What did SEE actually pay 6 million dollars for?

jenny ferr

Elite
Society
Modified Perception
Jennifer Jenny ferr
Items and mobs seems to still be MindArks since it shows up on other planets then Calypso, and this cant be a bug or system failure or it would have been corrected after the items fuckup.

So what exactly did SEE buy from MindArk?

Discuss please as I got no clue :dunno:

For some employees and a virtual ball. And 50% of decay profits from the virtual ball.

For some employees and a virtual ball. And 50% of decay profits from the virtual ball.

Don't for get that that ball has the oldest and highest paying customer base in the universe. They came with it.

Also because of its history it has a fully functional economical balance in place already, something that will take any new planet years to establish.

narfi

Items and mobs seems to still be MindArks since it shows up on other planets then Calypso, and this cant be a bug or system failure or it would have been corrected after the items fuckup.

It seems like the previously laughable idea that they just got the virtual real estate might not really be so laughable after all. So maybe the Guiness record was for the right thing. The biggest virtual estate sold ever. No IP included.

Don't for get that that ball has the oldest and highest paying customer base in the universe. They came with it.

Also because of its history it has a fully functional economical balance in place already, something that will take any new planet years to establish.

narfi

And the only boundary mostly keeping them there is a $4 travel fee. Maybe they did intend to buy it, but at the end of the day it's only a players temporary location.

It seems like the previously laughable idea that they just got the virtual real estate might not really be so laughable after all. So maybe the Guiness record was for the right thing. The biggest virtual estate sold ever. No IP included.

Technically the $6m sale wouldn't count for the most expensive virtual item world record because they didn't buy the planet they bought the company which owned the planet as an asset (FPC).

I just want to know where the 6 million dollars came from, i think money was certainly strong connections by MA before they got the money from SDS ---->the same people who work there in the the same building.:cool:

Well, what do they quote for ped turnover for a year 450 million? thats 45 million dollars and if they take 10% thats 4.5 million. Split that 50/50 and they will take in about 2 million a year. So they will earn that back in 3 years....before overhead anyway...so say 4-5 years.

MA gets a short term cash infusion; and they get to dump the hassle of developing a planet and can concentrate solely on platform building.

Technically the $6m sale wouldn't count for the most expensive virtual item world record because they didn't buy the planet they bought the company which owned the planet as an asset (FPC).

But that is getting very technical. Also, SDS did technically exist before the sale closed (see the old 'who bought planet calypso' threads) so there was a time when the sweidish companies register had both fpc and sds in it. maybe still does. Its an interesting question at which point did selling the subsidiary become selling the virtual rel estste called planet calypso but as far as I can tell right now, the effect is very much as if buying virtual real estate was all they did buy.

Sorry, buying virtual real estate and a single item design, Omegaton Pitbull (C,L).

pixels, textures, structures, designs, functions and a lot of them!

Last edited:

Erm for Calipso and its player base?

narfi

good comment :lolup:

I just want to know where the 6 million dollars came from, i think money was certainly strong connections by MA before they got the money from SDS ---->the same people who work there in the the same building.:cool:

Totaly agree...Let me try 2 explain how do I see this.....
MA first gives extremly High bonuses during 2-3 years to certain ppl. who after that guess what open New Company SDS and then they pay back money to MA....Is this should be calling legal money loundering not sure but all case just Stinks so much....

firt put MA under thumb.
sealed settlement. SL
Orginised crime, Money laundry.

How much money goes where?
Neverdie?? morgages house while wife works to pay for start of video game king.
I dont believe a word of it.
I dont care.

SEE is in florida?? More drug money in that state then all of the rest of America.
Looks like somone stole MA and now uses it to launder money.
Used a court case to do it too.
Sure some are inocent. The investors are NOT

firt put MA under thumb.
sealed settlement. SL
Orginised crime, Money laundry.

How much money goes where?
Neverdie?? morgages house while wife works to pay for start of video game king.
I dont believe a word of it.
I dont care.

SEE is in florida?? More drug money in that state then all of the rest of America.
Looks like somone stole MA and now uses it to launder money.
Used a court case to do it too.
Sure some are inocent. The investors are NOT

It has long been known that the game is a prfekt place to wash the money.

narfi

aka Goodwill :)

I dont think MA owns any items or mobs, owns just platform (soft)

Not defending, but anyone cares 2 explain how EU could work as a $ laundry?

Officer; Where did you get all this money from??
Player; A couple of Argo's and 3 very nice towers!! :yay:
Officer; :scratch2:

I thought so too, then drones and daikiba and malcruentor showed up on Rocktropia.

Avatar A depos $$$$$ and uses it to by a calypso elf shoes for the full amount.

Avatar B, that bought the shoes for 5 peds the previous days, withdraws his legal auction jackpot of $$$$$.

ok, so in a more realistic case, there are some extra twists and turns and a longer chain. this is why there are withdrawal delays like there are and fees and why everybody involved in suspicious trades gets locked. Actual laundering schemes noramlly don't lsoe as much as the fees so its unlikely EU gets used for this.

When tax authorities ask me how do I have money for my big house with pool and bentley I say: "The house is from HOF in 2005, the pool is from HOF 2006 and the car I looted on Arkadia Bentley promotion"

Lets say you put in 100.000$ Black money and buy a lets say "whatever" and later sell it for 50.000$ and you have white money.The hard part is to let some 1 to put in the 100.000$ ( but there is ways ).

And to explain where you got these $ 50,000 are simple and if you want you can take them out in any country.

or if you just want to hide your money in many countries, the tax is higher than the depreciation in the value that you may encounter here.

It's just a bit simple imaginative explanations.

When tax authorities ask me how do I have money for my big house with pool and bentley I say: "The house is from HOF in 2005, the pool is from HOF 2006 and the car I looted on Arkadia Bentley promotion"

Fuzz says:
POI can you provide prima facie screenies

POI replies:
Here's some screenies

A way for investors and possibly others to transfer money around???????? Dunno if that's but .. have to wonder at this point. Will wait for their financial info to come out though.. aren't they long long over due?????

well, they've brought a relativly successfull business. they have secured 1/2 all future revenues from a established 30-40k players in MMO that untill last year made a profit and very good return on investment. if you contrast to some dot com valuations of prospective future user values, its the steal of the (last) decade. whether those earnings continue is another matter, but someone has decided its going to stick around long enough to see a return. it doesnt need to be that long either.

i wonder if you risk redrawing history there, i recall the SDS established office in Sweden after the deal. the same people working there isnt really very surprising when they brought the company, it kinda goes with the process.

i do have to chuckle at money laundering idea, i can think of ways that don't lose 50% or need investment in a foreign company. i think if anyone took the time to research SEE they could no doubt find the source of their funding. or we can start a myth instead. if you really want to know where themoney came from, dont ask round here.

The orginised crime in america follows the courts looking for wounded companys.
They then take what they can by force or with cash.

In the case of EU the SL case open the door for this.
Now you will see an upserge in the number of new players who deposite.
You will never see the players online hunting.

Mob pays 1/10 of 1$ US for each new avatar made.
People in other countrys open 1000 avatars a day. =100US$ pay for each day.

Now the mob has 1,000,000 accounts

In comes the neteller. Cash deposites and such to account that have no name.

Mob reports 10,000,000 $ each week deposited and spend on taxes in the area(s) they own.
Clean money.

Goverment asks who depostied this money. Mobs:"Go ask Neteller or paybycash or ultimate game card."
Goverment has no time to check 1,000,000 avatars and what they are doing or where the money came from.
They no longer care. Mob pays taxes on clean money and eveyone is happy.

Not us. The mob does not care if we win or even have fun. They dont care if we even stay and deposite.
We do help to muddy the water with real depostie they can point at.

Lots of ppl here really don't have clue how money laundering works.

-The practice of disguising the origins of illegally-obtained money. :wise:

It's kinda hard to disguise a depo in EU, don't you think? Regardless of what you do next, you cannot poor large amounts of money in EU without it getting noticed.

My thoughts are that, in practice, so did MA bought up themselves, but on paper it looks like another company that owns it now.

My thoughts are that, in practice, so did MA bought up themselves, but on paper it looks like another company that owns it now.

yes. this has a good chance of truth in it.
New image. New name. New big time invester intersted.

Maybe CocaCola would not put a sign in PA because the SL suit hurt the image of Entropia. (they did steal-and repay)
Many company will not work with others who have tarnished images.

Good one Valentin.

It was See virtual worlds that bought FPC from MA and renamed it to See digital studios.

Calypso do not provide any income without depositing players and MA didnt sold engine - platform.

They paid for us - customers.

Mob pays 1/10 of 1$ US for each new avatar made.
People in other countrys open 1000 avatars a day. =100US$ pay for each day.

Now the mob has 1,000,000 accounts

you're imaginative, but how do you distribute the cash to all those other people controling the avatars?

would you care to explain how, or indeed why, you would do that?

Back