What critters were you scared of as a noob?

NaomiScott

Provider
Usually found roaming the hills around Port Atlant
Society
Entropia Maniacs
Naomi "Concubine" Scott
I've been playing my current avatar on and off for a little over a year now, with these last two months being the most attention I've ever really given Entropia. I've joined a Society, I've developed a 'game plan' for improving my avatar and I've made good headway with the goals I've set myself. All in all I'm really enjoying the game for the first time.

One of the things I have noticed recently is that mobs that used to terrify the pants off me no longer pose as much of a threat as they used to. Argonauts, which used to eat me in two bites, are now just furry walking loot bags. Armax are nothing more than puppies looking to play. Even young Atrax and Atrox make me laugh more than curse these days. The critters I used to avoid like the plague have slowly become my favoured prey as my skills and equipment have improved.

Having said that, there are still a few that I wouldn't want to bump into on a clear and sunny day, such as Ambulimax and spiders. These are still able to slap me sideways with one swipe and if I see one on the horizon I quickly run the other way. For now.

This got me to wondering. What critters in Entropia used to scare you when you first went exploring, and which ones do you still run (or drive) away from when you see them?

I dont want to come across him on a dark night :laugh:

Still a noob

Spongey

You can search at Entropedia or to use a lifescanner. If mob has very great health and is very dangerous for U; then you must RUNNNN!!!! ;)

And if the red point at your radar is very visible from far away RUNNN too!!

I was scared of atrox :O

And I would of been scared of Hydra if some people *not mentioning any names* hadn't of turreted it :eyecrazy:

I was scared of atrox :O

And I would of been scared of Hydra if some people *not mentioning any names* hadn't of turreted it :eyecrazy:

dont worry, 3 more hydra to come ;)

Atrox, Atrax, Faucervix... Anything that looked like a dinosaur

Spiders...

Oh wait, I still am :D

Definitly Hogglos when I first came to treasure island and met this big bastard running like hell towards and chewed me down i a couple of seconds :)

Atrox (didnt have the health they have now, but Im pretty sure their aggro range was higher)

Hogglo

:)

This got me to wondering. What critters in Entropia used to scare you when you first went exploring, and which ones do you still run (or drive) away from when you see them?

When I started to play PE, I asked my mentor about mobs and the difference between mature and dominant. He explained to me, that Stalkers are very dangerous... One sunny day, I explored Easy Scylla Mountains and saw a Fugabarba Stalker in front of me, I turned around and ran as fast as I could :D:D

Back then, I didn't know that they were harmless. :laugh:

Now, I fear no mob, because the HOLY water can save me.

p.s
This reminds me of one funny incident while I was a newb in PE.
I tried to run away from Berycled mature... when I reached TP, two guys laughed at me, and one of them said "lol, look... satans is runing from a chicken"

When i was zero skilled, i was pretty much afraid of anything that moved,

untill i bought pixie, then i was afraid of anything bigger than a berycled,

untill i skilled up to m2a and bought shogun, then i kept my fear of atrax and biggger,

untill i bought ghost, then my fears were down to big atroxes, spiders and CP foes (and ofcourse all "uber" animals).

untill i skilled even more, now my fears are basically just the toughest creatures there are, dont like "running into" a dasp, or eomons, or the uber-dome on CP.

Untill ive finished my JAG set and aquired just a tad more defensive skills ;)

// Exo

I dont want to come across him on a dark night :laugh:

Still a noob

Spongey

I have never seen one of these guys up close are they still around?
Peace.
PS Faucervix was the one I stayed away from.

Trox for sure, always confused them with Trax (which I could kill) and more then ones was killed by a Trox that I thought was a Trax.

Atrox was really scary(also before the nerf on them) and all mobs that was big were scary :D
And ofc all robots was too dangerous to even look at :D

Now any spider above babies, those stalking trox and dasps(even tho they are kinda cute :)) big ambus are kinda scary too but usually treats me with respect as long as I respect them.
And almost forgot those silly Osseocollum those are scary still too lol

Atrox was really scary(also before the nerf on them) and all mobs that was big were scary :D
And ofc all robots was too dangerous to even look at :D

Now any spider above babies, those stalking trox and dasps(even tho they are kinda cute :)) big ambus are kinda scary too but usually treats me with respect as long as I respect them.
And almost forgot those silly Osseocollum those are scary still too lol

ah osse how many times have i not turn around and started shooting at the kerberos chasing me only to die

.. i'm still afraid of merps... they come form behind with a huge horn o_O "horn y" he he

I spent my first 6 months as a non-depo miner. In that time I did so little hunting that I don't think i even maxed the opalo. The mob that killed me more than any other and seemed to always be standing on or near my claims were merp.

The complacency of a painless revival has taken most of my fear away now. Sure I cant kill everything and there is plenty that can still kill me, but it pisses me off more than makes me afraid.

The most fun then or now though is a full team of opalos killing something that hits you for over 100hp per attack. I have had a lot of fun hanging out with all the new people on Rocktropia lately killing dragons. Except for the painless revival part, I think that style of hunting is more "realistic" than any in the game. 12 people with pea-shooters pew pewing away at a massive dragon that does 1.5x most of the members full hp bars each time it breaths on one of them.

Tons of fun but I'm not afraid :)

narfi

Atrax and atrox.

Those little fuggers would always find me after running for 15 minutes or more trying to get to a tp, and they would all of a sudden show up from WAY away and kill me making me start over.

Everything else was never really common enough or annoying enough to remember. But man those stupid trax/trox!

There is still plenty of stuff that can wipe the floor with me because i dont own the armor to survive them. But at least i can go pretty much where i want these days!

Hey Concubine :wave:

Ty for the fun TP Run we did the other day, always nice to have company while mining :D

Ontopic...

Got to say Hogglo was pretty darn scary, and I still avoid Falx when ever I can :cool:

When I was noob I killed trox and warriors

But now I am just scared the hell when I see any mobs.

I dont want to waste any peds to kill those lootless buggers

Way back when there were groups of sweaters at the cliffs Northwest of Zychion Citadel... kinda on the way to Camp Phoenix. On those cliffs we would get at just the right angle and the Cornundcauda could not follow us up the hill and they could be sweated for quite a while. Occasionally, a Feffoid would come along and boy would us sweaters scatter :laugh:

The sound of thud thud thud as is came stomping at us was terrifying back then.

Definately Atrox...spend hours at an outpost because of them, until I was saved.
When I was finally strong enough to take on the small ones I went back to that outpost and spent again a few hours, because I did not remember that there were Guradians to Alphas there (small outpost in the mountains on the way to Fort Argus).

Definately Atrox...spend hours at an outpost because of them, until I was saved.
When I was finally strong enough to take on the small ones I went back to that outpost and spent again a few hours, because I did not remember that there were Guradians to Alphas there (small outpost in the mountains on the way to Fort Argus).
hehe remember that one, if it's the one that had feffoids too

worst OP ever to get stuck on, was saved a few times and late 9.x saving people instead lol

Argo Hunters were my nightmare mobs... i did a lot of young argos in the hills and seeing a Hunter meant instant death :eek:

My first kill of a Hunter was an epic revenge, nowadays I keep running and start shooting them off my back if there are more than 3 or so. Times change :cool:

/Slupor

If you haven't got any weaponry then any mob that attacks is scary ;)

On my first day i was scared of the Daikiba rofl

Not Daikiba but the mighty Exarosaur was it to me. After understanding something of the gameplay and stuff, and in possession of some 'gear'.. DEFINITELY Atrox!

*thump* *thump* *thump* omg I'm dead meat. :D

I still have the bias to start shooting random atrox on my way just because now I can and because I keep remembering the horrors they gave me back then.

Edit: Must add Araneatrox, but it was something that could not be found so regularly, besides its beoynd the evil.

Last edited:
After i understood something about the game, it was defo the fungoid, used to run up past it exploring the land not realising it was a mob thiking it was a plant :p

When i was a total noob neconu used to make me go and hide. I used to be like, aww look @ that cute small blue animal with tiny legs in the back and boom... 90.3 dmg. But now i can kill them and i am happy.

Last edited:
Back