What do you miss from old Project Entropia?

Simple, everything including the bugs :)

I was thinking again about this question.
What I really miss is the exciting pioneer spirit of my first time at Calypso. It was an adventure. Now it has become a job. Quiet normal after seven years I think.

"I was eleven, later I became
sixteen. I didn't aquire merits,
but those were the
wonderful years."

Truman Capote, The Grass Harp

Last edited:
Travelling around as a floating ghost i kind of miss. :)
And i somewhat miss that you had to travel back to nearest outpost/city to revive yourself. But i wouldn't want it back now with the huge distances to everything lol.

And peds in loot ofc! :yup:

I think this explains it lol... 2004 or 2005. I've never had a loot screen like this since. But oh I do enjoy browsing the really old HOF screenies on here :D

These are also some fun ones I remember seeing:

And the Ui was more smother :cool:

I think this explains it lol... 2004 or 2005. I've never had a loot screen like this since. But oh I do enjoy browsing the really old HOF screenies on here :D

Beautiful HoF Rave, was that near Tantardion/Tantillion plateau? Had many crazy memories (good and bad) hunting there!

Beautiful HoF Rave, was that near Tantardion/Tantillion plateau? Had many crazy memories (good and bad) hunting there!

That's exactly where it was lol, I was on my way to the crashed ship to trap ambulimax I believe (or on the way to warriors). There was always a random atrax or two wandering around, and this one agroed me. At the time the ML35 and DOA SH sold for about 5000 together. Imagine had I kept those until now, such a change in price, if only I had known! :dunce:

I also popped an Angel Harness (M) in a non-global from a Warrior on the plateau. Interesting that area was so good to me, and now its gone lol...

You know what I really miss? Today is 3 years since the day that changed everything. In the old EU there would be all kinds of parties and role-playing dedicated to it and a story on the main page of the forum. In the new EU there isn't even a thread on the forum about it. A lot of people treat the game more as a work than a fun, the work they don't even like much but as though are forced to do.

That's exactly where it was lol, I was on my way to the crashed ship to trap ambulimax I believe (or on the way to warriors). There was always a random atrax or two wandering around, and this one agroed me. At the time the ML35 and DOA SH sold for about 5000 together. Imagine had I kept those until now, such a change in price, if only I had known! :dunce:

I also popped an Angel Harness (M) in a non-global from a Warrior on the plateau. Interesting that area was so good to me, and now its gone lol...

Hah, very few people predicted the type of inflation that peaked in '08. At least you looted some nice stuff and have some fond memories :)

I really miss this area.. now that I think about it most of my hunting pre '06 happened either SW of there on Longu/Armax, north on Formidons or south m2201 team skilling on Tantardions hah. Trapping Ambu's was quite good back in the day, my old soc leader got a piece of shadow armor doing that.

I think the whole environment revamp alienated me a bit. Lost all my old hunting and mining grounds, and while I thought I would cherish re-discovering the world all over again, it had lost character. Everything looks prettier but lacks charm.

I think the whole environment revamp alienated me a bit. Lost all my old hunting and mining grounds, and while I thought I would cherish re-discovering the world all over again, it had lost character. Everything looks prettier but lacks charm.

My sentiments exactly, reading that was mind blowing.

So many things...
Previous posters said good things.

I will only say 'hope'.
When you look back, remember how it was, how it could have been improved back then.
. See what it is now, PE was the original game, it died. Now in all the PE 'mods' arkadia is the nearest from what PE was, yet different. Planet Calypso wh still have the 'original content' lost charm and spirit since FPC era, and a bit already before.
Since it went from PE to EU (New Oxford) I only remember a massive amount of epic fails.
The only one i can be remember being happy with is that we don't have a planet Michaeel:laugh:
It had potential when i first logged in, there is still a strong potential but MA seems never to figure it after all these years.

I miss almost everything from old Project Entropia :( That was the game I loved. Arkadia is the closest to what the game used to be.

I miss going out with just my Jester and Mann and 100PED of ammo and coming back with a ton of skills. I miss finding an igni or diripi and skilling first aid in a quiet place, or gathering a bunch of noobs who sweated the thing all around you, or running around 'focusing' and healing players. I miss the thrill of tagging a spidey and using decoys while it chased you for ages until you got to a spot where you could safely kill it. I miss the excitement of visiting spider valley or the rig, places that were dangerous and mysterious and had to be seen. I miss loot windows filled with PED and nice armour and weapons - nothing like what you have today. I miss going out with mining equipment and finding veins and being overloaded with ores and enmatters. I miss going out with an Enblade or ClericDagger and skilling on umbranoids or going through a load of cheap powerfists for lots of skills and strength gains on small mobs. I miss how Port Atlantis would be teeming with old and new players alike, everyone helping eachother, trading, and discovering new things. I miss hunting in a team and having the mob chase you while the other player ran behind shooting the thing, and then going 'OK, now it's your turn!' I miss hearing about 'bot attacks and watching the big boys tank those nasty Warlocks in their high-end gear and using their Holy Grail pieces of equipment and thinking 'Wow, I wanna be able to do that!', while I was there taking out the smaller drones and warriors and still 'doing my bit' to thwart the robot threat against the Calypso community - noob and uber all together playing their part in the story!

Fact is, Entropia will never be the same as it was "back then", and I think that applies to someone starting 10 year, 5 years or even 2 years ago. Things move on and I'm just grateful to have been a part of a particular era that I have so many great memories of. Ah, those were the days!

Still, that doesn't mean there isn't fun to be had in Entropia as it is today :)

Fact is, Entropia will never be the same as it was "back then", and I think that applies to someone starting 10 year, 5 years or even 2 years ago. Things move on and I'm just grateful to have been a part of a particular era that I have so many great memories of. Ah, those were the days!

Never seen those vids before, thanks for the memories :)

Effort. I miss the effort required to gather a team to go on a beacon or "big mob hunt" (like hogglos and globaling half a dozen times in an hour). I miss the effort required to get a pilot, go to the hangar, GET IN THE SEAT, just to get to Crystal Palace or CND.
Events. I miss the sold-out Hunter's Unlimited events. I miss the seasonal hunting contests. I miss Champions League.
Markup. I miss the ten to twenty percent markup even average loot had which made the whole thing a helluva lot more affordable!

But most of all, I really really miss...
People. There were never less than a dozen people at Twins regardless of the time of day, and two dozen at the Port Atlantis TP.

did i mention the good loot and GREAT music...

i get nostalgic when i hear it...

I REALLY miss pvp2 the old oil rig...
I really miss a time before tiering and weapons that outpace protection and HP...

I really miss robots attacks the way they used to be... atlas haven... or PA... the old PA...

I pretty much miss PE... i would drop EU and play PE any day :(

I've never seen a sky look so alien!

So you're saying that we should just billow our sails and let the wind take us home, is that it?

We are lost, aren't we?

A million strange stars and only one wish: I wish we were home.

I dont miss the old graphics though.

:sweat:

What I miss most of all is being able to outrun mobs, now you need over 80 agility to outrun a Combibo!

what i miss more? the loot, simple answer. Those who played at the time know what i'm talking about..

I miss the name.

badabidibaba

And this. :wise:

The original teaser video for PE showed Hadesheim alive and bustling with people. Little hover cars zooming around, people on balconies of apartments socializing, etc etc. BRING THAT BACK!.

Okay, here:

It is sort of funny how most of the things promised in that video were not actually in-game at the time, but are now.

Haha, I just watched the Sayah King video on YouTube the other day, thanks for posting it Konve! This video filled me with so much hope when it first came out. The first day I logged into PE in pre-Gold, I was so ecstatic and the game captured me immediately and I was like that for a few years. But those days are long gone, and I feel like MA took a different direction than what was presented in this video. Yes, some of it is the same, but I feel like introducing PPs bastardized the game and brought up too many questionable partnerships. MA should have stayed MA as it was, kept the game to itself, and built its own new planets. The proper advertising would have brought in the player base they hoped to gain through PPs, but would have left them in full control without us debating the legitimacy of some of these partners. They could have focused on the game content we've been asking about and begging for over the last decade. :wise:

i miss peds in the loots

The idea of building up a virtual life, not only hunt/mine/craft.

Hi,

What do you miss from old Project Entropia?

Reading this thread made me sad. So much we've lost! So, what would be my personal top 5?

1. I miss the people. I miss it to be able to TP to the swamp camp, to PA or to Twins, and to always find some dozens of people there, regardless of day time.
    And I miss all those friends that are not here anymore. I'm missing you!
  2. I miss PE's soul. The strange look of many participants, the crazy landscape, the funny things scattered all over the place.
    We've got a shiny new version, polished and made with a lot of effort, with reflections and whatever eye candy, but it's just a sterile Barbie & Ken theme park now. No soul anymore.
  3. I miss "the community". We're all hunting our personal goals now, we don't socialize this much anymore, well, a lot of mechanics for this have vanished - the music boxes, sitting, laying.
    EU has become more of a single player game with MMO aspects it seems. And more "chores" compared to the previous "not-a-game".
    It has been become "a hunt for the PED". See below.
  4. I miss the adventure and the fun. Taking 4 or 5 random newbies to a TP run, and killing big Atroxes with their massive Opalo power. Finding stranded newbies at a sieged outpost, and rescuing 'em in hour-long battles. Today I'd just spawn my VTOL.
    Yes, because it would be much too expensive for me to do otherwise. All of the "mobs of today" have got regeneration, and crazy amounts of HP. A todays Atrox Old is a sissy compared to the old-time Atrox, damage-wise. But it has insane HP, and regen, now. No fun anymore, with my limited dam/sec, and the few aiding opalos ...
    And a high chance to burn reasonable PED's on this Atrox Old, for another yellow line.
  5. And I miss the loot. Don't get me wrong, I'm doing not worse than before, and I'm not complaining. But it has changed:
    Once even small critters could, even not this rarely, loot something of interest. A GSI, an UL gun, an UL armor part, worth TT+20 or even better.
    Today anything but the few HP + Regen Monsters only loot TT fodder anymore. All looting done by low-cost hunters or skilling newbies is this much worthless meanwhile, you could as well go to a "hunting terminal", drop your PED's, and receive your skills. This would, at least, save you the hassle of "select gun", hit "auto-mode", wait 'til dead, loot, heal, wash, rinse and repeat ...
    Only a few quite expensive to kill mobs loot the "good stuff" anymore, all hunting below this threshold will never ever yield any reasonable loot at all ...

Judging from my deposit numbers, from my time spent in game, from what I hear from my few remaining Soc members and friends, this isn't anymore what once attracted us to this game. To many have left for good already, too many are quite close to finally do this step now, too few new players surviving the first hard initial months to replace them.

I miss the times when PE was bursting with life, when there was this sense of adventure and tension, when we wasn't reduced to single gamblers spinning the wheel again and again, and only having a reasonable chance if we'd drop a huge stake.

Have a good time!

Haha, I just watched the Sayah King video on YouTube the other day, thanks for posting it Konve! This video filled me with so much hope when it first came out. The first day I logged into PE in pre-Gold, I was so ecstatic and the game captured me immediately and I was like that for a few years. But those days are long gone, and I feel like MA took a different direction than what was presented in this video. Yes, some of it is the same, but I feel like introducing PPs bastardized the game and brought up too many questionable partnerships. MA should have stayed MA as it was, kept the game to itself, and built its own new planets. The proper advertising would have brought in the player base they hoped to gain through PPs, but would have left them in full control without us debating the legitimacy of some of these partners. They could have focused on the game content we've been asking about and begging for over the last decade. :wise:
True... but then they wouldn't have the 6 million that clds sold for the 1 million SDS paid them, and god knows how much other planet partner's paid for their planets.

Old graphics lol. And songs....... ooo and also peds in loot. Ok i miss everything :(

Over Hadesheim, over the loot and avatars with personality (Even if they were ugly as sin :laugh: ) and over the distinctive feel every city and outpost had...

I miss the whole sense of wonder that the game could bring to me. :( I loved exploring every little nook and cranny of every city and outpost in hopes of discovering something new (And in fact, I did discover quite a few hidden stashes / art that way, and left my fair share too ;) ) or losing myself in what seemed to be the huge vastness of both Eudoria and Amethera, all by myself, quickly discovering what I could and couldn't kill. The people, the friendly strangers I could find on my voyages, or the grumpy miner and hunter here and there that would rather see me dead.

I still hold the hope some PP will get it "right" in at least a few of these aspects, despite all the (L) stuff, the vehicles and high-regeneration mobs. And in the meantime, well, stick with the things I still have fun with.

Oh well, time to log on, talk with socmates and hunt/sweat/(attempt to) trade/mine for a few couple hours then log off again.

Back