What do you think EU needs to be elevated to the next level and become truly great.

This game needs to have an old gamer employed who's really disgruntled.
Somebody like McCormick for example who could tell the devs exactly what is wrong.

Heh.

In the UK (politics) they are called 'Special Advisors'

Maybe we dont need a President after all, maybe instead we need a Special Advisor.
I've said years ago that McCormick should have been employed in some capacity for his video contributions, even if some were less than complimentary (but often amusing).

Actually, didn't he win a big prize, long ago for one he made.... :xwink:

I really can't see how EU can keep up the pace with the rest of the competition by adding new or old stuff into the game. But one thing the competition can't develop, build and sell is the unique Entropia history. Maybe it is time not to look forward but to look in the rear window and somehow show new and old players what made this game. The care for the history in gaming overall is really sad. Just a few enthusiasts that keeps things alive and post random videos and texts about what was. But generally no gaming company I know of see any benefit of proudly displaying it's history.

As I see it the Entropia history could be one of MA:s biggest assets if they just could figure out how to show it.
And sit down for a moment and think

Can our history make us money?

I can see many ways of doing this but one would be a huge museum.
We players cant do this. We just don't have those kind of abilities to build a great museum.

I depict a Mindark built museum to show things like
  • Early pre beta art work and sketches
  • A display of all items ever around (minus items not dropped yet ofc)
  • Videos ingame showing old school stuff
  • A sound and music history jukebox
  • Theme based displays which changes now and then
  • Showing or telling about the most beneficial contributions by the community to the development of EU
  • User contributed exhibitions
  • Arkade games with old school emulators

A museum like this should have a dedicated inter planetary staff keeping it alive and updated with new displays.
Maybe the musem could be in space making it a universal museum.

Some of the benefits I could see of this

• New players would learn the game philosophy faster by knowing it's history
  • Creates a new bond between the company and the community
  • Inspire the vets who been around for ages
  • Inspire the staff at MA

Somehow loyalty has to be aknowledged and this is one way of doing it.
And anyone loyal is also willing to go that extra mile.
And I am shure that if MA built this and acknowledged that it is MA together with the community that built this world, then I know many people that would be very, very proud of being part of it.

Mindark trully had a fresh vision with this "game"/"world".
But maybe a vision doesnt always have to look forward?

Maybe a silly dream but I firmly believe that our history is also an asset.

I depict a Mindark built museum to show things like
  • Early pre beta art work and sketches
  • A display of all items ever around (minus items not dropped yet ofc)
  • Videos ingame showing old school stuff
  • A sound and music history jukebox
  • Theme based displays which changes now and then
  • Showing or telling about the most beneficial contributions by the community to the development of EU
  • User contributed exhibitions
  • Arkade games with old school emulators

A museum like this should have a dedicated inter planetary staff keeping it alive and updated with new displays.
Maybe the musem could be in space making it a universal museum.

Some of the benefits I could see of this

• New players would learn the game philosophy faster by knowing it's history
  • Creates a new bond between the company and the community
  • Inspire the vets who been around for ages
  • Inspire the staff at MA
All true, every word of it. :yup:
+rep

1. Less grinding. This will help attract more casual players which may have money, but don't want to spend 8 hours a day doing repetitive tasks for no real reward. I personally have a hard time staying interested for any length of time, because when you remove the RCE element, this is a D-grade game at best. My typical play cycle looks something like this:

"oh, haven't played Entropia in a while, let's see what's new"
"ooo, this looks neat, imma plop some money in and check this shit out"

*** 2-3 weeks of intense play later ***

"fuck everything about this game, i'm not wasting any more time or money on this shit"

*** 6-8 months later, rinse and repeat ***

Most of the "missions" are just "go kill n of <insert mob>". I'm a fairly busy person, but I do have a decent income and I'm willing to spend money on entertainment. I tried to do one of the iron missions and nearly fell asleep holding my mouse about 100 mobs in. It's just not very much fun, really. I don't think you're going to move past being a niche game until you make the game more interesting to play.

2. Bugs. Holy shit, bugs. MindArk, please stop letting interns write your software.

3. Multiple people have mentioned communication, I agree. What ever happened to the voting booths?

4. More players. I have personally never seen an advertisement for Entropia anywhere. If MindArk has a marketing team, I think I'd fire them. On the other hand, I'm not sure what good advertising would do until you fix #1 and #2.

Back