Question: What does 'disable ads' REALLY do?

Treiss

Mature
Society
NBK Legion
Ainkut Dominion Panzer
Ok I have been wondering about this option. I heard that it 'prevents you from looting large loots'. I thought this meant that I could never get HoF's/globals, but now I'm not sure! I read on EU's site and a fansite that it..lowers drop rate? Something unclear..it said that 'disabling ads forfeits bonus loot through advertisements'. This leads me to believe I get more, overall loot/drops/sweat from leaving the ads on.

I don't know. Anyone know? Or is it a scam?

I guess a percentage of the advertising revenue MA gets from ads goes in to the loot pool, but you can only access that extra loot if you allow ads.

I havnt seen an ad for at least a year, so I doubt the option does anything any more.

MA state that allowing ads gives access to higher loots. but what ads do we see now ?....umm... umm...ummm.....................

edit:.. it wouldn't be a scam btw... they openly state about allowing ads but do we really see a difference?... dunno, i always enable ads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... i guess i know what it does...

Nothing :silly:

But seriously, don't turn it off, it may be useful in the future

Nothing....

any ever asked the support ? they should know :rolleyes: but probaly wont tell us :laugh:

any ever asked the support ? they should know :rolleyes: but probaly wont tell us :laugh:

After reading this, I feel the need to say a bit more then "nothing....". Because it's a known fact what this feature SHOULD do:

Somewhere in the bright past of Project Entropia, our beloved GOD company had the brilliant idea to implement the ability for RL-companies to advertise within the virtual world. With a variation to that system there also was implemented the ability for players to use this advertising system.

The revenue from these adds would partially go directly to GOD, the remaining part (of which GOD never made clear how much) would flow to the players in the form of more loot. But, well, people might could be offended by these adds. Maybe you like Pepsi, so you'd dislike a Coca-Cola add (I cannot imagine this one myself, but well... there seem to people who like Pepsi ;)).

So, GOD created the "disable ingame adds" option. If you select it, you won't profit from the add revenue that flows to the players in their loot. Well, if there would be any serious amount of revenue, else it's bollocks anyway.

Summarized, it's bollocks!!

There are no RL adds within PE/EU/PC, since it's playerbase is so small that RL companies won't even bother thinking about it. There is only some add income from players' adds. Like what?! A couple of 1000s of ped a week or so?!
Whether a bit of this flows back to the players or not doesn't matter on this small scale, so actually enabling or disbaling adds will probably do nothing.

As McCormick once said in some rep he gave me:

""
Just one thing on the neverending/unfinished roadmaps... :/
""

Sounds like they were 'spreading the wealth' on a subtle level. I read on the site that although the ads don't appear, enabling ads still grant extra loot. As I am a beginner, still, I have not seen a large jump.
But they're enabled so they can keep the game running..if they ever get ads XD

Ok thanks guys. Needed to know.

LOL, when I first started playing there was a McDonalds Ad that played on the screens. Whenever I would afk, I would position my avatar infront of the screen in hopes that viewing enough adds would increase my loots. I have no idea of the reality of it all though.

narfi

Here's what I posted more than a year ago in this thread. Though I don't know if the third paragraph is still valid. Probably yes.

With so many crafting machines around Calypso I'm sure you'd find the one which suits you best ;).

Personally I don't like being yelled at from three feet away just because somebody has to endorse something on a big screen. So I was looking around and found several auctioneers which don't have ad screens in hearing distance. Ahh, that's a blessing :).

Btw, if you're aiming to get your loot up because you're watching the ads I can tell you that MA once told me that it doesn't matter. You only need to switch on the ads in the CL and you should be uhm... richer? :laugh: It doesn't matter if you're in viewing or hearing distance or if you look at it frontal or from the side or something.

But then again nobody can be sure about that anyway. Loot sucks quite often ;).

Back