisis well… but are in big trouble with CE2 in EU.

I’m mean seriously doesn’t any one ask why?:(

8800 GT was (and is) pretty damn card. We are not talking low level cards. What is really wrong?:dunno:

8800GT will not get you very high on crysis (warhead) either!

with an 8800 you wont be able to play in all very high settings, so nothing more about that. but there is also a problem with the nvidia drivers at the moment which will get fixed and if you only read the news you would know about it.

so in essence the only thing you did by sending support yoru message was to make them more busy than they already are and waste their time. :)

Funny, if I run all very high I get an average of 35FPS.
With 8600GT.
Then again, you are famous for knowing everything, right?
:laugh:

My "for everything except work" machine was built for Crysis (even has a "Built for Cryengine" sticker on the box) and it's 8600GT manages very high everything in Crysis at around 55-60fps.
Just FYI ;)

This is getting extremely frustrating. I've tried 3 different nVidia drivers for my 9800 GTX, and I went from a maximum of about 3 minutes before either getting a CTD or a BSOD to the insta-crash; "Entropia did not shutdown normally" or whatever. :mad:

I feel insulted :(

I can play Crysis (all) at Very High settings (including 4x+AA), 1680x1050 res.

If I use lower settings or a lower resolution, I get very fluid gameplay.

My specs:

AMD Athlon 3800X2
1 gig of ram
8800GT 512 meg.

In the wilderness I can play on very high, 16QAA, no lag thank you very much.
In cities and crowded areas, drop it down to high, 4x AA, works nicely. I imagine this is because of my ram.

But yeah, I don't think the 8800 is your problem.

OP is ofcourse very right. With that setup, crysis plays very smoothly, and graphics look stunning.
You would expect entropia to at least look/play as smoothly as it looked/played in gamebryo, but it doesnt, and the hardware is clearly not at fault here.

Entropia on my laptop looks like im running it on my old pc with 3danalyse turned on. (my laptop is core2duo at 2.6 and 8600 gt)

On my main machine i can turn the settings to medium with no crashes (9600gt and core2duo at 2.3). The game looks like it is in low-res or something even with 2x anti-aliasing on.
I will tweak the settings some more takeing one setting at a time, to avoid crashing.
But in general it is all very disappointing. Gameplay went completely out of the window, and visually it might look stunning on a 3000 dollar+ machine, but for most of us who bought a "crysis able" machine with either 8800gt/9600/9800 or equivalent ati card and a nice core2quad, core2duo, it doesn't live up to expectations.

This is getting extremely frustrating. I've tried 3 different nVidia drivers for my 9800 GTX, and I went from a maximum of about 3 minutes before either getting a CTD or a BSOD to the insta-crash; "Entropia did not shutdown normally" or whatever. :mad:

Did you use the older driver as recommended by MA?

If not try running with the recommended 182.08 driver

Did you reassign any keys on your keyboard?

If yes and you can get ingame - reset your keyboard to default then try this: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/2027835-post22.html

If yes and you can't get ingame - ask support to reset them

The keyboard remapping seems to be the main thing causing a lot of issues. Those who have reset to default and remapped or asked MA to reset them seem to now be ok.

OK STOP...

This IS what i have been doing..OK no glorytales or NONTRUTH:mad:

I HAVE played this game WITH VH settings + 2x AA..
WITH MY SPECS...ok...Before all these updates..
Now it sux..

So everyone who say that cant be done..Just cut it ok..ITS BEEN DONE
My wife played with MEDIUM setting on a P4 3.2, 2Gb ram, 8500Gt 512mb.

So legion im sorry...This time you ARE wrong a assure you...

And to all the rest, thank you for confirming my specs...:yay:
Nadie, ill try that, thanks..

Were do i find the 182.08 For Vista..Can only find XP drivers

Well the 8600 GT was the ‘THINK’ back then I even remember when we got the first 9600 GT.

II mean it was good and I bet it still is.;)

You point that 8800GT won’t get you high in crisis well if you own that GFX better download the demo and try again.

As I say that not noob card, I even got errors on 4890 x 2 like mobs texture missing, mobs go away come back and this is not Nvidia.
I just start to think ‘dev’s’ did not do great work… I don’t want to jump on devs I mean they are on the pressure but there are thinks (not alone the GFX nVidia) that just don’t happen in the gaming industry.:(

I’m not mad am just sad and disappointed from two year wait…:(

Thanfully for me the crashing doesn't happen to me now, I'm running a 7600 gt and in it's day it was a good card.. if i set shading to medium i get 60 FPS and game runs perfect but there is an issue with white light intensity.. i mean it's practicaly blinding, so i have to set shade to high and the game looks fine but i'm reduced to 15-20 FPS.. i guess i'm stuck but i wouldn't be bothered if all i needed to do was upgrade gfx card..i have to replace my entire rig !

I'm not convinced that any future updates are aimed at fixing the shading problem.

Oh.. and since the last update.. mouse response is bad, so there is certainly something about it that impacts performance

Back