Question: What are the costs and time taken to travel in space with a ...

sawachika

Old Alpha
I know that a Sleipnier (C,L) takes roughly 0.05 peds (TT) of oil per 1 AU and it takes roughly 208 seconds to travel a distance of 1 AU.

So what about quads, motherships and privateers? Any ideas?

Thank you.

Motherships use very little oil to move. Maybe some pecs to slowboat across the map. But it takes a couple hours.

motherships use 1.58 oil per km
where quads use 0.9 oil per km plus 1.11 oil per minute of travel

so for the track ark-rock with a flight time of roughly 50 minutes (to keep it easy for calc) the quad will burn about 1 ped in passive oil consumption and 0.25ped for the distance.
The mothership has no passive consumption and will burn roughly 0.44 ped in oil on subwarp traveling for roughly 120 minutes.
The times and fuel burn of course also depend if someone changes altitude on his travels or flys the straightest line possible.
There is also variance if you count atmosphere to atmosphere or station to station or a mix thereof.

Sleipnirs are only minimal faster then motherships if they are mk1 and have an oil consumption of 0.55 per km and 0.55 per min making them burn roughly about 1.167 ped passive and 0.125ped for the distance - total ~1.292 ped - dont nail me on that it was rounded headcalculation ;)

The ped amounts i listed are based on Stones 1.25ped sample assuming that he already included the passive fuel consumption, as im not entirely sure how many km convert to 1 AU.

Last edited:
Thank you, John, Fishface and Kenny.

Didn't know that the oil consumption takes in "both" active and passive...

Hmmmm...so i guess sleip isn't really any better compared to a quad....apart from being cheaper... :lolup:

It took me around 0.74 peds of oil to travel from caly to rock....in the best possible straight line i could do. The journey took ~55 minutes probably....roughly a distance of 16 AUs.

From Rock to Ark, it took about 1.22 peds of oil......24 AUs and 83 minutes for the journey.

Darn.....maybe I should ditch this sleip for a quad instead....cause I thought it would save more fuel but apparently the costs isn't any better (than the quad) but wastes more time instead.....hahaha...

Would have been worse if i got shot and had to re-run a part of the journey hehe.

Thank you for the clarification, you guys.

Back