Question: What is the main reason for the inflated prices of high end weapons and gear

What is the reason behind the inflated prices?

• More people "working" from home during covid - prices will reverse when people get back to work

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • US stimi checks - prices will reverse when "free" money supply ends

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • A combination of the above - prices will reverse to some long term mean value

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Other reason - prices will reverse to some long term mean value

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Other reason - prices will continue higher

Votes: 48 45.3%

• Total voters

Pete Longmorn

Guardian
What will happen to the prices of high end stuff in the coming 6-12 month?

Crypto gains

I don't believe the story of the herd of unemployed people wondering where to spend $ 50-100k.

Many of the items are stored and waiting for someone to find them so that the price can be higher... instead of being available on the market and theyr prices to falling.
Currently, prices are fake at all levels, and MA is losing out due to activity.
There is nowhere else to raise prices, the people are not so dumb... if someone buys a high value item before the new update...

Regardless of when there will be a new version, in a year there will be a hole in the middle, which will affect this herd of rich new investors, because just now there are no new additions who could buy their product then.

Depends what will come or not with the new version, but it is much much more likely that prices of current items to fall.

The first option, except that people won't get back to work, people have come to love their remote procrastination and some even agree to a lower pay to stay at that. WIll get only worse, just watch and see the "Surrogates" scenario to play out in the coming years.

perhaps some reasonable evidence of some people using the high level equipment actually profiting has to do something with the price increase, it used to be a valid reason when I joined
but what do I know :)

Supply and demand. More demand less supply :D Game is getting better. People are gearing up for next generation of events including new mayhems and Twenty Years of Entropia.

folks are anticipating an influx of participants after the new game engine is in game and its on Epic's website for those that visit there daily, but folks really shouldn't be counting on this too much because even though it may cause a slight influx at first, over the long haul we know what will happen because it's a repeat of history that likely we'll see like when the current game engine came in to being...

Don’t overlook the fact that the US dollar is devalued due to a stupid President and many other factors. The value of the dollar went down, now most Americans make a higher $ amount per same work output.

There are many factors in the higher price tag on items in Entropia, but keep in mind the PED is based on the US dollar and when things influence the US dollar it also influences the PED.

corning of prices draining items by few speculators.
reverse evidence of game population decreasing after lockdown is in Entropialife.
as the 4 people that hold a stock of uber-priced items will realize they do not sell
they will slowly lower prices until someone buy.
some sales to crypro gainer (easy mmade money is easy spent) happened.

i find even more pervert that garbage items following the "the tide rises all the boats"
doubled in price backed by "very doubtful" hiher traded price of good items.
i refer to UL knifes that see a corrosive dagger over 1k against 500p before
or ewe41adj from 2800 to 4500
prices will revert, probably not much, i thinik 30 to 40% on high end
(27% less players 3800 vs 5200 active and many of the active ones are dressed)

(or weapon resellers will keep the stock forever due to the fact they do not extract money from game
and keep prices at a non justified higi untin TWEN event arrives and they will rush to sell

It’s because one person paid a retarded price for an item BC80, using his big crypto gains, people got wind of it and then somehow the price was even more inflated than the actual sale price, and ever since then prices on weapons went full retard.

Now we have resellers buying up hoardes of high end gear and not selling unless someone is willing to pay stupid prices.

has nothing to do with the game being better. Has more to do with a couple of key resellers controlling the supply of high end items because when people go to sell they have peds available and they will sit on it asking ridiculous prices until someone finally caves in and buys it. So the choice becomes either cave to the resellers or play with L gear.

Poll is a bit odd, 4 reasons why it will crash and only one for it getting higher. Would be better with some more balanced options, what about they will hold, or the will rise slowly, or they will go even wilder with ue5?

The game IS better and better. Not on pupugi cave, but outside, for hunters.

It was quote some time before resellers started to buy many weapons, but the players just refused to sell on an increased demand; that up until some gave up and had too much money for others to keep their panties on.
Let me remind you 240k imk2 some years ago... pretty much the same thing, guns got into hands of active players that were doing good with them and only an "inflated" price would make them sell...

IMHO more players = demand

It was mentioned already but it has to do with more money being invested in game due to the work from home scenarios (folks having more time to play, be it on a second computer while working or receiving stimulus) as well as the fact the high end gear market's supply is not on par with the new found demand.

Traders (resellers) see this as an opportunity to squeeze the market upwards. It happens every day in the stock market with low float, high volume stocks.

The real question is, who is going to be left bag holding and when?

It could happen if the reseller's stock are bought up by active players or if MindArk/Planet Partners introduce competing gear.

If more gear is introduced, that would likely end up causing the resellers to lower prices, potentially taking a loss to liquidate their positions.
If active players buy up the gear, the prices will continue to rise, only slower as they make adjust their setups to squeak out the best they can afford.

I theorize that UE5/Mayhems will bring a slew of new gear additions in the higher end range which will level out the current market trends and/or possible reverse them. I'm also curious to see if new blueprints are introduced to craft competing higher level (L) gear.

IRL economic factors will also coincide with the UE5/Mayhems introduction and could play a part if the money printer is still ongoing or if more conservative monetary policy is adopted.

Pretty much the high end mayhem rewards are the best around, and they have finally all run out at the mayhem token trader.

While there were still some left in the trader it wasn't so bad people always though o yeah there are still some lp100 or whatever else so i maybe can still get one. But now all the good stuff is gone and people are panik.

If we see a refresh of the mayhem rewards i suspect that the prices will come down at that time. I suspect they will refresh it soonish as already people are less interested in mayhem due to the good prizes already being gone.

Loot 2.0 - it took a while for players to skill up looter professions and/or cycle with efficiency weapons to overcome their prior entropia careers cycle/return. The lockdowns did speed things up and gave us a new influx of players old and new - together with more and more success stories comming out this has created a new 'believe' and 'trust' in the playerbase for the future and success of the game. More players are now able to break even or turn a profit then ever before this leads to an increased level of wealth amoung players from within and from outside through additional deposits which leads to an overall stronger, healthy and improving economy with prices(mu) going up accross the board.

I suspect they will refresh it soonish
Because MA is known to rain UL weapons until they are worth pecs... and then people will invest heavily in Mayhems to get those pecs reward.
Mayhem vendor is sold a third so far. There's plenty of items in there that are really good and game changers...

@ JBK youar argumens can hold only for short term
1. more ppl are breaking een or gain... thisis bad for long term game survivability. successful players wills tart to withdraw moneyand the withdraw "if all are going better" will drain liquidity from MA and destroy company that survive ont eh "reserve" of 30% ped value (pretty much like central banks that leverage the banking system.
2. to put more money from "the one that pya the bill to successful payers" need to INCREASE the playerbase that is shrinking (yes many talk about seasonal factors, yes, the freefalling ROI of CLD means nothing to the true believers....but.......) so those apparently virtuous things can last only until a fresh inflow of player pay the bill. or until the success is made of "pure pixel wealth". let me have an example. i drop a 100.000 ped weapon, i am an hardcore and keep it for me. this impressive tool make me accomplish but cost nothing to MA. case 2 i click a EP7 NP win 5m ped and ask for withdrawal, MA will be foreced to pay 500k Eur on an annual invoicing of 7.5m Eur..... disruption event... MA rely to the fact that all hardcore gamers withdraw less than the deposit and keep money in game and not jsut on 1% margin on cycle. it is prety clear on the balance accoutn, reserves are 30% of issued ped so means they expect that 70% will resist in game until the servers willshut down somewhen in the future.
@ Addz there are still 40ish very good items, LP 120 is a 3.70 DPP item, BP 130 is a 3.80+ dpp and bp 110 is a fraction below.
generally speaking a level 130 player does not care efficeincy because his looter skill fill teh gap and the 65 73.5 and 78% eff of toold above L100 are designed to reflect this.
so higher end items are there... just need time to manufacture 120..000 Mtoken even for the usual 10 names that place in top category and can sell teh item once purchased in case to repay their farming costs. 35 items that start with 80ish dps.... that quantity of attack is for big monsters and not all people need it
so i think that upper side is served already for some time

the problem is the medium size hunter that is high40ish to 100 that has no weapons available if not some horrible tools at outrageous prices that are way worse than armatrix
that zone will not be served... tehy pay the bioll for the "successful players".
the 3 base dpp of an armatrix is devastated by Markup that bring them to 2.85 rising the risks and lowering cycle to skillers, hence adding time for more costs... it is by design... easy to spot
loof at ozpyn hk , zorra, andother garbage.

Resellers are not pure evil, but meh a doaT10 was sold by JBK last july at 23k, now it was aked 50k adn ther are 27% less players in game. please justify this
or ewe31 mil that passed from 2800 to 4200 with same drop in users and imp105 from 1600 to 2700 ped
greed and fear.... speculation. someone will remain with a overpayed item and lower bid in a falling price market... itis a known effect

it is called "greater fool theory" i buy high due someone will biuuy even higher.. and all make money until when it finishes.....

and yes Evey a imk2 was sold old times at 240k ... are we underlying that the bad design of game made it possible with a IMK2 and 204hyper to pass a trigger that made yo make costant profit and the discovery of the erro lead to 2.0? maybe inthose times they realized it was a money printer.... but just because game was "bugged" int eh logic. after 2.0 no tool print money.. apart the brain of the hunter.

a self crafted armatrix with an amp can go a long way.......

I added to wiki stats of Lp120....see what jewel is in mayhem vendor......

WIZZ was the ONLY one who even came close.

The #1 reason is GREED and insanity by resellers. A few disgusting resellers have attempted to buy up as many old-school U weapons as they could, then simply doubled the MU and are trying to convince the ignorant that their $10 dollar bills are worth $20 dollars all of a sudden.

And now, the insanity that greed causes has rubbed off on some of the more weak-minded people in game, who are trying to copy the unethical actions of the resellers. We have seen weapons that SELL for 20,000 PEDS on the auction for double and even triple the real MU.

You know the old saying: TELL A LIE LONG ENOUGH, PEOPLE WILL START BELIEVING IT. That's what they're trying. They're NOT selling these guns - just TRYING to sell. That's why you'll see the same weapons on the auction week after week. When those weapons don't sell, they'll cycle back to trying to sell other massively inflated weapons for a while. And when those don't sell, they'll put other weapons up for insane prices, which they'll never get.

But the "lie" continues. DON'T FALL FOR IT!

There is nothing exterior to this game causing this insanity - just greed of certain people IG.

The main reason is that hunters have now finally adapted to Loot 2.0 and realized that Entropia does have a future. I recall some folks posting in the forum probably 4-6 months before Covid hit that they were starting to believe in the Loot 2.0 weapons, that they saw a big difference in their returns from using them. Word got around, demand for them went up and so did the prices.

Just before Covid hit, there was a youtube video posted by Economics Education about the economy of Entropia. The video had over 400k views in the first week. Crafters, traders and shop owners like myself saw a spike in sales right around that time, which only grew higher once Covid really hit and country after country started going into imposed lockdowns. So naturally, demand for unlimited gear went up as well.

Considering that returns in Loot 2.0 are much more predictable then ever before, I suspect that the player rentention rate in Entropia is also getting better.

Another factor is the illusion that hunting using limited items is very expensive compared to using unlimited. I believe that the average player only sees the markup percent of the gun they are buying and take nothing else into consideration, which paints a very misleading picture. The majority of the expense (above 80%) from hunting is ammo which has no markup. So at the end of the day, hunting with limited is a viable activity for the casual player. But this illusion causes almost ALL hunters to want to own and use unlimited items, which really should only be for professional hunters that are really serious about Entropia and who hunt at least 30 hours per week.

I believe that "free money" may have played a part but not anymore. Also, this wasn't isolated to the US, there were a lot of governments all around the world that issued "free money" checks to their population, probably none more generous then Canada. But most of these programs have fizzled out now.

@MarCo sorry but you misunderstood me, when im talking of breaking even or turning a profit then this is after mu not on TT - thats why loot 2.0 is great for players AND mindark - in the end those who can and are willing to afford it will pay and sustain the games longevity for those who can not - but we all contribute to a growing and improving economy.

The game IS better and better. Not on pupugi cave, but outside, for hunters.

It was quote some time before resellers started to buy many weapons, but the players just refused to sell on an increased demand; that up until some gave up and had too much money for others to keep their panties on.
Let me remind you 240k imk2 some years ago... pretty much the same thing, guns got into hands of active players that were doing good with them and only an "inflated" price would make them sell...

Agree that some facets of game are better. For instance, lootable pvp. Perhaps it is the equalizer minus exploits utilized by many, including in your own society. However, what I'm referring to is that the game isn't tangibly better. We've been seeing the same stale events over and over again year in year out for many years now. the items aren't really changing, and the gameplay isn't changing.

Also, you're right pupugi cave is not fun. However, it serves its purpose and further I don't base my general opinion on the game not getting better on the pupugi's. They merely have good HP/lvl ratio. If you think I don't hunt other mobs you are truly ignorant.

[Moderated: Removed rule violation]

Last edited by a moderator:
its simple... once u go 2.0 .. u wont go back to 1.0 :D

i recently got hands on 2.0 wepon.. and just afer 2 weeks of skilling and using it.. all ican say there is no beeting 80+ effi and 3.5+ dpp...

Let me do a quick one for you guys, last year season box was 1.5 ped, this year they are 4 ped. Problem is solved :)

Back