What is the point of Mechanical Equipment?

Mutiny

Provider
I have been crafting this for a bit for skill gain, but am curious who uses these items, and why? I understand armor, weapons and attachments crafting, but mechancial equipment?

tx-

Yeah, I have been wondering the same thing... :confused:

I have a feeling that would put components together to make bigger things, am I right? If so, how do you go about making things from components rather than ingots and energy?

i think that some of high lvl is needed for hangar.

Mutiny said:
I have been crafting this for a bit for skill gain, but am curious who uses these items, and why? I understand armor, weapons and attachments crafting, but mechancial equipment?

tx-

You can use some of equipment for hangar and for few weapons, furniture, armor. But it is just few equipment. Main reason now to craft that is cheaper crafting skills. When you compare crafting weapons and crafting equipment, weapons would cost you much much more to skill up. After you have decent engeneering and blueprint comprehension, wich you can unlock later, from equipment skilling you can switch to another crafting bragne. Then you will have more succes = lesser losses.

Last edited:
Chance of success on a crafting skill depends mostly on BP quality. My estimate is that you can get the same rate of success on a level 7 or 8 BP at quality 100 that you will have on a level 1 one at quality 1, but for sure you get max CoS on a level 4 with no skill and quality 100. So technically if any noob would borrow the katsuichi valor BP of a master crafter he'd do reasonably well if the quality is high enough.

Next is the skill manufacture xxx, the science specific to the branch, like 'mechanics' or 'weapon technology' and BPC (have only got a bit so it's hard to compare). They are not equal. For example, laser weapon technology is much weaker than manufacture weapon for the success rate. You can also unlock industrialist with very high skill which should also increase success but I don't know anyone who has this skill.

These general skills though will help you in any science even tailoring I think, but haven't tailored for more than a year. In the end, it is better skill them on the cheapest branch of crafting. This is why we all spend days and nights at the component machine.

night said:
Chance of success on a crafting skill depends mostly on BP quality. My estimate is that you can get the same rate of success on a level 7 or 8 BP at quality 100 that you will have on a level 1 one at quality 1, but for sure you get max CoS on a level 4 with no skill and quality 100. So technically if any noob would borrow the katsuichi valor BP of a master crafter he'd do reasonably well if the quality is high enough.

rate of succes on lvl 7 qr 100 is NOT same as on level 1 qr 100, unless you have high skills. im on 1k manufacture mech, nearly 1k engeneering, 600 mechanics and on mechanical equipment lvl 6 qr 100 i have lesser rate of succes then on lvl 1 qr 100.
I think that with no skills you can have the highest rate of succes on lvl 3 qr 100.

jenda said:
rate of succes on lvl 7 qr 100 is NOT same as on level 1 qr 100, unless you have high skills. im on 1k manufacture mech, nearly 1k engeneering, 600 mechanics and on mechanical equipment lvl 6 qr 100 i have lesser rate of succes then on lvl 1 qr 100.
I think that with no skills you can have the highest rate of succes on lvl 3 qr 100.

I think he ment that the rate of sucess on a lvl 7 qr 100 is the same that a lvl 1 on qr 1. Not sure if i agree(but never tried a lvl 7 on qr 100) :rolleyes: .

Yes, that is it. If I am wrong, then it is level 6 but not lower. the point is that QR goes a long way with respect to CoS.

MKDX said:
I think he ment that the rate of sucess on a lvl 7 qr 100 is the same that a lvl 1 on qr 1. Not sure if i agree(but never tried a lvl 7 on qr 100) :rolleyes: .

Yes, my bad, I m bad reader. Thanks for attention.
Anyway what i posted is right. ;)

jenda said:
You can use some of equipment for hangar and for few weapons, furniture, armor. But it is just few equipment. Main reason now to craft that is cheaper crafting skills. When you compare crafting weapons and crafting equipment, weapons would cost you much much more to skill up. After you have decent engeneering and blueprint comprehension, wich you can unlock later, from equipment skilling you can switch to another crafting bragne. Then you will have more succes = lesser losses.

Does that mean, engineering skill is also needed for crafting weapons, armor etc?

P.S-> r there any bp`s with skill increase bonuses?

Last edited:
Caroline said:
Does that mean, engineering skill is also needed for crafting weapons, armor etc?

P.S-> r there any bp`s with skill increase bonuses?

Yes, engeneering is usefull in all other crafting professions including weapons, armor,....

There are many bps with skill increase bonuses, but it depends on your skills wether you gain skill bonus or not. Just right click on a bp and choose button stats and there will be information about that thing

Last edited:
This VU added a bunch more, too.

Back