What is the best gun for 100 ped?

Mobutu

Mature
It's time to raise from death this 3 months old thread, you will see some big changes related on opalo and big amps, but now, more than before want to know what is the best "long gun" that worths 100 ped investing, to follow increasing my rifle skill. To be fair, following EF mates sugestions in this thread, I followed hunting w/ my Opalo amped up to A104 till now that I have 1800 skill and Marksmanship unlocked, but... what now?

Hi EF friends,
I'm considering to buy a new gun and I would like to have the best... but my budget is only 100 ped, so would you be so kind to help me to choose?.
I have Opallo + A103 + Alekz Scope and a Series King.
Short gun?, carbine?, sniper?, and why?
Thanx

Last edited:
I agree with Udi here, with your budget you should stay with opalo! :)

Yup, just Opalo & 103 amp, and lots off ammo... Get skilling! :)

I agree with this. I tried myself other guns, and I'm back to amped Opalo, now. Best economic choice for my skill level.

More, with 100 PEDs, just forget uber guns. If you really want it, Mann-MPH seems to be good, for me, with a good amp. Only 3.5 PED TT and a very low markup.

For skill gaining, maybe Opalo is better. Don't realy know. Somebody has an idea about that ?

starfighter said:
For skill gaining, maybe Opalo is better. Don't realy know. Somebody has an idea about that ?

Well the skill gain at first is good, when you reach 1000 its slower, when you get to 2000 its eveeeeennnnnn slllllooooowwwwer. For me it is anyway.

as other mates said...

stay with Opalo..maybe u may buy an A104 but except this just 2lasers+scope will help u more.

i have 5k+ rifle and still hunt most with Opalo...and i get at a satisfactory rate skills too btw.

Yeh man, get a bigger AMp, A104 is pretty cheap. Maybe you should get 2 of them so you can have longer hunting sessions.

Stay with opalo.

I bought MK.II and yes it hits up to 43 dmg, but burn 10 ammo. With my skill 3k+ Rifle (2.2 HA mmmm soon my RDA will be there) i still hunt with opalo and use MK.II when get attacked by more mobs(4 and more) for faster kickdown.

I have Opalo and A103(x4).
My hunt session is 20k ammo. So it is 320 PED + armor and fap decay.

Skills gains quite ok. Yes i have noticed when i hunt with MK.II for some time i get skill more faster but i miss to much to be economical.

I don`t know how it is when RDA will unlock and skilled for some amount, but as i know RDA increase min dmg and i hope that for some time HA will raise faster and i will use my MK.II more often and more economical and can hunt some biger mobs.

arieas said:
Well the skill gain at first is good, when you reach 1000 its slower, when you get to 2000 its eveeeeennnnnn slllllooooowwwwer. For me it is anyway.

You think it's slow now, wait untill you hit 4K. Then you'll see SSSSSSSLLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!

But then it's even slow with an MK II for me right now.

Back on topic...
I agree with what everybody else says here. Stay with the Opalo. It's cheaper to use. You will hit slow periods in skilling, but they go up and down. They did for me anway. It did fine for me up to around 2K then slowed down for a while. But then the skill gains picked back up again from about 2.5 K through 3.5K and then slowed down again.

Amante said:
You think it's slow now, wait untill you hit 4K. Then you'll see SSSSSSSLLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!

It ain't slow with DOA :rolleyes:

Amante said:

You think that's slow? I thought maybe 400 ped in ammo might do the trick and move me those last 5 levels to breach 6600 in lwt tonight. Nope, not even close. (I moved 2).

Stick with the wall gun, man, opalo if you plan on going rifle later, m2100 if you plan on going to a handgun. Move to a larger gun the day you are prepared to bleed peds and start to take major losses.

OK, I'm going to disagree with everyone here (just because I can :tongue2: )

Why not try out a Breer M2a? It has the same HA levels as an Opalo and does slightly more damage per pec. It will usually cost you around 45 ped for a full TT M2a (at least it does in my shop - ok, I know, shameless plug) and it will last you quite a while before you need a new one.

Or, if you fancy using a handgun, why not try out a P2a or a P3a? You should get the P2a for 35 ped and the P3a for 55 ped. Both nice guns :)

Or, if you really want the daddy and have a little more to spend, try out a Breer P4a ... ;)

or a koros, of koros...

starfighter said:
I agree with this. I tried myself other guns, and I'm back to amped Opalo, now. Best economic choice for my skill level.

More, with 100 PEDs, just forget uber guns. If you really want it, Mann-MPH seems to be good, for me, with a good amp. Only 3.5 PED TT and a very low markup.

A note : Don't use any other gun than Opalo or M2100 that is not a (L) weapon and bought at a decent price (around 110%).

The reason to stay away from Jesters and Mann MPHs is that they dont have a skill affected bonus. When you have around 1k average skills if I am not mistaken with the TT guns (and some L) you do 50-100% dmg. The Mann/Jester guns are like normal guns so they are based solely on the skill level. No bonuses here.

Where you do 50% min dmg with the TT guns and have 10/10 on all stats, these guns have like 27% min dmg, and about 1.0/10 on the other stats. A huge difference :wise:

I also agree. I use opalo + a104 for skilling. And MadIV+dante for fun. :D

stay with opalo and buy an 104 amp, put the 103 on a M2100 tt pistol
and buy another opalo and dont amp it
use the last 2 for finishing
dont use the scope
and tt the king

BruuD said:
It ain't slow with DOA :rolleyes:
if you sell it for 100 ped we can talk about it

Enum said:
I also agree. I use opalo + a104 for skilling. And MadIV+dante for fun. :D

hey, Enum, maddox is a hg, opalo is a rifle ;) even more - maddox is blp, opalo - laser ;) "a bit" different kinds of weapons.

Like many have said, use opalo if you don't want to lose a lot of money. Yeah, skillgain isn't big, but it's still more than 0. And eco with opalo for you will be much higher than with other (non-L) weapons. If you can afford, take a L rifle/hg to get some boosted skillgain (and possibly a bigger costs; not sure about this), but be careful - don't buy a low-tt L item.

You're using laser weapons now, so get a better laser amp (a104 at the beginning, a105 later), if you can afford - 2 or 3 amps (this will allow you to make longer runs which, i think, would be more interesting).

Another thing to think about - a good FAP. FAP50 is quite ok at the beginning.

I'd advise you to forget about a "bigger" gun until you can afford to lose some 200, 300, 500 peds a day. Now you have to worry about efficiency (dmg/pec you can do with your skills) and not about "aargh, i want a powerful weapon" :)

Skill gain with Opalo/M2100 is very ok if you find the right mobs ;)

If you need a backup gun go with the Justifier MK2 I think...thought might be slightly above your budget

It'll get you out of a tight situation

Mobutu said:
Hi EF friends,
I'm considering to buy a new gun and I would like to have the best... but my budget is only 100 ped, so would you be so kind to help me to choose?.
I have Opallo + A103 + Alekz Scope and a Series King.
Short gun?, carbine?, sniper?, and why?
Thanx

In answer to your question, as you dont specify skill levels or the amount you want to spend running a bigger gun.......

As a step up from Opalo, the Justifyer MKII is a great choice and within you budget of 100 peds. You will gain more skills from sing it, but you will also spend more peds using it. As is always the case, more sped = more skills.

If you want to hunt as efficient as you can stick with Opalo, if you want to buy a bigger gun regardless, get the MKII :)

TommyDaGreat said:
Skill gain with Opalo/M2100 is very ok if you find the right mobs ;)
thats what i use (2100+a103), and i throw some good spots for hunting with 1k skill...argos north of twin, snables north of atlas (no armor), around orthos there are some atrax and low level bots, and even though im not a fan of land areas opalo land is pretty nice.

i really think that people should expirment with what they are hunting before they try what they hunt with.

i say get 2 a104 amps, that way you can do longer hunt sessions. If you already have 2 amps then get an mk2, just remember you are going to lose a ton of peds thru it, and your ammo will be gone much faster. I only use mk2 when loots are going really really well just so I can go through the spawns faster. :)

also- if you choose an mk2, the tt value is around 85 peds, plus a markup ~30 or so peds, which will totally wipe out your gun funding :)

I looted a very low tt justifier mk1 earlier today, if you want to try it out you are more than welcome, just PM me :)

Last edited:
i think its not so simple
an other one info that i need is your armor
but for sure stay on opalo and when you can go and hunt some drone and maybe it will drop a justifier mk II

Hit an Ewe 40, don't worry about ammo burn, great damage when you add a A104, keep the opalo for kill shot. :)

my reflex response would be m2875 or maddox4..but thats just an old habbit. Keeps forgetting those are not tt+40 anymore;)

stick to opalo or simular untill you can afford something in the 1000-3000ped class

stay with opalo +104 or +105

i have 4100 rifle and that is opalo only gained, ocasionally i used mk2 for backup.

Back