What is your avarage loot return? (poll)

Your avarage return from hunting?

• More than 100%, I profit in the long run!

Votes: 39 14.3%
  • Just about 100%, I break even :)

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • More than 90%, but I loose in the long run.

Votes: 23 8.5%
  • More than 80%.

Votes: 25 9.2%
  • More than 70%.

Votes: 31 11.4%
  • More than 60%.

Votes: 31 11.4%
  • More than 50%.

Votes: 24 8.8%
  • More than 40%.

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • Below 40% :(

Votes: 51 18.8%
  • I dont care about my return from hunting...

Votes: 9 3.3%

• Total voters

Kujo

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Kijusho Kujo Lee
After reading the post about low returns on loots I got interested to know how many get how much back, so Im making a poll and hope you guys wanna participate by voteing here :D Im realy curious about this!

Original thread that got me thinking:
Terrible Loot Period?

Last edited:
Way more than 100% during half a year before this post. In average, 3-4 globals everyday.

20-30% since then, all these 2.5 months. Same locations and techniques, 1 global per 2 weeks.

Funny thing is that I tried to play with my gf's avatar, using my those techniques and locations, - and I still profit alot. Uhm... still trying to believe that it's a coincidence and just a period.

More than 80% is my option. As always. Just that now shit is more shittier and cookie is more cookier.

Hello,

It is my opinion that this is a useless poll because loots are, in part, Ava, mob and loot cycle dependant.

I chose not to vote.

Grounder

Hello,

It is my opinion that this is a useless poll because loots are, in part, Ava, mob and loot cycle dependant.

I chose not to vote.

Grounder

it might not be easy, but it is deffinately possible to track your progress including luck loot cycles.

i see some bellow 40 % .... m8's u are doing something terrible wrong imo

Way more than 100% during half a year before this post. In average, 3-4 globals everyday.

20-30% since then, all these 2.5 months. Same locations and techniques, 1 global per 2 weeks.

Funny thing is that I tried to play with my gf's avatar, using my those techniques and locations, - and I still profit alot. Uhm... still trying to believe that it's a coincidence and just a period.

And still, there are people thinking that the looting avatar has no effect on loot !
To me this kind of proofs are irrefutable: looting avatar has a major influence in loot.
Thanks for sharing, svarog.

On the last 694,07 ped spend over ~50 days i lost 155,84 ped, thats a 77,55% return. :sweat:
Guess no reason to complain.:cool:

Hmm.. Do you mean including value of skill gains? :scratch2:

It kinda makes a big difference.

started the 3rd of january 2005, and average hunting profit must be 800% :wtg:

On the past month, average loss is 80% :laugh:

bad loot period? just have a break of 2-3 weeks ;)

Last time has been kinda crappy some few lucky runs but average per month is about 50-60% kinda sad i would love to be able to hunt with the money i deposit longer. i dont really care if i lose it all but then i want it to last almost all the month..

Ok sry, was kind of unclear about what I ment by "return".. Im think of the return in as tt value in your loot window, no markups and no skills. Only what you get from lootpool / MA in pure TT value.

Guess ppl allready voted with different perspectives like TT only, tt+markup and some even +skillgains.

Reson is that I want to know what MA gives back to hunters, not if the curent market prices and such is good for you.

Hello,

I chose not to vote.

Grounder

You do as you wish ofc but for me your post is more useless than this poll. If ppl post about everything they find unintersting on a forum,,, well, you get the picture :scratch2:

And all that loot depends on is only theories!

Ok sry, was kind of unclear about what I ment by "return".. Im think of the return in as tt value in your loot window, no markups and no skills. Only what you get from lootpool / MA in pure TT value.

Guess ppl allready voted with different perspectives like TT only, tt+markup and some even +skillgains.

Reson is that I want to know what MA gives back to hunters, not if the curent market prices and such is good for you.

You do as you wish ofc but for me your post is more useless than this poll. If ppl post about everything they find unintersting on a forum,,, well, you get the picture :scratch2:

And all that loot depends on is only theories!

I voted 90% but should have voted over 100%. I do count my skillgains and I think everyone should. Im do not check every time I go to the tt and buy more ammo. in my point of view I could say that I have been on a 2 year hunt, and I have no plans of quitting.

I don't count skills as a return, because they are worthless until you chip them out, and once you did that - you avatar is worthless :). If you'll say that skills aren't worthless since they increase your power, I'll answer that yes, more skills make you able to use more powerful gear effectively, but it's the loot we're taking about here, not the number of corpses you're able to leave on a field in one minute, and the more skills I have the less loot I get, either in hunting or mining. And I know that I'm not alone in this regard :). With all those uber snable hofs we clearly see that it's all about luck, not about skills. Not saying that more uber gear mean more uber decay, thus without uber luck you have uber losses :cool:.

well I count the value of my avatar, because thats the value that matters in the end. if Im out of cash I deposit like nothing has changed. RL money is just as RL in EU

That's the difference :). I see no "end", that's the thing I most like about EU. I hope to still be there after years. And when I deposit money I consider them not belonging to RL anymore, since it's unlikely I'll ever withdraw. If I'll ever get an ath hof - I'll just move a level up in gear.

think of this as a piggybank. something serious may happen someday and you have to take it out, or some of it.
why I think like this may come from the internet poker were you move your bankroll to different clients, and back to your bankaccount. it is real money we are talking about here and they are growing, for some very slow but they are still growing.

I very rarely get less than 50% return. Generally its probably more 70-80% so went for 70%. That seems fair on the whole for a casual player like me who is never gonna be mega efficient. Its gotta cost something after all ;)

More than 100%

As we all (should) know it goes with ups and downs , I have months and/or weeks that i make 90% to 200% on every hunt I do and times (as present) that i can be happy to get back 50% but in the long run i still make a small profit I think.

witch value u refer at?
- last year skills value?
- today skills value?
- "tomorrow" skills value?
to quote u again: "It kinda makes a big difference"... as we all can see the major drop in skill values (well, except for "medical" related ones - for haphazard issues)... and i fear "tomorrow" values would be lower and lower... for obvious reasons... (i wonder who will benefit from lower skill values?)... this effect is induced by (but not limited to) the obvious reality that lately, lower skills means, in most cases, better drops...

i see some bellow 40 % .... m8's u are doing something terrible wrong imo

Grrrr...I detest posts like this. You assume that one can control luck and the loot pool.

There was a time not long ago I was in the 20%-30% range though I was doing everything "right". And it persisted for about 2 months.

Without changing hardly a thing, my returns have now jumped to 80%..and sometimes I even profit on a hunt.

Yeah...it must have been me:rolleyes:. The *only* thing I seemed to be doing wrong when loot was bad was contnuing to play...so I stopped. Loot is good now so I am back.

When counting only TT value w/o any kind of markup, its probably 100-120% (pretty difficult to determine it exactly :D)

I think for correct calculations you should at least include markup of looted items. Skills, hmm, many tend to count them as actual profit without chipping and really selling them. Thats wrong imho as value of skills can change over time, so skill worth 10k can be worth 5k or 15k in the future...all depends on current conditions.

When counting only TT value w/o any kind of markup, its probably 100-120% (pretty difficult to determine it exactly :D)

I think for correct calculations you should at least include markup of looted items. Skills, hmm, many tend to count them as actual profit without chipping and really selling them. Thats wrong imho as value of skills can change over time, so skill worth 10k can be worth 5k or 15k in the future...all depends on current conditions.

Now that is a good point: are people only calculating the loot they get(GROSS), or are they deducting decay and ammo(NET)?

I take loot TT(base value, no markup)including looted ammo and divide that by the TT value of ammo used and all decay(both unlimited and limited at TT) to get my return. Skills are not counted...and they should not be.

I guess the poll did not include a standardized way of calculating return.

My avg is problably slightly above 80% .. some days much more, some days much less. But with skillgains and the ATH i see in the horizon (lol) i would say break even in the long(u) run :D

When counting only TT value w/o any kind of markup, its probably 100-120% (pretty difficult to determine it exactly

I think you got some figure wrong. Try again :)

Stormer said:
More than 100%

Let me guess, is that 104%? :silly2:

In average I receive back 94% in TT value, the 10% difference with respect to Stormy is likely due to the difference between my 7.x HA and his 9.x

Take care,
BBB

In average I receive back 94% in TT value, the 10% difference with respect to Stormy is likely due to the difference between my 7.x HA and his 9.x

Take care,
BBB

I have 10,0/10,0 ..m8 =)

On last 5830 PED spent I got 5212 back, that's 89%. But actual average tt back is more than 90% for me in the long run (less than 100% though), I just had one bad period recently. With markups on everything I break even or even do some small profit. If I count big esis and hofs I definitely profit. My hunting setup is midlvl esto, phantom+5b, tt and limited faps, korss h400 (L) + a104, 30k ammo runs.

I profit a lot on hunting (maybe just lucky) like hunting Disp in team with Jena, Angel, Joda, Rep made 600 peds …

Yes I do have my bad hunts, but a lot of good hunts and if I kept to hunting only would have to deposit very very rarely if any… I went 5 months w/o depositing…. Only had to deposit to add skills after them 5 month period.

But something made me decided to try crafting and it was a total bust.. seems im only good at hunting …

90% and above
some runs even some a little loss, in the long run well, I lose a little but nothing major atm, even profit some weeks, and considering the gear I use that is very good :)

Back