Question: What if we found rare items/stones while drilling???

eddric

Stalker
Society
Jurai Blood
eddric massive slasher
Today I was playing EU and my little 9 yr old niece was with me, as usual with her jaw dropped, asking me questions. :laugh:
When I got a XI oil she was really bored and asked if I always get oil-oil-oil and so on or are there any chests, weapons, shoes,dresses(ahh girls are same every age lool), a rusty pickaxe appear sometimes when drilling?
It occurred very interesting and logical to me, If I opened a drilling path near my house or anywhere else, sometimes you get diff. stuff after all this is soil right? :wise:

Mining needs a new approach for sure, I hunt mainly but also I am a 37 lvl miner and been mining since 6 years. SOOTOs dissappearing, no events for miners, migration and mayhems are for hunters, and our loot is ALWAYS shit on events. Beacon globals(50 peds) are gone, angel scales I havent seen since ages, and so on.

BORING BORING BORING!

All we do these days are feeding auc and the crafters with no profit in the end. But if miners didnt mine, the whole economy would collapse imo.

hey atleast you get some decent MU :rolleyes: feels like every common animal oil is TT/101% max now :D
you might have some point about the boring part tho :S

Last edited:
I guess a miner who got a 105% gem while mining for narcassium or something like that would go nuts and complain loudly :laugh:

I could add, that there is treasure mining on Arkaida. You can get fragments of flint axe (stackables) that can be refined into flint axes (stackable material).

Mining is the most boring profession out there.

Very simple, more simple than most make out.

We have MU in our favor though, So I do not really want this to change, otherwise, how the hell are you suppose to make money at low level :D.

I think because of me going a bit off-topic, the great idea is being shadowed.

I meant when drilling, we would get once in a while some shiny diff. thing rather than just the claim we are extracting. would work wonders when you drill XX oil :rolleyes:

If so, they should add some hazards too...

You hit a gas pocket!
It exploded!
You take 287.4 points of damage.

:silly2:

Well we find angelic scales through the finders but getting something through the extractors might provide a little more entertainment.

I think this is a better idea than the treasure hunting on Ark as it currently stands. Treasure hunting for me would mean complete items where 1 in a 1000 probes might find something useful not stuff for refining.

Last edited:
Back