What is your cost per hour to play EU?

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
Since the first Merry Mayhem, I have a little program that logs the amount of time entropia.exe runs. All the deposits are listed on the support website under transaction history. I finally got the courage to do the math...

<DRUMROLL> My cost per hour over the last 6 months is 50 ped. :eyecrazy:
This does not even include deposit fees or exchange rate. I have not be able to accumulate any items in that time. I have about 13k skill points more than 6 months ago.. I'd have alot more if I hadn't had to chip out to keep going at times.

I would not even know since I never calculate win/losses :D

But my chatting saves me lots!

depends on what I'm doing.... When I'm just sweating, since I own a shop, it's 12 ped a month/how many hours there is in a month?

When I'm hunting with opalo or longblade, cost is up there.

Right now, I'm mainly using a whip swunting puny mobs near swamp camp, so cost is fairly cheap, and close to the one dollar an hour or maybe a bit less they claim we should go after. .. Lets see playing about 2 hours a night the last 2 weeks or so and the whip's gone down about 6 dollars worth in tt value... no clue on actual cost in markup returns though since most of the returns are muscle oil, blazers, novas, ammo now and then, occasional hides and of course tons of sweat.

Yes, it's crappy loot, but on the other hand, I'm getting quite a few skills at a very low cost per hour, so I'm happy. Mainly just doing this to get cheap whip skills along with plenty of the blazers and things needed to tier up stuff later.

Last edited:
That's a lot :eyecrazy:

I don't know what mine is but I'd guess more like 5 than 50 in terms of deposits v time, but that's without counting my avatar's increase in value (which I've never worked out properly but I'm pretty sure it keeps going up).

Let's see.. the VU 10 land area conversions which FPC now has stated wont be rectified cost me roughly 1 250 000 peds in total. Divide that by the 14 months that has passed since that and it has cost me 89k peds a month..

7500 an hour give or take.

Mine would be negative, if I were to cash out without selling skills.

Depends a lot how i play.

From what i have seen toying around with XT and hunting heavy on taxed LA's can cost me around 6.25 Ped per hour. Thats based on a bit less then 1 mio turnover. Course thats still markup oriented hunting. Guess if one hunts smarter could be break even or even profit if you have an proper fap and armor and thus more choice in mobs. Could also be a lot worse of course if one ignores own defense skill level and stuff.

So about 12K down for an year hunting that way and skills of approx. the same TT value (a few k more i think) gained in that time. What would cost, donno, maybe 100 to 150k at current markup to chip in. (Not that i count skills as profit, but still)

Hunting eco is pretty much for free (seems to get harder though). In fact, eco hunting funded all other things for me in the past: heavy loss trips to CP, the above mentioned XT "era", some stupid crafting :laugh: and so on.

Over all my deposit is covered by ingame assets (w/o counting skills ofc.) so for last 5 years cost per hour (and man, it was an lot of hours :eyecrazy:): Zero

hmm since I do certain repetitive boring actions instead of depositing with hard cash I have 0 costs over the month. If I would only hunt with UL HL8+a106 costs for one month are max 100$. So I would spend like 1.5$/h however that may or may not include chatting and stuff... I have no idea... could very well be only for the shooting time and get the rest free.
So using UL maxed equipt is a quite good way to keep your costs below average I would say however it is obviously not the pure WTG to profit from hunting.

1k... if I am lucky to recycle :)... 2-3k on a bad day ( which has been for the last freakin six months).

Hard to say as i deposit the same per month and usually have a "savings" that increases....

usually my main "expense" comes from replacing my p5a lately...

240 ped of gun lasts around 10 runs of 170 ped ammo plus 40 ped a104 decay. The runs last about 1.5 hours each... I also spend time crafting low lvl textures

don't get me wrong, it definitely adds up, but around 10 ped/hr

Last Sunday i was logged in for 11 hours and hunted almost only event-mobs in 9 hours and if you do not count the little skill increase i got...it cost me ~ $ 9/hour (lost~800 ped) I'm used to that loot is worse than usual for me during the events but.. it is not that fun when you add up after you are finished for the day i think.

If I pay attention to transactions, 0ped

Not counting skills:

Mining, +10ped/hr
Hunting, -10 to -20 ped/hr

Gain 50k total skills in last year. If I chipped out to where I was this time last year, I would have 30kpeds.

No massive loots and no big markup items.

Not bad I would say. :lift:

as immortal sais... mining a few peds + ... but boring and gives almost no skills.

Hunting, I think -20-30peds/hour in the long run... but gives skills and its fun.

Theres not alot of other things to do thats cheaper/hour

Back