Question: What Calypso Land Deed ROI do you want?

What is the minimum ROI from Calypso Land Deed that would get you to buy one?

• 5 to 15% ROI per year

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • 16 to 25% ROI per year

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • 26 to 35% ROI per year

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • 36 to 45% ROI per year

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 46 to 55% ROI per year

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 55 to 65% ROI per year

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 66% plue ROI per year

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Not buying any.

Votes: 20 28.6%

• Total voters

Qwackers

Provider
Since MindArk made the announcement about the Calypso Land Lot Deeds there has been significant discussion on the subject. MindArk are attempting to raise $6 million by issuing 60 thousand Calypso Land Deeds at 1000 Ped each. Each deed (1/60,000) will pay to the holder a weekly share of 25% of the Planet Calypso revenue (50% of the Planet Partner Gross Revenue) along with additional voting and land grab lot options. As an example, MindArk stated that based on last year’s revenue the 25% share would have equated to an ROI of 27 - 30% per year for a CLD of 1000 Ped. Around 10% of the CLD have been sold in nearly five days.

Given this data, it ties MindArk's evaluation of Planet Calypso revenue as 30% ROI for a CLD price of 1000 Ped.

So ignoring the initial MA set price of 1000 Ped what is the minimum return on investment per year that would get you buying Calypso Land Deeds?

I've added a couple of charts below to show how ROI expectation governs the free market CLD price and the implication for those who have/intend to buy CLD from MindArk at 1000 Ped if the communities ROI expectation significantly differs for MindArk's.

Also, while it may seem obvious to think "oh, I just want the highest ROI so I chose the highest option", that is not really answering the question. It’s the minimum ROI you would require to buy CLD on the open market. If the CLD price is higher you don’t buy at that price/ROI.

callanddee_data.jpg

It's a bit tricky queastion to answer, because the chance of the revenue of the planet to increase in the future and get a better ROI is also a factor. For exemple, if the ROI was at a rate of 25 %, indepened of the revenue from Calypso, i would probably not buy any. But with the chance of it to increase or decrease with the Calyps revenue, as the current concept looks like, i should probaly buy at a ROI of 25.

Tricky to vote - the differences are huge: 5% - you might as well deposit in a bank (0 risk); 15% on the other hand is a lot better and worth thinking about it. And the high values are ofc unrealistic.

Holy crap you get 5% from your bank? 10% is probably worth it at this time. 30%+ is highly unlikely

Holy crap you get 5% from your bank? 10% is probably worth it at this time. 30%+ is highly unlikely
It depends from time to time. Different banks, different situations etc. Just checked a few banks saw up to 3.3% for EUR, few years ago you could see some insane high % rates. My point was that 5% is low and quite close to bank deposit interest which has no risk. Yeah, it's definitely gonna be a good investment if you buy for MAs price and maybe at first you will get decent %, but will decrease over time. See you in those 20 years when you will start profiting :D Ofc, i know you can resell them, but still it doesn't make them less risky...

It depends from time to time. Different banks, different situations etc. Just checked a few banks saw up to 3.3% for EUR, few years ago you could see some insane high % rates. My point was that 5% is low and quite close to bank deposit interest which has no risk. Yeah, it's definitely gonna be a good investment if you buy for MAs price and maybe at first you will get decent %, but will decrease over time. See you in those 20 years when you will start profiting :D Ofc, i know you can resell them, but still it doesn't make them less risky...

whats to say this game, and RCE wont gain in popularity?

That would make the ROI increase, not decrease like you suggest. What happens if these deeds are so saught after for the systems they implment that the ROI is just a bonus?

we get the official PR in 24 hours. Lets all stay positive eh?

Risk = reward? WHY its not just because.

Most of the risky plays that reward well are met by the same negative attitudes that won't allow themselves to see the positive side of things.

If everyone believes in the system NOW, we wouldnt have the room to change peoples minds from not owning a share to owning one. Without the people on the sideline the shares wouldnt have room to run going forward.

Look at the sales threads.. People will not spend 10's of thousands of dollars without having some answers to there questions... But that hasn't stopped these players from liquidating items, from depositting more cash.

Theres never been more high value items in the sales thread as before this week.

With so much negatvity around this oppertunity, the chance for this to run is so great I almost want to do unethical investments because I believe so much in this.

Its up to you people what you feel is right / wrong. Constantly portaying a negative image to the new players will NOT help retention rates. Nor will negativity help our community in this time of change. Valid pts are a different story, bitching about trust, ect ect from whatever your personal experiences are time and time again do not attract people. And then on the same hand those people will complain about the community being so small and there loots aweful.

The more respect the community gives to one another the more viable a platform this becomes.

Last edited:
Speculation, let the deeds roll out then analysis;)

Isn't the present trend people selling off their possessions that they use to generate turnover while expecting the deeds to still somehow magically pay dividends? No decay, no PEDs for Calypso PP.

Isn't the present trend people selling off their possessions that they use to generate turnover while expecting the deeds to still somehow magically pay dividends? No decay, no PEDs for Calypso PP.

Are you trying to get cheaper shares, or really just having a hard time realizing this move is what the games evolution was coming to?

Some may have sold items they use, Most have sold items that went unused for a long time. Putting them in the hands of potentially people who will use them.

This could be a great boost to decay...

Is your glass half empty today bud? =/

Tomorrow will start a influx of new and impressional noobies. We should be keeping it positive if you love the game, if you dont, get out already!

My thoughts

Are you trying to get cheaper shares, or really just having a hard time realizing this move is what the games evolution was coming to?

Some may have sold items they use, Most have sold items that went unused for a long time. Putting them in the hands of potentially people who will use them.

Tomorrow will start a influx of new and impressional noobies. We should be keeping it positive if you love the game, if you dont, get out already!

1) It is a fact that Auction sales have increased to 120%: there used to be approximatively 1000 pages for one year, there is 1200 pages since the sales start. It may of course be a coincidence that most people suddenly decided to clean their storage. We are free to believe what we want. :silly2:

2) However, I believe that counting on the confidence of the new players to join and deposit in order to pay the shares dividends of the no-longer depositing players owning Calypso looks like some famous financial scheme. :eyecrazy:

3) I really can't find any serious bank or financial company proposing a 27% investment rate product in my country. Why? :scratch2:

4) Doing some maths, I count that if the 60K shares produce a 27% ROI which is said to be 50% of 50% of the Gross Revenue, this annual Revenue is therefore 6M USD * 27% * 4 = 6.48M USD. If I had such a profitable product, I would be very selfish and keep it for me only. :tongue2:

"Entropia Universe - It's more than a game, it's a financial product", new slogan? :laugh:

"Cheaper shares" ? It is extremely unlikely MA will sell any of the deeds cheaper than 1K PED. And these are not shares.

"Some may", "most have" ... have you really looked at auction ?

Really. Lets see them arrive and deposit first. Even more, lets see how many of them will stay to depo a second time. Especially all the ones that lost their depo in Opalo hunting.

Voted "Not buying any", waiting until I see some hard proof of the most awesome return that will happen :laugh:

Not sure if I can see 1million PED or more in revenue per week, even with all the people on Calypso. Because revenue has not been clearly explained by MindArk, what counts as revenue, decay, aution fees, shop taxes, anything tossed into manufacturing terminal etc. It is just to up in the air still as to what MA will use to calculate revenue for the Deeds.

just my opinions.

Back