What am I missing :D

Kimmi

Slayer
Kimmi Kimmi EFnet
miss.jpg

I couldnt belive this... so had to make a screen of it.

Is anyone else experiencing Miss like this?

I almost posted this in the achivement section.

yes , i do , miss like critik come often in wave...but in long rung you still are around 10% miss +/-1%

I guess after infinite number of shots it is possible to get infinite (smaller infinity then the first one) number of misses.
The same with crit, but people forget about them and make screenshots only for misses.
In your case if you trou a penny and it land on the same side 7 times in a row are you gona be impressed

Wow man...can't say it's ever been that bad for me - though I only use maxed weapons it's not uncommon for me to have 3 misses in a row, or 5 on a mob (I try to kill mobs in 8-12 shots). That is pretty awful though...:scared:

Hmm... Kimmi stole the first beer shipment to arrive on Calypso for himself? :eyecrazy:

You must not hunt very much, that's easy.

beating_kimmi.jpg

You must not hunt very much, that's easy.

beating_kimmi.jpg

I only see 6 missise in a row on your screen... not 7.

...and feel free to compare stats on ET. :silly2:

I don't think I have seen more than 4 misses in a row. Sure, 4 misses, hit, more misses, but not more than 6 in a row. Are you using a weapon you are not maxed on hit?

I don't think I have seen more than 4 misses in a row. Sure, 4 misses, hit, more misses, but not more than 6 in a row. Are you using a weapon you are not maxed on hit?

Im using i2870 T4 + A106 + 2x laser + scope.

6 MISSes in a row and about 10-12 MISSes over-all in the Chat window at the same time I had about three or four times already. Maybe I had 7 MISSes in a row once, but I’m not certain.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

EDIT: Had it happen with various weapon/attachment combinations, usually using uL stuff.

EDIT2: I do crit nicely, however, and I’ve had quite a number of double-crits, too. :)

U definately need more Handgun skills :laugh:

On serious note, my best is also 7 misses in a row but did not make any screen of that :mad:

I had also many many 6 in row ...

Im using i2870 T4 + A106 + 2x laser + scope.

Maybe non-SIB UL have been nerfed then and the "max 4 misses in a row" limit no longer applies, or no longer applies as strongly as for maxed weapons. Or maybe its a bug. It would need a bunch of testing to know.

I get that too from time to time, more often then desirable... I'm guessing the missing rate is not diluted, but instead comes in waves... That's a (not so) polite way of making you loose more then you should while keeping the same "low" miss rate.... Maybe MA is getting advises from the big master minds that are sunking my country while saying we are in fact profitting!

PS - I only use maxed weapons...

miss.jpg

I couldnt belive this... so had to make a screen of it.

Is anyone else experiencing Miss like this?

I almost posted this in the achivement section.

what gun have u used ? old unL that takes lvl 100 to max ? or one u maxed ?

Think about it 7 misses in a row on a maxxed gun should have equal chance of occurrin as about 80 hit. Guesstimate.

Has anyone ever had about 80 hits in a row, definatey not me :wise:

with a fucking p5a i had 7 misses in a row,
1 dmg, then 3 more
that was a expensive mob

Knucklehead ...where are my 3D glasses :eyecrazy:

I've experienced 6 in a row a couple of times.

In my experience though, these long streaks of misses actually are about as regular as the maths dictates.

If we assume a hit rate of 90% (entropedia states 92.5%, but I think that 90% is more accurate and also easier to work with) the miss rate obviously is 10%

What this mean is that, on average, you should experience a single miss once about every 10 shots, 2 in a row every 100 shots, 3 in 1,000, 4 in 10,000, etc.

for 7 in a row, that is 1 in 10,000,000 which is very improbably, however, it is still likely to happen sooner or later if you hunt on a regular basis.

Personally I can easily fire 10k shots in a day, not that I do, but my activity do not compare to those like Kimmi.

So, 10,000,000 / 10,000 = 1,000 or about once every 3 years. (mind you that this does not mean that it can not happen twice in a day, just that it's extremely unlikely.)

So all in all, I wouldn't be too concerned unless you experience this often ;)

Best regards.

Maybe non-SIB UL have been nerfed then and the "max 4 misses in a row" limit no longer applies...

as long as the misses have been written in the chat, there has never been such a limit. IT wouldn't make sense either.

Spam filter not working.
Clearly a bug.
After first MISS other misses shud be hiden.
We shud get - spam detected message lol.
Or we shud get more creative messages on misses...
MISS
HA HA MISS again,
Lol third MISS you noob
YEA MISS, we get more peds from you
Holy MISS
MULTI MISS, do you like that ?

as long as the misses have been written in the chat, there has never been such a limit. IT wouldn't make sense either.

I have never seen more than 4 misses in a row. I'll check my log in the evening to see if I have ever received such (yes, i have all the logs), but I doubt it will prove me wrong.

And I'm not sure why it would not make sense. After all, its just a question of shaping the random function determining the 10% misses, and its not that hard to have one that does not get more than N consecutive fails in a row while still coming up with 10% misses. If it was really true random, we would sometimes see 10+ misses in a row. We don't and that is a very good proof. With the amount of shots fired in Entropia, these would not be unheard of otherwise.

And we would be getting 5 misses in a row rather often.

Spam filter not working.
Clearly a bug.
After first MISS other misses shud be hiden.
We shud get - spam detected message lol.
Or we shud get more creative messages on misses...
MISS
HA HA MISS again,
Lol third MISS you noob
YEA MISS, we get more peds from you
Holy MISS

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
I have never seen more than 4 misses in a row. I'll check my log in the evening to see if I have ever received such (yes, i have all the logs), but I doubt it will prove me wrong.

And I'm not sure why it would not make sense. After all, its just a question of shaping the random function determining the 10% misses, and its not that hard to have one that does not get more than N consecutive fails in a row while still coming up with 10% misses. If it was really true random, we would sometimes see 10+ misses in a row. We don't and that is a very good proof. With the amount of shots fired in Entropia, these would not be unheard of otherwise.

And we would be getting 5 misses in a row rather often.

To experience 10 misses in a row, if would take, on average, 10 billion shots, that's 10,000,000,000. Even if you very able to fire 1 million shots in a day, it would still take around 30 years to get to that number.

It is not just for the fun of it that scientists have actually defined a degree of improbability to equal the impossible (though that definition are working with some quite different number ;) )

and I do actually experience 5 in a row on a regular basis, not like every day or I've experienced it more times than I can remember.

edit:
Just did the maths and a mod merc can, at best, make 123,840 shots in 24 hours so that 30 years is more likely to be 300 years. So, while shooting non stop 24/7 for 300 years with mod merc, you may just get to experience 10 misses in a row.

Think you get my point.

Last edited:
Kimmi I just remembered
perhaps you need to chip in some skills for the gun! :rolleyes:

To experience 10 kisses in a row, if would take...

Ive gotten more then 10 kisses in a row from my GF, didnt take that much :laugh:

Ive gotten more then 10 kisses in a row from my GF, didnt take that much :laugh:

Lol, I better take care of that :D (not to misenterpreted)

Reactions: Wed

Do we get a Quake-voice saying "M-m-m-MULTImiss!" when that happens? :D

To experience 10 misses in a row, if would take, on average, 10 billion shots, that's 10,000,000,000. Even if you very able to fire 1 million shots in a day, it would still take around 30 years to get to that number.

Wouldn't you also have to divide this number with amount of participants shooting? :)

I mean if 10 people shoots that much, would the probability maybe be 10x higher (meaning time req. would be 1/10th)?

Even so, something highly unlikely can happen right away too ;)

Oh also, maybe they are programmed to occur in bunches rather than spread out, and if so that would have a significant effect on the number? :)

That's harsh, man. Especially for one with your talents.

I've had 5 misses in a row several times, but 7 seems excessive. And 10 misses out of 16 shots is Real Harsh.

As others have said, it's Gotta happen now and then, with the number of shots fired being so high, but still hurts.

Keep up the pewpewpew :handgun:

On a similar note, I recently sat 20 trained monkeys in front of 20 typewriters to see if they really could recreate the works of Shakespeare. Sadly they only managed to recreate the works of Francis Bacon :/

Back