Question: What armourfor Aurli's?

Anzak

Stalker
Thinking of going to grind :)laugh:) some Small Aurli's. What Armour is suggested for them? my best is Full Gremlin + 5B. Also I have full BodyGaurd(L) and Full Hunter. (Aslo any tips on a good weapon to kill em?) I have UL3 with A103, may not go and kill em if its to much of a rubbish gun :p

Last edited:
I wouldn't go if you're evader level is under 25-30 and you're hp is under 150. Gremlin + 5b is a good combo but since it's a regen mob you will regret it to go hunt them with UL3+103. I'd say 40dmg/sec is min.

I agree with above, 25-30 evader and 150+ health is a good idea - and even I wouldn't go with less than a P5.

I agree with above, 25-30 evader and 150+ health is a good idea - and even I wouldn't go with less than a P5.

wouldn't do p5a unless it was in a team on cp

Posted via Mobile Device

And with a P5 they will take forever to kill. Takes long with an Apis even...

For armor, Martial & Tiger give a nice boost in protection over Gremlin, while Jaguar & Boar give a slight boost. Many of the (L) parts for those armor can be found at or below the 120% markup that gives them similar eco to gremlin.

if memory serves my martial was shit there but rutuba was great i could be wrong though been a while for me

Rutuba is great if you like paying a ped every time a mob hits you.

Gremlin is perfect for everything but dome 4.

Nothing is perfect for dome4 (ok modfap I suppose).

~135hp, ~15 Evader, ~Boar, ~50dmg/sec weapon

if memory serves my martial was shit there but rutuba was great i could be wrong though been a while for me

rutuba is nice because it has high acid and impact...martial doesnt give you any acid prot. and has a decent impact prot.

rutuba is a bit too much for my taste to decay on cp with all that aggro

Posted via Mobile Device

When I was used to hunt on CP, I was wearing my Mayhem Harness with Serum parts, it was really great.
With the new parts of Mayhem arriving, maybe you could start with Harness and Helmet, 30 acid are really great in CP domes :)

rutuba is nice because it has high acid and impact...martial doesnt give you any acid prot. and has a decent impact prot.

rutuba is a bit too much for my taste to decay on cp with all that aggro

Posted via Mobile Device

Aurlies are just 16% acid, with the rest imp/cut/stb, so martial gives lots of protection for them.

Kreltin are another story, with 75% impact and 25% acid, they do benefit more from armors with acid coverage. However, Martial still protects a bit more than gremlin.

a tiny necro post, would mini-sweeper V1 be good for small aurlis?

I don't know about you're skill level but Sweeper v1 only does 31.2 dmg/sec.

At prof. lvl 50 that would be 26.7 dmg/sec (at a 2.363 dmg/pec)

I wouldn't use that weapon a. because the "low" dmg/sec and b. the loss of eco compared to bigger L weapons.

A breer P5a would be the absolut minimum in my opinion and that one gives 34.3 dmg/sec at a 2.925 dmg/pec (incl markup) amped with 105

I don't know about you're skill level but Sweeper v1 only does 31.2 dmg/sec.

At prof. lvl 50 that would be 26.7 dmg/sec (at a 2.363 dmg/pec)

I wouldn't use that weapon a. because the "low" dmg/sec and b. the loss of eco compared to bigger L weapons.

A breer P5a would be the absolut minimum in my opinion and that one gives 34.3 dmg/sec at a 2.925 dmg/pec (incl markup) amped with 105

Also to mention, that the skill requirement of the p5a is much much lower. Some ppl mentioned you should be around 70 dps, but since ppl use a imp2870 to hunt successful there the 60dps range should fit aswell maybe a bit lower. Taking that into consideration the following weapons might be a choice:
That would mean for laser handgun around hl14 / hl15 ( though hl14 is slightly below that )
for laser rifle lr 59/63/65
BLP handgun - Svempa T15 - X1
BLP rifle - Apis or CB26

For all weapons given they are amped with at least A106 for laser and dante for blp.

For the V1 i'd say when you have the skills for it stick at least an adjusted to it. But your mentioned the Riker UL3 in your initial post so i think you better stick the (L) Path.

The wepon is ofc just one part of your gear. For the smallest dome you see screenies with grem, i guess at least with 5bs attached. And a good Fap helps a lot since these mobs tend to come in packs and attack very fast.

Regards

P.S. that's just the theory since i never hunted on CP, just what was mentioned by more experienced CP hunters here on ef.com

I went recently with ghost + 5b's, hl11+A104, fap 80. I could handle up to watcher, soldier was a bit too tough for me. The way CP is laid out, dome 1 has the lowest maturity, most weak/strong with a few watchers and like 1 soldier. I stayed there (with a quick jaunt to dome 2 just to say I killed a kreltin.)

Ghost/5b was just fine, the problem though is that the regens are random. You are constantly getting jumped by multiple aurli. On average, I was fighting them 3 at a time. Also, don't expect to play eco there. On 200 ped ammo, my armor/fap/plates repairs alone were around 30 ped. I went with ~19 evader, but the armor took the brunt of the damage.

Teams are best, but what I also did was stand back to back with another solo player, and I took the ones that regenned from the rear, and we would help each other if we were getting mobbed.

I don't expect to go back anytime soon though. I did 600 ped ammo, I got 2 globals and 1 hof (~300) and barely broke even though it was my first trip (repair cost wiped out TT profit, and I had nothing worth selling to bring back.) In comparison, my first trip to CND I spent ~600, and I got 2 hofs, many globals, and like over 200% TT return.

So, my advice: if you are going just for the experience, what you have sounds OK, but you'll probably just stay in Dome 1. If you want the full experience in all the domes, you'll probably want at least to be on the high end of Category 2 in Merry Mayhem or the low end of Category 3. I'm in the middle of cat2.

Put on your Grem + 5b, grab a half burned P5, korss H400 or BLP equivalent and just go have some fun in dome 1. Its not like your considering camping at CP. The travel cost is minimal and personally I have had returns better on average there than on Calypso.

But be warned it does cost more than a hunt planet side which is why I am not a regular visitor to CP. 300 ped will give you a great adrenalin charge. A hunt team is always better eco at CP for lo level hunters like me. You are welcome to join with me and a couple of my soc mates just PM me. Been a while since I was on a Aurli grind myself.

** Antipodean Army is a well known Soc with a great reputation and one I would never dishonor. You are safe to hunt with us.

Last edited:
Aurli's arent easy, the major reason that makes them a fairly difficult mob is because they crit alot and on top of that, their fast attack speed makes it worst. Without a decent evade 25+ ur gonna feel that burn.
Furthermore, i feel that HL11 is bare minimum and even then i feel its very slow. With gremlin+5b U need to stay at the side of the dome and tag 1 by 1. The pressure is on when there are other hunters in the dome and stray mobs will aggro on u making life more difficult as it is.

Kreltins are much easier and decay is much less than aurlis.

Back