What do you miss from old Project Entropia?

I do miss everything.

Old friends. Intresting enviorment, hunting armax and almost any other creature without any armor just by running away from them. The old landscape. Not great but fun loots as it atleast was for me! And also CEO of Mindark and Marco visist ous Hangarowners etc, in person to just say hello or what not. Jukebox old ring with skilling.

The thrill of beeing the few first to visit Crystal palace even before mobs ever on it. I still lisen to some of the old music on my mp3 player and at work beause Lars did a fantastic job with that. All these any many more I do miss. Nothing of this exsist today.

I generally miss things as they were back then...everything from music up to cities like PA was before,Orthos,camp Phoenix, Atlas Haven and so on, also the loot was way better(return) and you could truly enjoy the game....Mining was especially enjoyable with old PE music(loved that song alien sky's or something like that)

A repeat comment for "I miss markup". After about 3 weeks without so much as a global, I got a 300-ish minor HOF on Atrax with a gun in it. A full TT 238 PED gun, so I get all excited! I check the markup on this weapon, which is a level 95 pistol, and I...

:duh:

...See a 104% markup and let out a big, disappointed sigh. WTF, I gotta TT this thing because that's all it is, is TT food? What uber player is going to want to use this, if they're already at level 95-ish?? They've already pretty much maxed out UL weapons, so what's the point? :(

I'll reply to myself with this image...please make sure you've taken your Vitamin D or are enjoying the sunshine warming your face because this image might cause feelings of despair and depression. :( I was compelled to make the image after realizing the TT values of the loots & mobs were nearly identical.

atraxloot_thenandnow.jpg

I found this and it has a lot of the old stuff I love in it.....

Well, I'd rather loot some items with resale value, with some of the remainder in PEDs/PECs, as long as the latter replaces some of the useless refiners/extractors/oils and infernal FRAGMENTS. I wouldn't want to only loot PEDs/PECs--that *has* happened in the past--as PEDs/PECs have *zero* markup. ;)

There's lot I miss in the old Entropia, including peds in loot. Surprising how fascinating it was really (though back then many thought nothing of it). But thats good point: PED/PEC loot had zero markup, and considering items like A102, A103 were so frequent that I did TT my fair share of them, the overall MU wasn't really quite that great as memory wants to tell us.

Last edited:
Miss old mining (including underwater one)

I was going to write that too.
I miss lysterium with markup of 165%
I miss mining skill really making a difference on claim size.

I also miss the "atmosphere" of the game, but in 10 years I will probably say the same of todays atmosphere.

I can do same man.. It really is amazing in a way just staring at that map. Brings me to some awesome times in my life :)

I remember when I started here, it was my first expedition to swim around Eudoria and see what i can find.:) ( It took me 4 days )

There's lot I miss in the old Entropia, including peds in loot. Surprising how fascinating it was really (though back then many thought nothing of it). But thats good point: PED/PEC loot had zero markup, and considering items like A102, A103 were so frequent that I did TT my fair share of them, the overall MU wasn't really quite that great as memory wants to tell us.

I never TT'd amps back then, I'd always sell A103's for +3 to +5, which is a heckuva lot more markup than what you get on those infernal extractors and refiners these days...and most (L) items too. :(

I never TT'd amps back then, I'd always sell A103's for +3 to +5, which is a heckuva lot more markup than what you get on those infernal extractors and refiners these days...and most (L) items too. :(

very good point. mindark has effectively removed markup from 99% of the loot.

also you wont remember me but i was in your soc back in the day under a diff avatar that got deleted due to inactivity :) ... i used to sell your a101 and stuff for a cut of the profit of markup haha.

dead zone harlequins right?? i think that was the name back in early 04

I was going to write that too.
I miss lysterium with markup of 165%
I miss mining skill really making a difference on claim size.

I also miss the "atmosphere" of the game, but in 10 years I will probably say the same of todays atmosphere.

old mining system was boss. being able to drop a bomb, the cancel window and have someone else find the same claim... or the actual defined veins of ore/enmat you could find

and not getting your hof till you extracted.... and mining underwater!

the old claim rod was better too

so many memories

anyone remember butt sliding around like you sat down but hit run forward at the same time??

anyone remember butt sliding around like you sat down but hit run forward at the same time??

yep :)

that was funny to do.. do you remmeber flying up in the air when stacking two or three ppl lying on the same spot?

Old oil rig when anyone could close it with EP40 and vigi.
And when you got tons of items in loot window (vigi/nem?) Ep40 from trox young? :)

Seeing people skill dodge and fap skills on diripi.

When only calypso was on map and you could see people everywhere.

Back