Info: What do you think.

valentin

Elite
Society
Experia
Sir Valentin
A friend was at my place yesterday and he said...WOW this is the lottery..

Like what Atrox would shoot which has profits which are not profit its like what lottery i buy gives someting or not and when we talking about good gear and skills they only gives you the ability to buy the lottery for 90 or 80 cent instead to pay 1 dollar and when it comes to Amps you dont pay the lottery 1 dollar you pay 2-9 dollar.and same is for bigger mobs they cost more to kill and more you pay more is your ability to get bigger return in just that animal or bomb.

All he said was not the lottery it was that you could affect the price of the lottery with good gear and skills.

I think that the biggest reason for me why I dont think it is a lottery, is that when/what I win (get loot), I can sell my price for more than the lottery company (MA) tells em that it is worth, therefor I can adjust the cost and also the outcome of the lottery to my advantage.

In a lottery this would be cheating, while it here is strategy, and makes it more similar to real life economic with a twist.

Or maby I am just confused :ahh:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambling
http://www.investorguide.com/gambling-vs-investing.cgi

"Gamble: To play at any game of chance for stakes. To stake or risk money, or anything of value, on the outcome of something involving chance."

"Invest: To commit money or capital in order to gain a financial return."
Again, the distinction isn't clear. In investing, are you not betting on an uncertain outcome? Are you not taking a risk in the hope of gaining an advantage or benefit? In gambling, are you not committing money? Are you not doing it in order to gain a financial return?

It's not a lottery. If you do the right thing at the right place at the right time with the right equipment, you will get profit from your actions. With a lottery, you do not influence these things.

I agree that the idea and theory behind EU has nothing to do with a lottery, I also believe that the reality is different. At this time I'd say that to most, the only difference is that in EU you don't know the odds.

Fx. my recent ambu hunt, where I spend 2 full apis' (maxed) with Dante, where I didn't even get the TT of the guns back, proves a point. If I new there was some sort of personal loot pool, I'd also know to expect to get a better return in the future, but this is not the case. Thus I must consider my investment lost. This is a problem because I have done everything that one could expect of me, to make my investment count in this specific area. Thus, it can hardly be called an investment. In my mind it can't really be called a lottery either, as I don't know the odds, however, there are lottery's out there where you don't know the odds...

In short. No it is NOT (meant to be) a lottery, but to me it certainly seems to be exactly that.

Back