What area has most active pirates?

Joat

Elite
Society
M.I.S
So where is the highest risk to be shot down in space by pirates?

Most of them will fly into the safe zones surrounding each planet, then they will "change seat" into the passenger seat. This will turn the triangle that other pilots see to blue, and make it look like an unoccupied vehicle, such as a Mothership or Privateer if you arent paying close attention.
It has the added benefit of not consuming any oil while they wait. (exploit)

Then when you arrive at the safe zone from a planet and head out into space, they will switch back into the pilot seat and follow you out to catch you unaware. Or if you are arriving, they will follow you down towards the planet.

Once they blow you up, they race back to the safe zone and TT the loot. Then they go back out to wait for some other unsuspecting player to come by.

It's been my experience that the best pirates tend to hang around at Calypso space station. There are a couple of them around Rocktropia who arent as skilled as pilots, but they are persistent.

The other planets (Cyrene, NI, and Arkadia) are mostly noob pirates.

Typically, once you are out of range of the safe zone, it's safe flying the rest of the way, until you approach the next safe zone. The main exception is around Calypso, at FOMA, CP, and even out to the training grounds there. Some of the pirates there will sort of patrol the area.

Typically, if you are blown up by a pirate, they know that you aren't carrying anything lootable, and they will let you go on your way. There are even some who keep track of who they've blown up repeatedly, and who always have no loot, and they often won't waste ammo on them.

If you're carrying any amount of stackables, I would strongly suggest that you take a mothership. You can get a safe warp for 5 ped on any EFA scheduled flight. Or if you fly frequently, you can get a monthly subscription for 50 ped.

-fish

Timing has alot to do with it also. If your going to transport yourself on friday or weekends there is a better chance at meeting a pirate. Weekdays on off hours there is less chance.

But I agree Caly has the most of them. Ark has the second most. Rocks are easier to run around and Cyrene has none because there is no traffic there. I suspect NI is pretty dang safe too.

and yes the second seat exploit is a nasty one, almost caught me once or twice. but to move they have to turn red. and there view from the second seat seems a bit limited.

my advice as soon as you enter the safe zone from the planet, move to the other side of the space station. then look around for pilots. those in the exploit seat cant see as much and tend not to look there.

If they start to see you there, pick another place to go to. the secret is being quick and moving to a safe spot first and not sitting and looking around

They also get bored easily, so if you wait for awhile they often fly off and do something else... Also when you wait, someone less careful may enter space and they will follow them instead of waiting around for you to do something....

Thanks for replies. :)
Well, I'm not really out to avoid them, more the oposite actually... ;)

Back