What is your Favroute Genre of Rock?

What is your Favroute Genre of Rock? (Info of Genre's in thread)

• Alternative

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • Alternative Rock

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Pop Rock

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Grunge

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • Post Grunge

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • Punk

Votes: 33 23.7%
  • Metal

Votes: 65 46.8%
  • Nu Metal

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • Indie

Votes: 33 23.7%
  • Classic Rock

Votes: 60 43.2%
  • Industrial

Votes: 38 27.3%
  • Other - Post info below

Votes: 34 24.5%

• Total voters
Im very fond of ProgMetal aswell, but I still consider DT a ProgRock band. Though they move into both rock and metal in their many albums, so I assume both is correct :)

Yes I would agree, they do tend to switch between genres. I do think their roots are within the metal side of it, but I guess you could just call them a progressive band.

I like them all!! So as to what would I personally pick.... Im at a loss for words :D Every time I hear something new, I tend to listen the crap out of it and then look for something else to listen to. Right now i'm currently listening to E Nomine. Haven't a clue what their saying but its what moves me at the moment!! :ahh: LOL Can I pick one of each?? :yay:

But I think I might get into some computer game rock lol :wtg:

Other: Progressive rock!

Lets bump this up!

Thanks for all the awesome reaserch guys, it should become very handy!

;) cant say more...

Keep voting.....

Lets bump this up!

Thanks for all the awesome reaserch guys, it should become very handy!

;) cant say more...

Keep voting.....

Let me guess radio show ur planning:rolleyes:

Blackpool Rock! Yum!

Jamhot

Emo - is short for a style of hard rock that is supposedly "emo"-tional in spite of its hardness.

emo first emerged in the mid 80s it was a form of punk subculture nothing like it is known as today, more recently was reborn as the sort of depressive/sad more emotional sort of music a lot of them are seen in the public eye where im from in the main city center hundreds of them gather on a daily basis along with a lot of punk/goth/alternatie formly known as teenie greenie

teenie greenie

A british 'mall metal' person.

Originally from Newcastle where all teenie greenies hang around 'the green', they are the scum of the earth who think they are individual because they listen to whatever 'Kerrang!' ("rock" music magazine) tells them

They often think they are better then eveyone eles and consider themselves "individuals" and "outcasts"

Teenie greenies are easy to spot as they wear nothing but black, and wear ties over t-shirts. Many wear nail varnish and makeup and spend hours making sure thier hair looks "messy".

just thought id shed a little light or my knowledge on this even though it may be irelevant :wtg:

P.S Industrial all the way

[YOUTUBE]htM3LhX27mc[/YOUTUBE]

where's the cold-wave hair rock???
it's the best!!

For me:

Industrial Metal, Industrial Rock, Symphonic Metal, Progressive Metal, Power Metal, some Nu Metal, some Alternative Metal, some old school Punk like Rancid and Black Flag (not this new crap the teens are so obsessed with), Cello Rock, Synthrock (like I:Scintilla, some Depeche Mode), Viking and/or Pirate Metal (listen to Alestorm and try and tell me it isn't awesome), and others I'm probably forgetting.

Those are just the Rock/Metal-based ones... if you want to go into genres with rock/metal influences in them, I could keep going.

My votes in order of love.
Ska(mainly 2tone & 3rd wave), OMG how??? did I omit this! <---- Edit
Progressive Rock, right now Spocks Beard V The Great Nothing - 27mins :D
Classic Rock
Progressive Electric
Dance
Chillout
Classical
Grunge
Post Grunge
Metal
Progressive Metal
Death Metal
Nu Metal
Industrial
Computer Games Rock

Last edited:
Prog Rock, Indie Rock, Post-Rock for me!

(other)

im in to the bluesy rocking stuff... SRV, kenny wayne sheppard, the early zepplin, blues traveler, and any blues band that can really get the party rockin:headbang:

Back